Lose 10 pounds in September 2017!!!!

Options
Hi,

I've got a goal of losing 10lbs by the end of September. I realize it will be difficult but I think that it is doable. It would be great to have some buddies along the way!

My goal is to eat more veggies, fewer carbs, and little sugar. I will also be ramping up my exercise. I have an injury I am recovering from so I will be swimming more.

The challenge starts on Friday the 1st, but I'll say where I am starting from. I am at 144lbs as of August 29th, 2017.

Keep posting your weight, your goals, and any other thoughts!

Thanks!
Jessica

Replies

• Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I also need to shift these last 10 pounds!
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Gotta look good in that halloween costume!
  • swells164
    swells164 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this! I just (re)started my weight loss journey and need a good kick in the butt to get some more exercising in. I currently run once a week and play in a 40 minute competitive soccer game on Sunday's. I am also coming back from an injury (which, so far, seems to be doing fairly well after 2 games) so I think I can up my running and physical fitness a little more.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Today's weight 156.2 with an ultimate goal weight of 144 pounds. I am looking for September to be the month I reach goal and switch to maintenance.

01 September -
    02 September -
    03 September -
    04 September -
    05 September -
    06 September -
    07 September -
  • StephaBling
    StephaBling Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've never done a challenge on MFP before so I'm not sure how it works.
  • Mahamalik2196
    Mahamalik2196 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Guys I request you all to keep on Posting about what is working for you in this weight loss journey!
  • danigerbez
    danigerbez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in, my weight has slowly crept up on me over the last 2 years. I've got about 35 lbs to lose. Starting with 10 in September seems like a good first goal. I'm semi-active (walking the dog daily, occasional bike to work but spend a lot of time sitting at work).

I'll have to remember that small changes will bring me more success overall. Thanks for the challenge.

I've never done this before, it'll be nice to have some group support.

-D
  • shelleythornton253
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • INNERDIVA302
    INNERDIVA302 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I would also like to participate in the challenge. I need a jump start. I do not feel comfortable posting my weight but I will include my losses.
  • kalinkacs
    kalinkacs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I have the same goal and will be glad to do it in a good company
  • tinat1819
    tinat1819 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) Add me as a friend and let's motivate each other and keep each other accountable
  • Sunaina25
    Sunaina25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Gained 30 pounds in last 4 years. Time to lose them
  • JessicaChicago70
    JessicaChicago70 Posts: 83 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Great to see all of you on here! It makes me feel more motivated already. I'm in PT for an injury so I'm focusing on biking and swimming right now. I'll start posting my weight on Friday. If you don't want to post your current weight, gains and losses are ok too. We're just here to motivate and support each other!
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I will do my best to stay committed.
  • jandrgentle
    jandrgentle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want in! Ideally I would like to lose 30 pounds by December 1, so this is a great place to start. I slip up about every other day so I really need to stick with this
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My progress has really slowed down the last couple of months, so I really need to get serious and ramp it back up!
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Need to lose the last 10 lbs. will post starting weight tomorrow.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    August starting weight (8/1): 265

Today: 255
    End of September goal: 245

End of Year goal: 225
    Ultimate goal (by 4/30) : 208

I'll check in about once a week.
  • mrslmartin1001
    mrslmartin1001 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I currently weigh 176, I need to get to at least 168 for my BMI and weight to be normal. I am 5'9".
    I will strive for 8lbs I def need to lose and hope I can hit the 10lbs goal with all of y'all! I have lost 8lbs since
    "re-starting" MFP 16 days ago!