What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    I joined a gym! I worked out, and although I was the only woman in the free weights section all the guys could not have been nicer. A really big guy helped me out and gave me tips on my form. It's 24 hours and within walking distance of my house.

Also, the cat has figured out that I have a lap now. For a long time I didn't so he never tried to sit on my lap. He finally noticed I lost weight!

Although I'm not always the only woman in the freeweights, I am usually the oldest person. I get "Yes ma'am" and "No ma'am" for everything. I apparently go to a very polite gym.

Living in one of the most wonderful areas of one of the most hospitable states, also helps.

So true.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    I joined a gym! I worked out, and although I was the only woman in the free weights section all the guys could not have been nicer. A really big guy helped me out and gave me tips on my form. It's 24 hours and within walking distance of my house.

Also, the cat has figured out that I have a lap now. For a long time I didn't so he never tried to sit on my lap. He finally noticed I lost weight!

Although I'm not always the only woman in the freeweights, I am usually the oldest person. I get "Yes ma'am" and "No ma'am" for everything. I apparently go to a very polite gym.

There's also a lot of respect for women that lift by men that lift. So many women focus on cardio and lower body work that any woman working upper body is seen as something special. Also, women tend to not "ego-lift" (higher weights with really bad form because the weights are too high), so having great form is also very respected. And kuddos to you for finding a polite gym!

That's true too!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT one for selfies at the gym, but a friend snuck up on me while I was doing assisted chin-ups and snapped this. Had no idea I had back muscles! This is from one year working at the gym (joined on my 50th birthday--first time EVER working out or even stepping foot in a gym). I don't have a 'before' picture of my back but will show you my front shot--just assume my back is all soft and doughy-like. (-135 lbs lost--hence the loose skin over my bra).

31thu43n619g.jpg
    f9i97ioi6tib.jpg

Julie, you are amazing. Just amazing.

Agree. This is the most awesome thing I have seen on the internet today! You are absolutely and unequivocally crushing it! Wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!