orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I have a Jamis Coda Sport hybrid.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »

Wow, that's a lot of miles. Congrats!

Thank you. I just love cycling (in case anyone hadn't guessed!)

JetJaguar wrote: »

Just a heads up, with that kind of mileage you may need to change the front chainring, too. If you find the new chain sometimes skips under hard pedaling, that'll be the culprit.

Ah - I will keep an eye on that as I did have a few incidences of the chain slipping/skipping (but not since fitting the new chain, haven't had a chance to get out as the weather has been so awful). Thank you for mentioning that. That's something else I really like about these threads - how much you learn.

And one of my tyres will need replacing again soon. In fact the way I'm going, I will have replaced everything on it except the frame before long . . . better start saving for a new bike :)

On my road bike, I usually wear out rear tires faster than the front, and rear tires wear differently - they sort of square off, whereas the front tire wears more evenly across the tread side-to-side. So usually I'll get a new tire and put it on the front, then move the old front tire to the rear.

(This doesn't work for my mountain bike, BTW. I run different tires front and rear.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!