Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I judge everyone. Nothing personal, just for my own amusement. Like watching a movie.

Oh I judge people too, just not based on how they look, more on what they say and how they act.

I'm talking about first impressions. That can be more than just looks.

Well you did say "you look at somebody and get a first impression". Just because you get an impression doesn't mean you necessarily judge them. IDK...I could be wrong. *shrugs*

I guess for this discussion perhaps I am using the term judgment to equal the conclusions your brain immediately jumps to based on first look, encounter, or noticing of another individual (and that first noticing however you react or instantly perceive that person is a first impression)

Edit to add...to notice someone you usually look at them ...so first impression kind of is a judgment in this discussion

Okay my bad. I didn't think judgments and observations were one in the same. But carry on.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Everyone judges even if we don't want to.

Here, for example, I've thought on occasions "wow this person is really full of themself, this person is really confident, this person is hilarious !" But really, behind the scenes of the forum stage they're all of this but all equally as broken too and I actually find that more beautiful because it's real.

I've also been told I make terrible first impressions. My ex told me I come across cold, snarky and stuck up. Once he got to know me though he...just kidding, I killed him.

My exact thoughts in first paragraph. :)
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I work in a bar, and I will totally judge you on your drink order
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

lol. I judge people who drink Moscato. :laugh:
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

lol. I judge people who drink Moscato. :laugh:

I can often guess the kind of tip I will get from someone by what they order and how they order it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    You can't judge a book by looking at the cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lch0o4wwGyw
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lch0o4wwGyw

Well you can....it's just ill advised
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    The other day I saw a Pan handler holding a sign by the stop sign. A woman (nicely dressed) was handing him a bag of groceries then hugged him . My first impression was to feel bad for the pan handler, wonder about his situation, and I assumed the lady was probably a really good person, maybe wealthy based on her fancy outfit. First impressions.

There was this guy standing outside the grocery store. I go to a few different grocery stores. I assumed he was homeless because of the way he looked. I figured because I was about to buy myself some groceries, I would throw some things in my cart for him. So I asked him if he was hungry. He said, "No. I'm just waiting for my wife." And here she comes walking up. And there they go into the store together. And I'm like, "Oops. Dumb me." I thought that was a hungry homeless guy, because of the way he looked.

The old waiting for the wife trick... classic.
  • cee134
    Options

Here, for example, I've thought on occasions "wow this person is really full of themself, this person is really confident, this person is hilarious !" But really, behind the scenes of the forum stage they're all of this but all equally as broken too and I actually find that more beautiful because it's real.

I've also been told I make terrible first impressions. My ex told me I come across cold, snarky and stuck up. Once he got to know me though he...just kidding, I killed him.

So where did you bury the body? I'm asking, not because I am the police that hacked this guys account to get information on a murder, but because I am interested in fellow members of MyFitnessPal.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    You know you do it. I know you do it. Everyone knows you do it. We all know that you look at somebody and get a first impression. Have you ever judged someone on that first impression? Unless you are super human, I bet you have. Have there been times when you were judge and jury and dismissed someone for whatever reason based on first impressions?

And yes, we all know that you judge a person once you get to know them and discover that they are made of unicorns and rainbows. So let's get real. When did you judge someone? What was the verdict? Did your opinion change upon further personality investigation? Or was this just a first glance, never get to know them permanent judgement?

I was overwhelmed by the "you know's"

• Just_J_Now
    Options
    You know you do it. I know you do it. Everyone knows you do it. We all know that you look at somebody and get a first impression. Have you ever judged someone on that first impression? Unless you are super human, I bet you have. Have there been times when you were judge and jury and dismissed someone for whatever reason based on first impressions?

And yes, we all know that you judge a person once you get to know them and discover that they are made of unicorns and rainbows. So let's get real. When did you judge someone? What was the verdict? Did your opinion change upon further personality investigation? Or was this just a first glance, never get to know them permanent judgement?

I was overwhelmed by the "you know's"

I know.

*judging* B)
  • cee134
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

Pretty sure that's the only thing the cover is for

I always judge books by their cover.

For example this book is about a crazy pirate the likes to bury bodies instead of treasure.

xj99yezzfbz6.jpg

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

So where did you bury the body? I'm asking, not because I am the police that hacked this guys account to get information on a murder, but because I am interested in fellow members of MyFitnessPal.

I didn't bury it, silly, I put on my favourite episode of breaking bad and followed the instructions.

I also hope people's first impression of me isn't in this thread. :#