pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I work in a bar, and I will totally judge you on your drink order

lol. I judge people who drink Moscato. :laugh:

I can often guess the kind of tip I will get from someone by what they order and how they order it.

I judge Moscato as well. It is the white zin of the 2010s.

What do big tippers usually order vs small tippers? Just curious.

Or, tell me my tip based on my drink :D
    If I'm ordering wine I am a Cab - not brand specific or if at a sports bar, line up the shots of fireball...
    My husband is a double Makers Mark neat... same at a sports bar

Hmmm...I'll take the sports bar option as that's what I work in. Neither of those drinks are a sign of a bad tipper. I would hope secretly that the Makers means that he's willing to spend money. Now if you come in, and act all high and mighty while ordering said drinks, I would assume that you are showing off, and that the tip will be poor, because you didn't really have the money to be ordering such anyway.
    I will assume you are not the later and go with....(as long as the service is deserving) a decent 18-22%
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    When the guy at the drive through window is missing teeth, looks confused and smells weird I usually assume my order is going to be wrong.

Speaking of Jabba, did you know Salacious B. Crumb might be the most Judgy McJudgepants around?

km72iew6q2g7.gif
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

I can often guess the kind of tip I will get from someone by what they order and how they order it.

If I'm ordering wine I am a Cab - not brand specific or if at a sports bar, line up the shots of fireball...

Hmmm...I'll take the sports bar option as that's what I work in. Neither of those drinks are a sign of a bad tipper. I would hope secretly that the Makers means that he's willing to spend money. Now if you come in, and act all high and mighty while ordering said drinks, I would assume that you are showing off, and that the tip will be poor, because you didn't really have the money to be ordering such anyway.
    I will assume you are not the later and go with....(as long as the service is deserving) a decent 18-22%

Yay! We are actually good tippers. We are the 30-35% people you WANT to get seated at your table/bar. We are not wealthy, but know just how hard servers work and want to be appreciative. Also, we feel like we are making up for the 5-10% folks.
  • pudgy1977
    Options

Yay! We are actually good tippers. We are the 30-35% people you WANT to get seated at your table/bar. We are not wealthy, but know just how hard servers work and want to be appreciative. Also, we feel like we are making up for the 5-10% folks.

I will send you a GC to my bar. LOL
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @pudgy1977 that would be quite a haul from Atlanta :D
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Everyone judges even if we don't want to.

Here, for example, I've thought on occasions "wow this person is really full of themself, this person is really confident, this person is hilarious !" But really, behind the scenes of the forum stage they're all of this but all equally as broken too and I actually find that more beautiful because it's real.

I've also been told I make terrible first impressions. My ex told me I come across cold, snarky and stuck up. Once he got to know me though he...just kidding, I killed him.

:joy::joy::joy:
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Since tipping is so often based on a percentage of the bill, do you ever find yourself showing favoritism to someone that is spending more vs the guy that just wants a burger and water?
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker who totally looked like High-Maintenance Barbie. Chatted with her once...she was really very nice, but my impression of her didn't change much.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I had a coworker once at a bar where I worked (boss actually) who had chronically greasy hair, a poorly disguised pot belly in ill fitting outfits, grey teeth with a lot of visible plaque on them, googly glasses and multiple chins.

Once she got a little tipsy after the shift, took off her shoes and propped her feet up on the bar in the bartender's face and he said they really smelled.

I was tempted to dismiss her as gross and nothing but. She turned out to be the nicest boss I ever had and I always remember her fondly :heart:

Sounds like she was still pretty gross.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I judge, I damn sure do.

Thing is, I don't care if others judge me for judging.

Not giving AF has it's advantages.

• pudgy1977
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Since tipping is so often based on a percentage of the bill, do you ever find yourself showing favoritism to someone that is spending more vs the guy that just wants a burger and water?

Actually no. I have learned that sometimes the single person can sometimes be the easiest to take care of, and the best tipper.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread where we told people our first impressions of them.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Actually no. I have learned that sometimes the single person can sometimes be the easiest to take care of, and the best tipper.

So if I'm a really easy to deal with customer that just wants my food and a check, can I get away with a smaller percentage tip? I feel like I'm leaving money on the table here, pun intended.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a thread where we told people our first impressions of them.

You're funny but complicated.

Complicated? Really? :hushed:
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

Complicated is good imo, better than simple.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Complicated is good imo, better than simple.

Still.

I'm simple.

:grimace:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Simple Is Good.