• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I work in a bar, and I will totally judge you on your drink order

lol. I judge people who drink Moscato. :laugh:

I can often guess the kind of tip I will get from someone by what they order and how they order it.

I used to work in a bar, so I always tip really well no matter what I order. Even if it's a water.

I'm so glad people in new zealand are not expected to tip. It is actually weird for someone to tip. When I went to the states I found the tipping confusing and expensive, puts you off going anywhere that has service as the true cost is a lot more than what is displayed as you have to tip no matter the service.

you need to add 20% more syllables to this post.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited August 2017

I can often guess the kind of tip I will get from someone by what they order and how they order it.

I used to work in a bar, so I always tip really well no matter what I order. Even if it's a water.

I'm so glad people in new zealand are not expected to tiptoe. It is actually weird for someone to tiptoe. When I went to the states I found the tiptoeing confusing and expensive, puts you off going anywhere that has service as the true cost is a lot more than what is displayed as you have to tiptoe no matter the service.

Ftfy
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    I love sitting in a café and watching people - wondering what sort of person they are by the what they wear and how they interact, what their life is like etc. I'm often told that I come across hard and unfriendly when in fact I'm the opposite. When I first met my personal trainer I thought he was friendly, knowledgeable and supportive - what he often gets told is that people think he's an a-hole because he's a bodybuilder and has tattoos which people find intimidating (whereas I thought those attributes were a bonus).

I know we shouldn't judge but we do.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member

I'm so glad people in new zealand are not expected to tip. It is actually weird for someone to tip. When I went to the states I found the tipping confusing and expensive, puts you off going anywhere that has service as the true cost is a lot more than what is displayed as you have to tip no matter the service.

What really shocked me was all the bathroom attendants in Germany you're supposed to tip. Even the grocery store restroom had bathroom attendants

I'd hate that. I don't like people hearing me use the restroom.

I'd have tipped them if they promised to leave.

It was the epitome of awkward situations for me. The one woman was eating her lunch in the bathroom. So like, do I still tip? Is she on her lunch break?

ETA: Also wtf is a euro and is that a good tip idk

It's not a lot but how much should you really tip someone to listen to you pee? There are no guidelines for this.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member

What really shocked me was all the bathroom attendants in Germany you're supposed to tip. Even the grocery store restroom had bathroom attendants

I'd hate that. I don't like people hearing me use the restroom.

I'd have tipped them if they promised to leave.

It was the epitome of awkward situations for me. The one woman was eating her lunch in the bathroom. So like, do I still tip? Is she on her lunch break?

ETA: Also wtf is a euro and is that a good tip idk

It's not a lot but how much should you really tip someone to listen to you pee? There are no guidelines for this.

I usually pay top dollar to listen...oh you meant...never mind
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    The other night my wife asked me if, when we first met, she had better hair, a better job, a cooler personality, etc. but weighed 300lbs if I'd still hit that. I told her that her looks is why I dated her, but her personality is why I married her.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    The other night my wife asked me if, when we first met, she had better hair, a better job, a cooler personality, etc. but weighed 300lbs if I'd still hit that. I told her that her looks is why I dated her, but her personality is why I married her.

So that's a no?
  • WorkerDrone83
    edited August 2017
    km8907 wrote: »

So that's a no?

My answer didn't seem to appease her, either.

ETA- fortunately, she doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to being shallow in the dating game.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member

So that's a no?

ETA- fortunately, she doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to being shallow in the dating game.

Well, she asked if you'd hit that if she was 300 pounds, not would you marry her if she was 300 pounds. You basically answered her question as hell no.
  • WorkerDrone83
    edited August 2017

So that's a no?

Well, she asked if you'd hit that if she was 300 pounds, not would you marry her if she was 300 pounds. You basically answered her question as hell no.

Yeah, basically. I think I used a bit more tact.
    Let's be honest, one's appearance is like their resume that scores them an interview. Of course you can take a chance and get to know them and really hit it off, and then what? You found a really good friend that you're still not attracted to to whom you're still not attracted. (Ended my sentence in a preposition. Sorry!)