Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    You know what's delicious that I haven't had in eons?!? Subway's oatmeal raisin cookies. They just popped in my head, and now I can't stop thinking about them. They're 200 calories per... Hmmmmm

Raisins were put on this earth by Satan himself. Bleaarrgghhh :s

I will agree with this. Evil little pretending-to-be-chocolate-chips critters. The horror of expecting chocolate and getting THOSE is unparallelled! (I do like oatmeal cookies, though. Just hold the raisins!)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    There's a Subway about 3 blocks from my office. I am seriously debating cookies for lunch now. :D

Sounds like a super awesome plan! If it fits your macros, that is. ;)

I'm kinda meh about my cals/macros today. After tomorrow, I'm gonna get back on that wagon.

That's me today. Not pretty. I had a Steakhouse Angus (they top it with beef bacon over here) from Burger King with a large fries, then topped it off with an Oreo McFlurry from McDonald's... Then a little later I had a donut. Oops? (At least I still have a deficit for the week. Definitely not for the day, though.)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Clean is...not quite accurate but I do eat very healthy. And then, cookies from the roll of Pillsbury dough in my fridge with a dollop of whipped cream because you gotta have balance.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will agree with this. Evil little pretending-to-be-chocolate-chips critters. The horror of expecting chocolate and getting THOSE is unparallelled! (I do like oatmeal cookies, though. Just hold the raisins!)

I like you. I think we're going to get along.
    :D
  • zannatagged
    zannatagged Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh the realist link! Thank you for this thread! Where do I pitch my tent! ;D
  • drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I find it whoever you talk to, no matter what you "think" is right for you, someone always tells you that your wrong. There is always that one person. If what you are doing is a step in the right direction, then tell them to take a hike. After all it's your body, your gonna live in it and your gonna die in it....you get to choose how you feed it.
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and I'm so glad I'm not alone! I'll try to eat super healthy but then I'll forget to log and then decide to eat whatever I want. I'm actually back from another "hiatus". Now I'm trying to find balance. Eating right is the main objective. But if I want the ice cream or French fries, I try to do so with moderation. Let's see how long I can keep this up!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Let's start a Death-To-Raisins club! ;)
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want... But I also cook the family meals so they eat what I make. >:) I've done way better at cutting down on pasta and eating more lean meat. All in Moderation though for me to stay at my 1200 goal or below.

I used to have a terrible sour candy habit and they no longer taste good to me since I've cut them out of my diet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oh the realist link! Thank you for this thread! Where do I pitch my tent! ;D

There's a flat spot over here! :D
  • LindaGilpin59
    LindaGilpin59 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Aren't raisins just dead grapes? I will eat raisins but baking with them should be illegal.
  • zannatagged
    zannatagged Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Did I share this in here? My celebratory dessert for dinner after my competition this weekend. Cookie molcajete - brown butter cookie with toffee, white chocolate chunks and pretzel bits, topped with vanilla ice cream, and caramel and chocolate drizzle. And two margaritas... ;)

db74pniks4a5.jpg

I just woke up, but that looks like a fabulous start to go with my coffee lol
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Treacle toffee, just saying!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Aren't raisins just dead grapes? I will eat raisins but baking with them should be illegal.

Nah, just withered grapes. Kill them with fire!

I agree about making it illegal to bake with them, but I hate them on their own, too! Plus in my country (and across the Gulf, I believe) it's popular to put them in rice dishes, and THAT is extremely unpleasant. :s
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh good morning my people. My BeachBody FB acquaintances are talking about how sad/mad at themselves they are because they were "bad" this weekend and ate one non 21-day-fix food item and they gained 1 lb and look how awful they look now.
    Meanwhile my weekend featured: BodyPump as always on Saturday, a nice walk in the sun on Sunday...oh, and 4 wineries, an Italian balsamic vinegar and olive oil tasting (black truffle EVOO I *NEED* you in my life!), a 10" italian sub from my favorite deli, lunch at BurgerFi, seeing Dunkirk (with popcorn), tacos, margaritas, pancakes, and a mimosa.
    I did not come close to meeting my calorie goals and I have 0 *kitten* to give about it. Fiance works for a university, so this was one of our last free weekends until Christmas. I usually eat on a sort of 5 days reasonable, 2 fun pattern...but this week was 5 reasonable, 2 nonsensical. Even moderation in moderation, right? :D
    Today, back to the routine - spin this morning, and currently at my desk with water and a Larabar. The scale will say whatever it feels like when I weigh in tomorrow (really, I'm anticipating a high-five for a weekend well-lived) and in a week or so I'll be back where I should be. 2 fun days out of 365 is not gonna move the needle backwards much on my otherwise forward progress for the year.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Dinner in pub tonight - falafel♥️ spiced wrap or goats cheese♥️, strawberry♥️ and pecan ♥️ salad????

Love falafel but the Salad will leave me enough cals left for a huge dessert♥️ - decision made
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Everyday I enjoy sweets, cupcake, pie, ice cream, chips, chocolates, whatever I crave for the day. I try my best to have some salad with protein, but I think the bulk of my meal comes from junk. I do not feel bad about it..!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't eat "clean" either, nor do I have any desire to. If fact, I downright loathe most people who obsess over this and avoid them like the plague if they are particularly 3rd Reich over it.

However, I do count calories, and I have lost over 80 pounds and am just 12 pounds from goal. Feel free to add me. I am also a distance runner and am always looking for other runners on my friend's list.
  • Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please please add me anyone who is interested. I had someone all but beg me to make my dairy public just to then comment that it wasn't healthy, but who asked you