Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Rest of Chinese Chicken salad for dinner.

Kathryn, hot? okay very warm, but not hot cocoa or oatmeal. I was told you drink hot coffee on a hot day and it cools you off, not real sure about that one. Oatmeal is a lazy- default go to and on a hot day doesnt require much thinking. There is a 110 day looming so we shall see.

MrsLeonard - welcome, some of us did WW some have not. You are welcome to stop by and post anytime.

It may be an early evening, so if you hear the snoring under Lana's Palm Tree - not the NC tree -that is probably me, however Miss T can snore as well (just not as loud) and she is so cute we just forgive her.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options

Hello again everybody -

Welcome to Mrs. Leonard~~

Yes Kathryn, my sister doesn't have air conditioning. She's in a house that was built in the 50s. From what I've gathered, decades ago it just never got very hot in the Bay Area, so homes were built with central heat but not cooling. Also she has some odd windows and sliding glass doors, so not a/c-unit friendly. Drat.

Have a good evening everyone~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Can I join in on these daily updates? I think something like this would really help me! I'm not in ww or anything but love seeing how supportive you all are.

Welcome! Post any time
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn - job is going pretty good...I enjoy the job, just not all coworkers... but, I'm just doing my job and not worrying about them... hope you get your window at work... I've worked in places with no daylight... that can make for depressing days..
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thursday.

I don't want to adult today. Sigh... I should probably get ready for work now.

Oats for breakfast and coffee.... lovely coffee...must have coffee. Maybe 5 more minutes? Sure why not.
  • ktillot
    ktillot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to be part of this group! I love encouraging and helping women reach their potential!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thursday.

Oats for breakfast and coffee.... lovely coffee...must have coffee. Maybe 5 more minutes? Sure why not.

Love this....have a good day, Samuels! One day closer to the weekend.

Waves to all and special welcome to the new ones.

Tess
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thursday.

Adulting is no fun...I want a refund...
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    met an old friend for dinner last night and I was hoping for a nice bowl of soup. unfortunately, she chose an Indian and I cannot have not Veg Thali when I am there. A bit too many calories, as food had to come with a beer...
    Today going better. I have noticed that the pain I had in my left hip has gone. I blame the one lonely kilo I lost. I am on my way. Logging works fine at the moment. I haven't managed to get some exercise in a long while but will try to move more during the day, avoiding lifts and escalators. motivation is coming back with every gram I lose.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    5 minutes turned into 60 :s

Focusing on controlling those snacks at night. So far I've stuck to my meal plan 2/3 days this week. It's great until I get home. Burnt stir fry this morning so I'll have to buy lunch today. AND it's food market day. Will see how it goes. I actually dropped 1.7 lbs in the last ten days. Maybe I'll set -1.7 as my goal for the next ten... slow and steady.

WAVES to all who check in today.

Dawn - I know right...

Bux - you've got this...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, I cant print what I decided today should be called it will become "kitten" on here.
    kiezyoaqow7b.png

yjxvxgbb1l9s.png

Rsamuels - good job on your loss!! I am to the point where dementia which is down the road has its advantages....

Very hot - extreme weather conditions this weekend in CA - so morning errands and then inside. I just need a cooler day Wednesday to take dog to vet (pick up in afternoon is my concern).

The day's gears are turning. Make it your best day. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sara - thanks for the laugh. I had forgotten about the "kitten" word substitution on this website!
    But wait - I just typed a "stagehand word" and the preview printed it. Never mind.
    It is Kitten Thursday.

Sara - Once September really gets here, will your high temperatures let up a bit?

I guess Miss Tillie isn't quiet enough to bring into your office and hide under your desk on Wednesday?
    Some theater people who have small dogs train them from puppies to never make a sound, so that they can bring them to the theater.....they are quiet but sometimes get out of where they should be and show up, well, on stage....

But I digress....
    I think today is going to be an ostrich day with the Big Oak tree. Waiting on Tree Company #2 to call me back. I really want a bid from them because they will dovetail best with next-door neighbor and hopefully be less costly than Superman Company #1 which wants $10K not including the stump. Gah.

Last night for dinner I had Bertolli's frozen bag of dinner that is bow tie pasta and chicken with a florentine sauce.....Whoa the salt! Tasty but holy cow. Leftovers tomorrow or Saturday. Not today. Scale is up major league.....to be expected.

I have a double exercise planned in the pool to make up for yesterday's slacking.

This is too long. BBL
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tooting my own horn:
    I just planned out my day, and I came up in the green by 10 calories. Not going to use any activity calories.

Now I can flop on that virtual lounge chair......
    Cabana Boys have a special Happy Hour planned for today; something about getting us all up and dancing, pets included~~

Lana
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I am definitely a bit of a 'serial starter' lol, having started on this site about 4 or 5 different times! But I am totally determined this time! I have lost 13lbs so far using MFP and am so proud although I have a way to go yet! :) If anyone wants some mutual support please add me! xxx
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Voila has frozen skillet meals with chicken that have 630 mg of sodium I looked at a Bertolli and it was 900 - so if you have other options at the store - it may help a little with the sodium. at work for a couple more minutes

Getting the disco lyrics out when I get home....
  • oldsmobilelover
    oldsmobilelover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another serial starter here. Been battling my weight and food habits for over 30 years. Feeling positive now and working hard to remain focused.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oh, yes, it's Ladies' Night
    And the feeling's right
    Oh, yes, it's Ladies' Night
    Oh, what a night
    Romantic lady
    Single baby
    Mm, sophisticated mama
    Come on you disco lady, yeah
    Play with me tonight mama, yeah
    If you hear any noise, it ain't the boys....

Kool and the Gang.

x5sd97rdv1am.png

Waiting for frozen lasagna and shade to take dog out for more grass..... she thinks I am being cruel, not interested in getting sunburn so she can chew on grass.

Lana - usually our Septembers tend to cool off, most of us are just tired of this....so we are hoping. Dog apt Wednesday - I have day off and the car becomes a real oven in the heat - she would be quiet under desk but no can do.

Hope to be back a little later. Hello new posters today - stop by and post when you can.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    inhh7yqqm5oz.png

It's flapjack friday tomorrow, canadian flag for Ali !! If you tell me I made you eat 10 I dont know what to tell you except wow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey....yeh.....where has Ali been?
    I have not had decent pancakes in years. I've had mediocre, from-mix pancakes.....maple syrup.
    Those in the photo look very very good!

I'm better off with French Toast with good bread.....maybe this weekend?

All today I thought it was Wednesday again. Tomorrow is indeed Friday!

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Ugh...I Hop keeps advertising French toasted donuts... oddly, they look super yummy... glad there isn't one close...