Ripped in 30 w/ Jillian M. Who's in?!?!

Options

Replies

• BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    W1D5 done! :) I am still so sore! Yikes! It could have something to do with the fact that I am using 5lb weights. I don't have a lighter set. haha.

I personally like Jillian a lot better in Ripped In 30 than in 30DS. She was like intimidating and meaner in 30DS. This one she at least seems a lot lighter and has a better sense of humor!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just finished day 2 yesterday so I'd love to join in. I don't plan on doing it everyday but maybe every other day. I am definately sore, seems to be a great leg workout though, which I love!
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I just started week 2 two days ago... so I am in! I'll be visiting this thread :)
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You are all doing so great!!!

Beauty- Im with you, I can actually laugh with her in this one, in 30DS I yelled at her ALOT! haha

W1D3 Finished today. Felt great, but feel like I slacked a bit. Drinking lots of water and not dropping any weight which is ok for now!!! Hope you are all keeping cool in this heat!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Just finished D3W1! Sad but this is so far the longest I've stayed with it! lol
  • kel834
    kel834 Posts: 23
    Options
    week 1 day 3 done, I actually could do a few push-ups ( i have always hated those), keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Didn't do RI tonight; did another workout instead. I am sooo sore though, I can feel every muscle in my legs. It's great!:happy:
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    D2W1 done. Was definetly sore this morning when I woke up! have fun everyone!:happy:
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the shred (week 1 day 6 today) but bought RI30 last night and plan to do it after this round of 30DS, so I'd like to follow you for awhile and see how you're doing. good luck, get ready to get ripped!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are all staying on track!!!

chubswonky- Im glad to hear that!! All it takes is a good support system and some dedication. :D keep it going!!!!

MadBabysMama- you can still check in here with your shred workouts if you'd like. Most of us have done the shred, so we can totally relate to you!!!

Today I finished W1D4! My sisters are all here visiting, so I thought it was going to be really embarassing to workout in front of them ( they're all 3 skinny girls) but it actually made me push even harder through my workout! I might just have to keep them around ;p
    Hope you all have an amazing day. Keep ripping and stay true to YOU!!!!!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    Look at you all go! I'm so proud of you guys! Keep pushing along! You're all doing such a great job and keep me motivated to get my workout in!

Today I did W1D6. I have one more day of this first week and then its on to week two! I am finally not feeling as sore as I have the first 5 days! Oh it was brutal! Haha! Today I had a little issue with procrastinating with my workout and wrestling with my mind, which wanted me to take a rest day. I fought the feeling though and made it through the workout!

I am trying to avoid the scale as much as I can because I know my muscles are going to be retaining water and that will make the #s on the scale be higher than normal!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    I finished the first week of RI30 today!

On to level 2 tomorrow! I'm a little scared as I don't know what to expect!

Is everyone taking rest days? I haven't yet!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I finished the first week of RI30 today!

On to level 2 tomorrow! I'm a little scared as I don't know what to expect!

Is everyone taking rest days? I haven't yet!

Congrats, that's awesome! Is it tons harder than 30DS? I'm still on Level 1 of 30DS, so I know the shred gets harder, too - how much harder is Ri30 than, say, Level 3 of the shred?
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm taking a rest day today. I plan on doing one for each week. I'm on week 2... and I kind of hate it. I did it for three days but I feel like week one was a better workout so I'm probably going to do week 1 again until I start week 3.

Also, I scanned ahead and looked at week 3...it's kind of weird. I think I'm just used to the 30DS and so all these new moves are scaring me! haha
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late for this because it seems great! I just bought the Ripped in 30 dvd a couple of hours ago and intend on starting it August 1st. I was originally looking for the 30DS but I couldn't find it and I was in a hurry to start a new work out so I picked this cause it seemed similar. Is the 30DS somewhat of a prerequisite for Rin30, or can I just start this one with you guys too? Also, do you guys do other workouts during these 30 days or do you just focus on this one? Feel free to add me for more motivation :)
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome! Is it tons harder than 30DS? I'm still on Level 1 of 30DS, so I know the shred gets harder, too - how much harder is Ri30 than, say, Level 3 of the shred?

I don't think week one is that difficult.. I would say it is easier than level 3 of the shred. It sure gives you a great workout, but I felt prepared after completing the 30DS! Now if I hadn't done 30DS before, I bet I would think its a lot harder! You should be fine if you do it after you finish the shred! I thought it was a refreshing week!!

I heard a lot of people say they hated week 2, so that scares me a little bit.. I will have to form my own opinion I guess! haha!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Did days 1-4 of the shred, missed yesterday because I was literally out of my house ALL day. Trying to get the energy to do it now before I start my day.

I HATE her voice though. I put it on mute. :/
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    W2D1 done. OH MY LORD. I take back what I said about Jillian being friendlier in this workout. SHE IS PHYSCO! For the first time I thought I was going to die. I think I cried out loud like 3 times. People said they hated this round, but I wouldn't call it hate.. I just wasn't expecting the difficulty of it. I'm not even correctly executing the moves at times, but even the advanced helper has a few slip ups because its so HARD! That being said.. Good workout full of sweat and tears, thankfully no blood! Week two also has a new warm up which was pretty crazy in my eyes, but because it was unique I liked it!

Those that are on week two or nearing it... What moves are difficult for you? I'll post some now and more tomorrow after I get the hang of the circuits.

The cardio with the plank jacks and mountain climbers together makes me want to die. It's going to take me the entire week to be able to not have to take a break when doing them!

Also that weird ab hold into a table thing is hard for me... I don't really get how to make my body into the hold she wants with the back in that certain position and stuff.

More to come tomorrow! RIP IT TODAY LADIES!
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The cardio with the plank jacks and mountain climbers together makes me want to die. It's going to take me the entire week to be able to not have to take a break when doing them!

Also that weird ab hold into a table thing is hard for me... I don't really get how to make my body into the hold she wants with the back in that certain position and stuff.

YES! This is totally what made week 2 harder for me! I can do the advanced version of the plank jacks for one set, but combined with the mountain climbers, I will be surprised if I can hold out for two sets even by the end of the week. But, I will give it a go. As I mentioned before, I did one day of week 2 last week then went back to week 1, and I'm ready to start week 2 today but kind of dreading it because of those moves. I keep procrastinating, and now I'm thinking of hitting the pool with the kiddos to extend the procrastination! But now that I've told you all that, I have some accountability to come back and let you know that I bit the bullet and jumped in to week 2.

Anyone else feel like their arms aren't really long enough for those ab table thingys? Or is it just lack of strength to hold myself up much higher? My bum is so close to the ground and it just seems like I am doing it wrong.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I would like to join also.I am doing week 2 over,I had to take a break, but Iam back on track on monday!So W2D1 here I come!!!