Age = less attractiveness?

Options
This is a question that is running through my mind lately. It's probably my own insecurities eating me alive so I wanted to know your opinions. I know losing weight will not only help me look better but also feel better about myself too. But does age play any part in this?

As I get older, I worry I won't be attractive enough to meet new friends or find love from the opposite sex. Does anyone else feel this way?

I know confidence is sexy, of course but as I get older, I worry that my weightloss won't be the same as when I was 20 trying to lose weight(and successfully lost 137lbs in a year!). After regaining that weight though and way more than I bargained for, I am really scared.

I know beauty isn't important and it's society that makes us feel that it is, but will my age, affect my level of attractiveness to others or is this all just in my head?

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    "Older the berry, the sweeter the juice" that's what I always say. Well, maybe I don't always say that. Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman are two of my all-time fav hottest actresses and they're both like...80.

It's all in your head.

80? Are you adding their ages together? But Raquel Welch is still pretty smoking hot at 76.

But again, one does not need to be beautiful to be attractive.

No, I was just playing around. I think they're both about 50.
    Agreed.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    But Raquel Welch is still pretty smoking hot at 76.

I guess I'll disagree, in that while she is hot for 76, she was hotter in Barbarella.

That sounds like agreement, not disagreement. I did not say she was hotter than ever.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I guess I'll disagree, in that while she is hot for 76, she was hotter in Barbarella.

Yeah, it sucks, but people get less attractive as they age and, in general, it is worse for women (in the eyes of most men). Looking around the gym, I see older ladies who are fit and in better shape than I am (not difficult to be) but they are not as attractive as the younger women. Somehow (and it may just be the straight guy in me talking here) I don't see as much of a difference between younger and older guys if they are in shape.

It's not right, it's not fair and it is no reason to not improve your health.

Hope I man'splained that well.

You're thinking of Jane Fonda or Anita Pallenberg. Raquel Welch is stunning, but she wasn't in Barbarella,

And this^^ :D

But yes, she's not as hot as in say Mother, Jugs and Speed. But she is hot at 76.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Yeah, it sucks, but people get less attractive as they age and, in general, it is worse for women (in the eyes of most men). Looking around the gym, I see older ladies who are fit and in better shape than I am (not difficult to be) but they are not as attractive as the younger women. Somehow (and it may just be the straight guy in me talking here) I don't see as much of a difference between younger and older guys if they are in shape.

It's not right, it's not fair and it is no reason to not improve your health.

Hope I man'splained that well.

You're thinking of Jane Fonda or Anita Pallenberg. Raquel Welch is stunning, but she wasn't in Barbarella,

Ahhhh. Brain fart. Jane Fonda.