What 'healthy' foods did you ultimately give up on?

Options

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, I hate it in every form I have tried. Also flax seeds, avocado, green powders, halo top ice cream, and frozen yogurt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds
    Protein powder/bars
    Brown rice
    Plain Greek yogurt

Getting so tired of frozen veggies and chicken breasts too sadly (might be why it's much harder to keep a deficit).

Might have to put Halo Top on that list soon.
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kale. It always tasted so strange but I can deal if it's hidden.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    chia and flax seeds, whole wheat pasta, cauliflower crust pizza, halo top ice cream, kale, fat free anything
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Alfalfa sprouts and all the other sprout varieties.
    Almond Butter! I LOVE PB, I tried to eat almond butter for variety, but every time I had it I just choked it down wishing it was PB, so I thought why?
    Beans of any kind. I keep wanting to like black beans, but it's not happening.
  • donnapal79
    donnapal79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All the ones I didn't like.
  • spidergoat
    spidergoat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of oatmeal. I've given up on it for the time being. I decided to make healthy breakfast burritos and have one with fruit in the mornings.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes.

Chicken (when I cook it myself).

BCAA's.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This hasn't really been any one big thing for me, but I tried to learn to like a few meat substitutes and ultimately said forget it. Seitan, tempeh, Boca burgers, Gardein "chicken" and the like. gag. I'd rather just have beans, lentils, or more veggies instead of those! Seitan is the worst to me. I've tried it several ways. Just no.

I really do like tofu, Morningstar veggie patties, and TVP, though!

(I'm not vegetarian or vegan, maybe "flexitarian" which I think sounds silly...but my husband is pescetarian and cooks all of our meals)

Early in my years on MFP, I made an effort to eat WAY more salads. I don't really love salad, it's just okay. Now I'm more likely to just eat a ton of different vegetables (different ways) than putting them together raw in a salad.

• Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1. Liver (unfortunately because it has such an awesome nutrition profile!)
    2. Kale and rocket. Love spinach raw or cooked but cannot stomach either of these!

One that actually I used to hate but have come to enjoy over time is avocado! I seriously used to dispise it but over time I've been slowly incorporating it to up my fats and now I have it a few times a week
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    yogurt, celery, kale, sweet potatoes, turkey bacon
  • Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies
    Chia pudding
    Excessive amounts of raw food

Chia pudding is such a waste of time and my taste buds LOL