What 'healthy' foods did you ultimately give up on?

Options

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    papercut2k wrote: »
    One more for the list: Egg Whites.

Dr. recommended I switch because the cholesterol in full yolk eggs. Yeah... No. I'll take the potential artery-blockage with my omelette because egg whites suck.

Agreed..egg whites are weird but when I scramble I'll do two whites to one whole egg just for more bulk and less cals
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I'll take the extra calories to have a whole egg!

I cannot stand beans and lentils. I wish I liked them but I don't.

Does black bean pasta taste distinctly of black beans?
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, raw vegetables, sweet potatoes, Halo Top ice cream, most fish.
  • donnapal79
    donnapal79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Kale. Kale is the most vile and disgusting tasting thing I ever intentionally and voluntarily put in my mouth.

Beets. I've tried them every way possible but unless I buy prepared beet chips ( which I think are quite delicious) I can't figure out what people are talking about when they say beets are sweet. Because to me they taste like mud. Not even good mud, but like sewer sludge mud.

On the flip side, because of the healthy reputation, I have added baby spinach and fennel to my regular diet. Yumm.

Hahaha...I like beets, but that's just too funny.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options

Dr. recommended I switch because the cholesterol in full yolk eggs. Yeah... No. I'll take the potential artery-blockage with my omelette because egg whites suck.

I don't mind egg whites too much in sandwiches but won't eat them on their own as an omelet or scramble.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    It's funny to see people giving up on fruit, which is our truest "paleo" food. Great apes like us have been subsisting on fruit for millions of years.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

I don't mind egg whites too much in sandwiches but won't eat them on their own as an omelet or scramble.

You have the season egg whites with something or else they taste like nothing. Try mixing in salsa, or a seasoning blend like adobe or cajun blend.

But, I'm also on "team whole egg." I'll eat egg whites, but if I'm cooking myself, it's the whole egg. I like the convenience of having the fat already in the protein.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    Light mayo and Greek yogurt, skim milk, chicken. Blecch.

I don't like full fat mayo or milk. "lighter than light" mayo sucks but I have bought skimmed milk and light mayo for years! Normal mayo only works for me if it is garlic.
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at how often certain foods are listed!
    Although I do only like cooked kale.
    And yes, quinoa can taste awful if it is not properly washed first.
    And I love vegan-no whey protein powder.
    The food I had to give up on trying was grapefruit.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Salads, They can be nice once in a while but I like many others started out thinking I had to eat lots of salads to lose weight. Nah thanks!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I want to like mushrooms, I keep trying them, but they are so disgusting to me in taste and texture that I won't try again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I forgot egg whites. The idea of an egg white omelet makes me want to gag now.
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nuts. I really love them but I have almost zero self control unless it's pre packaged. So I don't buy them. That said, I never like almonds or walnuts.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I want to like mushrooms, I keep trying them, but they are so disgusting to me in taste and texture that I won't try again.

Oh yeah I forgot these. I stopped eating them when I was a child and my mom tried to make me! I understand they might be healthy for me but I find it disgusting like you do.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »

I love them cooked, but dislike them raw. I just eat them cooked now.
  • brandnew222
    brandnew222 Posts: 42 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'd say chicken meat and eggs. I thought they were good for you but nope.
  • nani7722
    nani7722 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't eat green salads, muesli, dark bread (it all gives me stomach bloating), protein bars (waste of money), don't buy protein drinks at the gym