30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Did Day 19 Level 2 today - which should have been day 20. Yesterday I was so physically exhausted from working at the barn that I thought a break was necessary and I didn't feel guilty one bit! Plus I got right back on the JM horse today.

Today was also the first time I did the 30 DS with shoes, and it was SOOO much easier! Especially with the plank moves, I feel like with shoes I had a much better grip. When I was barefoot I had to work harder to keep my feet where they were supposed to be. I think I like the shoes hahaha. The plank jacks and the plank squats (or whatever they are called) were LOADS more doable for me. I did them Natalie style before... but I really did think I was going to die. Which is what JM wanted.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    D19... I did level 3 tonight. I'll do level 2 again tomorrow and then level 3 from there out. I seriously just didn't want to do the same thing over again tonight lol.
    I've finally given in and got protein powder (Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard) yesterday as I just can't get enough with food alone... I have to say it's kind of nice to have "chocolate" milk after doing the shred lol.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Day 15 level 2 day 6! Hung with Natalie a little more today! Gargled my heart!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Finished level 2 with day 20 today. Today was definately my best day of level 2. My son was watching me. As he was watching me he kept encouraging me and when I was done he said he noticed how much better I did. It was really cute.

I am nervous about moving onto level 3 because I still struggle, but I am really motivated to get this done for the sense of accomplishment. I will probably do something else for a few days and then start over at day 1 and see if I can do the whole thing with a little more umph.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 23, Level 3....7 more to go...
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    30DS day 22, L3D2 - done.

My kids are home now and it took a little longer than normal to get to do the exercise. They were curious (well 3/4 were. #1 son just wanted computer time while I was doing it :) They said things like 'That doesn't look hard', to which I replied 'Try it!'. They did, but stopped after just a few seconds...haha. Point to Mom! They tried out a few but soon reverted to coaching mode. #2 son was particularly helpful correcting my plank with comments like 'Mom, I don't think your butt should be that high'. *grin* My youngest had the best timed remark when he said 'Mom, that's harder than it sounds' when I was doing the rock-star jumps.

I had trouble on the last set of abs- I think I may have pulled a muscle slightly yesterday doing my negative pull-ups. Didn't hurt/ache much but when I tried to do the plank lifts on my right side I felt it. I switched and did extra on the left instead. I'll have to baby that arm for a few days so I don't re-injure or make it worse while it heals.
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 22 Level 3 done today... I think Level 3 is by far my favorite... Don't get me wrong it is hard, but for some reason the 20 minutes speed by in this level. I'm still doing mostly Annita moves, but I hope that by the end of this I'll be hanging with Natalie!

Got a long day tomorrow and hoping I can get myself out of bed to knock out the shred, because I know I won't have the energy for it at the end of the day.
  • BioQueen
    Options
    Day 20 Level 2 done... on to level 3 tomorrow! SO pumped, I will probably take a look at the 3rd level tonight to see what I am in for tomorrow. I hear that level 3 is a lot of people's favorite. I think I liked level 1 more than level 2, although both make me sweat buckets. I just don't like planks haha... but they are so good for me.
  • wbruni14
    wbruni14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    30DS day 22, L3D2 - done.

My kids are home now and it took a little longer than normal to get to do the exercise. They were curious (well 3/4 were. #1 son just wanted computer time while I was doing it :) They said things like 'That doesn't look hard', to which I replied 'Try it!'. They did, but stopped after just a few seconds...haha. Point to Mom! They tried out a few but soon reverted to coaching mode. #2 son was particularly helpful correcting my plank with comments like 'Mom, I don't think your butt should be that high'. *grin* My youngest had the best timed remark when he said 'Mom, that's harder than it sounds' when I was doing the rock-star jumps.

I had trouble on the last set of abs- I think I may have pulled a muscle slightly yesterday doing my negative pull-ups. Didn't hurt/ache much but when I tried to do the plank lifts on my right side I felt it. I switched and did extra on the left instead. I'll have to baby that arm for a few days so I don't re-injure or make it worse while it heals.

Hahaha. This made me laugh out loud. My 5 year old daughter was also coaching me today telling me "your supposed to move your hands in a circle" during the jump roping. Kids are too funny :)
  • Keena206
    Keena206 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll do it :)
  • wbruni14
    wbruni14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    L2D19 done today. A little disappointed because this should have been day 20 and my last day on Level 2, but I just couldn't do it on Friday. It was a long day, Ive had a really stressful week, and I was so exhausted. I didn't even eat dinner because i passed out before 8 which left me under 800 cals for the day. (I know, I know its bad. I try to never be under 1200 net).

Here's to a new week though and to starting L3 on Tuesday! Hope all you ladies had a wonderful weekend and are meeting all your personal goals :) we are getting closer and closer to 30 days!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Day 22 is done! :smile:

8 days left! :bigsmile:
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Well, I'm 2 days off track due to out of town travel, but I'm set to start L3 tomorrow....10 days left! Woohoo! I previewed L3 after my workout today. I'm scared.

Congrats to all who have stuck with it, even if you've had to miss a day or two!
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Made it through my first day of level 3. I was thinking it wasn't as bad as I had expected and that it was definately going to be my favorite level. Right up to those rockstar jumps. I don't think I am going to be coordinated enough to do those ever. I almost fell over on every jump and was only getting an inch or so off the ground. May just have to sub some other cardio for those 30 seconds. It took me a minute to sort out some of the moves so my burn wasn't as high, but I think I will be doing Natalie moves quickly in this level.

Good job everyone for sticking withit!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Day 23, L3D3 - Today was harder than yesterday, maybe because I didn't have my cheering section-they were snoozing still.
    Bright side- my arm was fine today. Just needed a little rest yesterday.
  • BioQueen
    Options
    Day 21 Level 3 (first day). So I don't like anything to do with jumping and squatting when they are put together haha! Although my arms weren't as tired as they were in level 2, my body felt more tired.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    D21L3 complete. I generally try to start each move like Natalie and do as much her way but occasionally downgrade to Anita.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Day 21 done. First day of L3. Part of me wants to say it was not as difficult as L2, but yet, I can't do several of the moves "Natalie style," so maybe not!

9 days to go!!!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 25 Level 3 completed...5 to go!!!
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Day 22 L3 done! I think I have the moves figured out now so I can start working up to Natalie moves. Since I know I am not going to be able to do the rockstar jumps I did the ab twists from level 2 during those times.