What is your Go To Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• akcarter1968
    akcarter1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Small mission low carb whole wheat tortilla, warmed, filled with, eggs white scramble with either spinach or asparagus (which I've already roasted and diced to have ready for eggs and salads). Season with mrs. Dash, and top with green dragon hot sauce from trader Joe's. Excellent!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yoghurt, berries of some kind, hemp hearts, and stevia. I make it up the night before and eat it at my desk when I get to work. On the weekends i love oatmeal with maple syrup.
  • verkamartin
    verkamartin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I see oatmeal for breakfast. Doesn't oatmeal have a lot of carbs? Just asking because my carb max is 20g daily.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Usually oats or fiber bars before the gym
  • janelleu1
    janelleu1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My standard go to breakfast(with exception of Saturday mornings).
    -2 slices of homemade flax bran whole wheat bread(200cal)
    -2 tsp homemade jam(30cal)
    -2 eggs fried, scrambled, or coddled in 1/4 tsp butter with salt and pepper. Hint: scramble your eggs with a touch of water instead of milk to shave a few calories(161 cal)
    - black coffee
    - total approx 291 calories (give or take how much jam i feel like having

NOTE: my husband and 4 kids 6 and under eat the same things as I do(They're just allowed to eat more or add sauces). Don't stress yourself out by making 2 meals for each meal.
  • janelleu1
    janelleu1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oops. That was supposed to say total 391 cal
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lately it has been 30 or 40g overnight oats w/ unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a ton of variations: coconut and banana, nutella, pb2 & banana, pumpkin spice & blueberries, cocoa and protein powder, etc. Before that, I was on a waffle or chocolate rice cake and chocolate pb2 with banana slices kick.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    At the moment overnight oats, with grated apple, raisins and cinnamon - yum! really easy to make and ready to grab and go in the morning.
  • VelociFit
    VelociFit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    (I'm going to try so many of these! Lovin' this thread.)

At the moment, it's usually some Raisin Bran with half a cup of skim milk, or a banana and Greek yogurt.
  • Princess2k17
    Princess2k17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Egg whites & low sodium turkey bacon
  • JJBCPP
    JJBCPP Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites 2 whole eggs with spinach snd Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with PB
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • tachaney1
    tachaney1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been making homemade Egg McMuffins for myself & my 17 year old stepdaughter. I make about a dozen & freeze them. It's fun because we experiment with different techniques each week. I think I'll put spinach in the eggs this week. I can't figure out how to keep the insides from being a little drippy after microwaving, but it's a work in process & SO much healthier than McDonald's.
  • RaccoonDragon
    RaccoonDragon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    2 Hard Boiled Eggs, 4 Strawberries, Slice of Wheat Bread, and Coffee x2
  • RichJBenham
    RichJBenham Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    At the moment, shreddies with vanilla alpro soya milk
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 calorie budget, so I try and keep my breakfast calories fairly low most days. My three go-to items that I combine in different orders (I always have two of the three):

Two egg whites scrambled with a little bit of salt and and low moisture part skim shredded mozzerlla cheese
    Yoplait Greek 100 Protein (I love this yogurt - 100 calories with 14-15g of protein)
    Granny Smith apple

The highest combination is 180 calories (yogurt and apple), and the lowest is 114 (eggs and apple)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Some variation of the following every morning :
    Calories: 580, Carbs: 79, Fat: 11, Protein 55

Quaker Organic - Instant Oatmeal - Maple & Brown Sugar
    Kirkland Signature - 100% Columbian Supremo Bean Coffee
    Kirkland - Greek Yogurt (Black Cherry)
    Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream (mixed in yogurt)
    Quest Bar - Double Chocolate Chunk Bar
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I tend to go in breakfast waves. I'll do shakes for a couple weeks and get burned out so I'll switch to something else for a couple week and the pattern repeats.

Right now I'm loving my (1) hardboiled egg and (1/4) avocado on a piece of Killer Dave's 60 cal bread. I sprinkle a little Trader Joe's everything seasoning and I'm a happy camper!

Every day I start with an Oh Yeah ONE bar. Not sure why, it's just become habit.
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Love reading these! Mine is oatmeal with a good handful of raisins for sweetness and a cup of coffee. Or when I'm running late, just a banana lol

@verkamartin, oatmeal is a whole grain, so yes, it's pretty much all carbs. It's a complex, unrefined starch, so it's much friendlier to your body and your blood sugar than refined carbs. It also tends to keep you full for a long time, which is part of why I like it. But if it doesn't fit into your plan, by all means avoid it! There are lots of other low carb high protein options for breakfast :smile:
  • jennrox78
    jennrox78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1 cup coffee
    3 tbsp vanilla creamer
    2 hardboiled eggs

*sometimes I make the eggs into egg salad and eat on as a wrap w/ spring mix