40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• ghbtwo
    ghbtwo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    43 here! i've lost 21 lbs via MFP tracking, including cardio and now some weight training. so looking forward to hitting my target weight and focusing more on strength training to see what heights i can take my body to. good luck to all of us 40+ out there making our lifestyle changes!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Ran a 5k test this morning. Goal race pace for October is 29:32. Ran it in 29:42 this morning. Getting pretty close!!

Psh! You are so there! That old PR is history!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm headed out for Camp Gladiator this morning and then spending the entire day prepping for the hurricane. It looks like I'll be grabbing the boy child and the dogs and bugging out on Saturday. The girl child will be heading out with her fiancé and her menagerie of animals either Friday or Saturday. Hopefully I'll remember to log in on my phone each day so I don't lose my steak. Yeah. We all have our priorities!
  • myfavoritealpha
    myfavoritealpha Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    43 Here. Back in MFP again after a run in with diabetes. Blood sugars are in control and I'm maintaining weight after a 40 lb drop. Having a difficult time dropping weight eventhough I'm usually staying under my calories. Starting to lift heavy weights along with doing some cardio, but I'm plateauing from a weight perspective. I do feel like clothes are fitting differently. I suppose I'm supplanting fat with muscle. Anyway, good to be back and looking forward to interacting with you.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids. Had a really good day yesterday. Clean eating, lots of water, good strength training workout and was down 2.4lbs this morning. "BOOM!" as @Beeps2011 would say. :)
  • sdl96
    sdl96 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, 47 here and trying to lose about 20. Need help, accountability and motivation!
    Sorry, I have absolutely no idea how to add people!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Welcome to all the new Kids....
    Morgaen - So far I've resisted the urge to try Crossfit in the offseason, though it is tempting.
    Beeps - Ouch! (I'm allergic to bee stings)
    Sdereski - Glad to see you are back in top form. Congrats on the weight loss.
    BettyM - Good luck down there. Hope everyone stays safe and all goes well.....and you don't lose your streak! ;)

I"m getting anxious to shove off for Lake Placid on Friday. Its such a beautiful place and there is a buzz of energy in that village during an IM weekend. Race day weather will be cold during the swim and start of the bike segment, but not unbearable. (low 40, 58 high)

My coach made my race plan very simple. She said: " This whole race is about the last half of the bike course and how much you are willing to suffer during those climbs. Your run will take care of itself" http://www.ironman.com/~/media/5155b5522ac7466b856ea26585273cbc/ironman course map 70 3 lake placid bike 2017 web 3.pdf

So not much strategy to worry about there. :)

Stay Cool...

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new Kids....
    Morgaen - So far I've resisted the urge to try Crossfit in the offseason, though it is tempting.
    Beeps - Ouch! (I'm allergic to bee stings)
    Sdereski - Glad to see you are back in top form. Congrats on the weight loss.
    BettyM - Good luck down there. Hope everyone stays safe and all goes well.....and you don't lose your streak! ;)

I"m getting anxious to shove off for Lake Placid on Friday. Its such a beautiful place and there is a buzz of energy in that village during an IM weekend. Race day weather will be cold during the swim and start of the bike segment, but not unbearable. (low 40, 58 high)

My coach made my race plan very simple. She said: " This whole race is about the last half of the bike course and how much you are willing to suffer during those climbs. Your run will take care of itself" http://www.ironman.com/~/media/5155b5522ac7466b856ea26585273cbc/ironman course map 70 3 lake placid bike 2017 web 3.pdf

So not much strategy to worry about there. :)

Stay Cool...

@Djproulx OK granted I've only been doing it for 2 weeks not speaking from expertise but give it a go. It's completely different to lifting and a lot of fun :) Good luck with your race :)

@BettyM1017 was your pic taken at Spartan? You have fire hazards in your OCRs? Thats so awesome :) Our health and safety people would never allow it lol we dont even have water hazards anymore because of the drought.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    This looks like the place to be :smile:
    Just turned 43 and seriously looking to get my health into check.
    Diet is generally pretty good...but not enough to get me to where I want to be, time to turn it up a notch!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Upper Focus"=Done!
  • Morgaen73
    Options
    Crossfit weightlifting basics class tonight :) I've been looking forward to it the whole week.
  • myfavoritealpha
    myfavoritealpha Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @Morgaen73 How long does the Crossfit Class last? I was a member at 9Round back in SC and it was really good about 30-45 minutes If I remember correctly. I've thought about checking out a Box down here.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 this morning on an unfamiliar route. Was supposed to be "easy." Ended up being "hills." Oy.
  • queenbeefox
    queenbeefox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joined my friend in Lori Harder's 14-day fitness challenge and counting this morning's 60-minute kickboxing class as my daily. Planning to squeeze in daily boxing until the club is forced to close for Hurricane Irma. Then I'll switch to jump squats, pushups, etc. if I'm forced to be hunkered down!

Trying to stay focused and don't want this hurricane to cramp my style.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Golfed yesterday. My game was crap, but I enjoyed the walking the course. Get my 10,000 steps in easily that way. Eating is still on track as is my water intake. Down another pound this morning! :)

am sure it is water weight, but I'll take it!
  • Morgaen73
    Options
    @Morgaen73 How long does the Crossfit Class last? I was a member at 9Round back in SC and it was really good about 30-45 minutes If I remember correctly. I've thought about checking out a Box down here.

AT our box the classes are normally an hour. But there are shorter classes. I'm still in the basics group though :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Ran 3 this morning on an unfamiliar route. Was supposed to be "easy." Ended up being "hills." Oy.

Hills Happen... :)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Ran 10mi on Sunday in preparation for 1/2 marathon. Playing around with pacing on the runs and incorporating sprints to increase my times. Op tempo is increasing and messing with my workout schedule, so behind on lifting. Banked time today and looking forward to tearing up some muscles today.

Have a great one all!
  • tammystarren
    tammystarren Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am Tammy
    41 year old wife and a mom of 2 girls
    Live in Canada
    270.6lbs was my start weight and am currently 212. Can't wait to hit onederland !!

I want to lose roughly 60 more pounds so am at halfway mark! I started 1 year ago!

Currently working on the c25k challenge but will probably be at week 1 for awhile lol!

I just switched to mfp from ww! Been on ww for past year and i will still go to meetings
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hot pilates yesterday, TRX and Bootcamp today. My core is getting so much stronger from class. Welcome newbies. DJproulx, gam3rguy, beeps, sdereski, Tmac, and BettyM keep kicking butt and taking names. Betty don't lose your streak and keep us posted on how you make out. These storms are very scary. Have a great day everyone.