9/1 13.1 miles! 2h:09m:49s
    9/2 3.1mi 31m:56s
    9/3 rest
    9/4 4.38mi 41m:07s
    9/5 6mi 57m:38s
    9/6 4mi 39m:50s
    9/7 7mi 69m:59s
    9/8 4mi 38m:49s

Another 4 miles on the treadmill this morning. My son is much improved, but still home from school. Virus is going around already... fever and next day a sore throat. He is in good spirits and we are working on a pile of work he missed yesterday.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I always rooted for San Diego because I was born there. Was raised in North Texas, everybody LOVED the cowboys. So I had to make sure to root for anyone playing against them... But I'm seriously impressed with last year's team, even went and saw them play on Thanksgiving.

So I'm kinda teamless, and I cancelled cable because I'm tired of the insane price for *kitten* tv. May just sit this season out.. idk I really enjoy couch/football time.

Football is the only reason we still have cable (well, satellite). As soon as I can reliably get NFL games over the internet, I'll cancel it. My wife is as big a fan (although her team is the Seahawks) and I think "He cancelled the NFL Sunday Ticket" would be in the divorce papers. :smiley:
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    @Eaglesfanintn Eagles as in football or the eagles band, or maybe just eagles in general?

LOL - Eagles as in football. I'm from Philadelphia originally, living near Nashville, TN now. Although, I do like the band and the birds as well.

Just had to clarify before I pigeon-holed you :smiley: Eagles are a'ight.

I always rooted for San Diego because I was born there. Was raised in North Texas, everybody LOVED the cowboys. So I had to make sure to root for anyone playing against them... But I'm seriously impressed with last year's team, even went and saw them play on Thanksgiving.

So I'm kinda teamless, and I cancelled cable because I'm tired of the insane price for *kitten* tv. May just sit this season out.. idk I really enjoy couch/football time.

When my boyfriend and I moved in together we decided to skip cable to save money. Now I am lamenting the fact that I'm only going to be able to follow my Bears on the radio. Heavy sigh.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 The problem with trail runs is I trip there as well. At some point, a root will reach up and grab my foot. I'm starting to think it's me... :#

Oh my gosh that happens to me too!! When I'm least expecting and I end up belly flopping onto the trail. My first thought is always 'I hope I didn't break my phone!'
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Eaglesfanintn Eagles as in football or the eagles band, or maybe just eagles in general?

LOL - Eagles as in football. I'm from Philadelphia originally, living near Nashville, TN now. Although, I do like the band and the birds as well.

Just had to clarify before I pigeon-holed you :smiley: Eagles are a'ight.

When my boyfriend and I moved in together we decided to skip cable to save money. Now I am lamenting the fact that I'm only going to be able to follow my Bears on the radio. Heavy sigh.

Awful. I'll probably spring for some thing on Roku.. that stupid sling has football/ESPN. But it is owned by dish.. can not get away from the cable companies!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    9/1 - Rest Day.
    9/2 - 8.33 mile group run
    9/3 - 4 miles.
    9/4 - 5.94 mile group track/speed work...ouch
    9/5 - Rest Day. Still ouch.
    9/6 - 4.1 mile group hill repeats. Thought it would help soreness...it did not. As the leader says "You don't have to like it, just like what it does for you."
    9/7 - 4.63 miles.
    9/8 - 4.5 miles

31.5/80 miles
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Best thing I did was give up Cable and Satalite TV over a decade ago. Now I occasionally, like once a month or two, catch a show on Netflix and that is all. I think my IQ doubled when I cut the cord. :smiley:
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    9/1: Rest day
    9/2: 16 miles
    9/3: Rest day (11.5 hours of sleep!)
    9/4: 6 miles
    9/5: Rest day
    9/6: Rest day again
    9/7: 11 miles of Tempo Thursday
    9/7: 6.4 miles
    9/8: Rest day

39.4 of 250 220 goal miles

Rest day today, and a good thing too... after 17.4 miles yesterday following two days off, my calves/heels are super duper stiff. Going to have to do some diligent foam rolling before my long run tomorrow. Oof.

Upcoming Races:
    Sept 16: Baker's Revenge 10 mile trail race
    Oct 8: Steamtown Marathon
    Oct 22: Perfect 10 miler
    Nov 5: Princeton Half Marathon (pacer)

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Non-running check in:

PT yesterday. Told the PT it was getting to be an exercise of will power not to test my ability to run. She said to exercise the will power, and if anything I should over-rest the PTT. "You know you can come back from this. Don't mess it up."

So . . . I'm mostly out of the boot during the day. Wore it for about an hour and a half yesterday when the PTT got fatigued, and wore it to sleep last night. Took it off when I got up this morning, and it hasn't gone back on yet. Today's Big Achievement was I walked around my block (about 0.83 mile) and the ankle was okay with that. Then the showers cleared up for a bit, and I got 10.2 miles in on the bike. Found I could get up two small hills that I've run a gazillion times, though at the steepest parts I was slower on the bike than I ever was running up those hills.

Walk the hill, run the hill, bike the hill, drive the hill. Same location, four different hills.

Boston registration starts Monday. My window starts a week from today. Right now I'm leaning toward signing up and trusting that I'll be healthy enough to run a marathon by April. I'll see how I feel about it in another week.

And y'all made me realize, I haven't run in almost 3 weeks and it never occurred to me that I could turn on the TV. I canceled cable when the basic package went over $50, reasoning that I couldn't watch $50 worth of TV in a month. I canceled satellite when the budget was tight and I redirected that money to a gym membership. I later canceled the gym membership because I wasn't using it; but by then I was used to not having the TV on. It helps that I'm not a fan of any particular NFL team. Whichever NFL game the networks show me is good enough, if I remember to turn it on.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome!! I hope I can catch up with all the good discussion - eventually.
    Holy cow @Eaglesfanintn - I second the need for the dislike button :o
    @PastorVincent, I'm trying to get my husband to go this route - I didn't have cable until we got married last year and I don't use it now!

Last night I went for a nice long walk and then did 10 min of run/walk/run (60 s run, 30 s walk - like C25K but even less running, sigh) and while the distance hurt my pride the workout felt GREAT! :) One of my two runs for the week is done.

Safe + warm thoughts to all the Florida people. I'm from Tampa and my family is still there, so you guys are getting all of my prayers/happy vibes right now!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Non running check in - I am back home after spending 4 days in the ICU for my DVT. It took 3 procedures to finally get it all out. I still have to go back to have my IVC filter removed. No running for me yet. I am finally hobbling around the house which is a HUGE improvement - but I don't even think I could hobble a 5k yet.

And @girlinahat - the TMB (tour du Mont Blanc)- the big sister to the run you were discussing is where I was supposed to be as of yesterday. Now - I was only hiking it with my husband, not doing the ultra, but still - very disappointed in the timing of my blood clot. Though I guess I was much better off getting it here than once I was over there on a mountain top in the middle of nowhere.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    09/01/17 - 10 miles - mostly Z2
    09/02/17 - Rain
    09/03/17 - 9 miles - Z2/Z3
    09/04/17 - 9 miles - Z2
    09/06/17 - Rest
    09/07/17 - Strength + 5 miles - Z3/4
    09/08/17 - Strength + 5 miles - Z3/4
    09/09/17 - 7 miles Z2

Summer Goal: Get my marathon pace below 9 minutes.
    Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

10/14/2017 - Stop, Drop, and Run - Fireman style obstacle course - 5km
    10/14/2017 - HAWAIIANS LOVE S.P.A.M. (Skin Protection Against Melanoma)
    -- SPONSOR ME: https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017/PastorVincent

05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.

So just an easy lunch run today. On the way out I saw this:

And knew I would be running back in the rain. What I was not ready for was how cold the drops were. BRR. I was in my normal sleeveless compression top so no protection at all. Yay! But did not die and helps about a 9:30 pace at Z2 heart rate so that is good sign. :)
  • anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Running total for September -
    1 Sept 2.85km run 3.50k walk
    2 Sept NONE
    3 Sept 5k
    4 Sept no run but 3.50k walk
    5 Sept PT session and 3.50k walk
    6 Sept 3.5k walk
    7 Sept PT session plus 3.50k walk
    8 Sept 6k on treadmill plus 3.50k walk = Cumulative total =33.85k

• seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Non running check in - I am back home after spending 4 days in the ICU for my DVT. It took 3 procedures to finally get it all out. I still have to go back to have my IVC filter removed. No running for me yet. I am finally hobbling around the house which is a HUGE improvement - but I don't even think I could hobble a 5k yet.

And @girlinahat - the TMB (tour du Mont Blanc)- the big sister to the run you were discussing is where I was supposed to be as of yesterday. Now - I was only hiking it with my husband, not doing the ultra, but still - very disappointed in the timing of my blood clot. Though I guess I was much better off getting it here than once I was over there on a mountain top in the middle of nowhere.

That is awful! I am so glad they were able to get things under control and hope you are on the mend!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for September

9/1 REST DAY
    9/2 12 miles - 12
    9/3 REST DAY
    9/4 LABOR DAY LAZINESS
    9/5 8 miles - 20
    9/6 4 miles - 24
    9/7 10 miles - 34
    9/8 3.1 miles - 37.1

exercise.png

Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    None so far

• Stoshew71
    Options

@Eaglesfanintn
    Giants fan here (Originally from NJ) currently living near Huntsville, AL. Not too far from Nashville.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

@Eaglesfanintn
    Giants fan here (Originally from NJ) currently living near Huntsville, AL. Not too far from Nashville.

Do you have as many Cowboys fans around you as I do? Here, it's either Titans or Cowboys with some Steelers fans sprinkled in. I'll be rooting for your boys Sunday (as I do two times a year) :smiley:
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Yeah, I know a few Cowgirls fans. Most around here are SEC (Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Tenn, Florida State, etc) fans. But there's a few Titans, Houston, Saints, and Falcons fans here too.

Washington vs Philly is a toss up with me, even worse when everyone is still 0-0. I do got Jordan Reed (TE/Was) starting on my fantasy team, so as long as he does good, I am good. lol
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Last night my son's soccer team had a team dinner after practice. Rather than waste an hour of my life driving home, then driving back to the area to pick him up I decided to take the opportunity to run around two of the lakes in Minneapolis for 7.65 miles. Always a nice run with lots to look at...the lakes, sailboats, all sort of other runners, bikers, walkers, dogs, restaurants. The oddest thing I saw was a guy running in jeans and a button-up shirt. He had great form and didn't appear to be running from the cops or an assailant, so I take it he was a true runner. Weird....But that's Minneapolis.

After my run I realized I've run 4 out of 5 days. I haven't managed to do that since mid April. Good sign!
    This is also shaping up to be my biggest run week since late April when I ran my 50K.

ipjzauomvrjd.jpg

@Elise4270 the beta GC is a HUGE improvement! I love the new layout. You're talking about the mobile version, right?

@JessicaMcB keeeee-UTE girl!

@ROBOTFOOD holy crap, sounds like quite the adventure! Hella fun!

@Eaglesfanintn sorry about the spill. I hate sidewalks! I avoid them as much as possible. I'll often run on the grass next to them if I can. Now you may trip on trails as well, but at least you'll have better scenery when you do tumble.

I can only watch NFL games when I record them on the DVR. I absolutely cannot stand the announcer blabbing away non-stop. With a DVR I can watch a game in an hour, skip the crap between plays, at halftime, and commercials, and still get replays when I want them.