9/1 = 5.5 miles
    9/2 = Rest Day
    9/3 = 16.5 miles (run/walk intervals)
    9/4 = 8.5 miles and a Hatha yoga class
    9/5 = Camp Gladiator class
    9/6 = 6 miles and 45 minutes strength training
    9/7 = 10.5 miles
    9/8 = 7 miles

(September miles) 54/175 (September goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    10/28 = Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    9/8 - 2.5 mile walk, 1.5 mile run, 12 min strength training

It's hard to comment on my phone so I'll just leave it at that. Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Got to run in daylight because Governor closed all FL schools today. So after that I was driving all around today buying things. And I ran by my gym and worked out my arms. I was the only one there -- and they were cleaning up and mopping the floors. They said it was fine, but I felt a little awkward.

Not sure what the weekend will bring but hopefully it will not be as bad as they think. Especially worried about those in the bottom of the state. In Orlando, the storm will have a few hours of being over land so hopefully the winds will diminish. The cycling group canceled the ride in the morning ... no surprise there. Although the storm won't be here yet... it's just too risky to be on the roads when everyone is driving trying to find ice and water and batteries and it's just not safe. So I may get to run in the morning!

Got lots of water, beer and wine! We do need to eat up about 1/2 a container of ice cream tonight! My neighborhood always loses power in storms so it's best to be prepared and eat it tonight. We got a new refrigerator about a month ago so it's not very full which is good! Usually we lose all the condiments and frozen stuff in a hurricane -- but not this time -- we already lost it a month ago!

I made a big batch of brownies just now. Not sure why ... it's not quite a hurricane necessity. But when I was buying random things the massive box at Sam's looked good... so I bought it along with other things I didn't need.

9/1 - 5 miles
    9/2 - 45 miles biking
    9/3 - 40 miles biking
    9/4 - 50 miles biking
    9/5 - strength training
    9/6 - REST!
    9/7 - 5 miles
    9/8 - 5 miles + strength training (arms only)

exercise.png
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @ddmom0811 enjoy the ice cream the beer and the wine and brownies. And hunker down and stay safe. We NEED you.

@wishiwasarunner - glad they've done something about that DVT. Is your calf smaller now? Sorry you didn't make Mont Blanc. Here's an idea - after we do a short stint camping out on @HonuNui's lawn ( if I recall the original plan was for a Kona ironman), let's all decamp to Mont Blanc and go for that trail. We can do ANYTHING if we put our minds to it.

Also, everyone else, what's NFL? Do I get that on my cable subscription?
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    No run today. I felt great mentally all day today - mostly because I knew I didn't need to set aside time over the weekend for a long run as I already did it.

Went to an 'affordable art fair' tonight. I think it's similar to 'affordable' housing. As in no average joe can afford anything. I did notice the stallholders didn't make an effort to engage me, so I was obviously a waste of time.

Tried some gluten free beer for the first time. It was actually pretty good. I was expecting an aftertaste but there was none.

keeo safe people - whether in your houses or tripping over roots on a trail.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 Sorry, you have to suffer and eat ice cream! :lol: But seriously stay safe!

To all our Florida members... stay safe and watch out for flying alligators!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Yes the mobile version.

@ddmom0811 and other Floridians, I don't keep up with the news so I've just caught up with hurricane Irma. Prayers that everyone stays safe and the storm peters quickly. (I know mountain ranges peter- not sure what storms do @ROBOTFOOD ?)

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    02 Sept – 5 km parkrun easy
    04 Sept – 2.8 km very easy
    06 Sept – 4.7 km very easy
    09 Sept – 5 km parkrun easy

September 2017 Goals:

A month of Zen Mode, rest, relaxation, and easy running
    24 km on my 24 month Runniversary Sept 22

Events:

Aug 27 – Ran my first marathon – 42.2 km
    Oct 14 - Aim for the Cure Melanoma Virtual 5K Run. MFP Team Page:
    https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017/mfpmonthlyrunningchallenge
    Oct 15 – Melbourne Half Marathon – 21.1 km
    Nov 5 – The Bloody Long Walk 35 km
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 I track big weather related events obsessively. Right now the current track has it landfall near Key West. The Keys and Coastline to the north are going to get blasted. VERY SERIOUS storm surge. Right now hurricane strength winds are about a 70mile radius and tropical storm force are 185mi. If the eye tracks over Orlando, I'd guestimate it being maybe CAT2. 3 if it strengthens from current. But that's a stretch. It's not going to level houses that far into the state. Expect downed trees, power lines, flooding. To the East, they should see TS force winds. Under 75mph sustained. Another thing with tropical systems are the potential for tornadoes. Keep an eye out.

This is for the current NHC track and model suggestions. Can easily change. Best of luck!!!

You can view all the forecast models for free at Tropicaltitbits.com they are updated every 6 and 12hrs.

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 be safe <3
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    10k tomorrow, my first race ever. The awards will be handed out before I even cross the finish line, but I am so ready to do this thing (and also excited about the chips amd queso at my favorite taco joint after the race).

Good luck tomorrow!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    10k tomorrow, my first race ever. The awards will be handed out before I even cross the finish line, but I am so ready to do this thing (and also excited about the chips amd queso at my favorite taco joint after the race).

Enjoy!

I was home sick today, but ran anyway. It was miserable.

Today: 2 miles
    Sept total: 11.5 miles
    Sept goal: 40 miles

Irma people, praying for your safety.
  • anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Good Luck and enjoy :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options

Good luck this morning! Don't forget to post your race report after. :)
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 , @girlinahat , @HonuNui - Thanks for the recovery wishes. I am getting better, still hobbling but excited to be able to spend some of my time in a vertical position. And yes, we definitely should all head to Mont Blanc for some excitement after visiting the Canadian Rockies.

@ddmom0811 - Please be careful! We will be thinking of you - enjoy your brownies and stay dry and safe.

@fitoverfortymom - Good luck on your first ever race! Doesn't matter if they have given out the awards before you get there. First, you will likely go faster than you expect - race day has a way of speeding you up without you even realizing it. Last, that does not need to be your goal at this point - just getting out there and doing it is amazing. It will give you a PR and then you can start competing against that until one day you are up on that medal podium yourself. Enjoy the journey! And let us know how it goes.

@garygse - I got behind this month - being in the ICU will do that to you, lol. But I can't believe you have not run a marathon before. WOW! Yours will certainly not be the average first marathon experience! Good luck and yes, I definitely think you will be able to achieve your goal.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Sep   2     4.5        4.5 
    Sep   4     5.1        9.6
    Sep   7     3.8       13.4
    Sep   9     6.2       19.6