40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    Yoga today. And a deck day (it's 33C out...cannot help it, since we will soon head into six months of winter...). BOOM!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Rest day today :) Hope everyone has an awesome Friday and weekend :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Rip'T Circuit & Speed 2.0"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Ran 3 this morning on an unfamiliar route. Was supposed to be "easy." Ended up being "hills." Oy.

Hills Happen... :)

Surely someone's made a tshirt with that written on it. :D
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Good strength training workout yesterday. 4 set of 10 deadlifts @135lbs among other stuff. :)
  • sunilamunjal
    sunilamunjal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a total newbie here. Joined MFP today! So excited. Logged my first meal today. Crossed the big 4-O this year and am I glad to have gotten it out of the way! I just started keto three weeks ago. Low carb isn't easy where I am, hanging in there up until now. Loving all the cheese I get to have ;-) Lost 5 pounds in the first two weeks since starting, so that's keeping me going. Big shout out to all of you.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Ran 3 this morning on an unfamiliar route. Was supposed to be "easy." Ended up being "hills." Oy.

Hills Happen... :)

Surely someone's made a tshirt with that written on it. :D

Here's one I have seen.
    It's a hill. Get over it.
  • abarrera915
    abarrera915 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a total newbie here. Joined MFP today! So excited. Logged my first meal today. Crossed the big 4-O this year and am I glad to have gotten it out of the way! I just started keto three weeks ago. Low carb isn't easy where I am, hanging in there up until now. Loving all the cheese I get to have ;-) Lost 5 pounds in the first two weeks since starting, so that's keeping me going. Big shout out to all of you.

I just started keto this week... and am also new to the forum! Tracking my food has really made me more aware of the macro/micronutrients.... and of course calories. Just that alone has changed the way I eat. Hitting the correct keto ratios is still a challenge... but I have been getting better at keeping my grams of sugar toward the low end. Hopefully each week I will get better and better. Tomorrow is my first weigh day... and I am excited to see what happened this week. Alessa
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Core Cardio"=Done!
  • hartlandmom
    hartlandmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of a recommitment to health for me:
    Did a yoga back strengthening video and a HIIT workout!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and do a cardio-step class after work today. It is new on my gym schedule. It is shorter (which I LIKE - I really wish all gym classes were 45 minutes...).

ZOOM!
  • jyarring
    jyarring Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    doing Orange Theory workout after work today -- love the high calorie burn with their classes!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    HI all, very full, busy weekend for me. I golfed in the ladies closing tournament. My game was...meh. But, in the end, I think most ladies' games were the same as the scores were high overall.
    Sunday got a nice 50k bike ride in among a ton of other work at home. Got over 20,000 steps in and my fitbit does not register cycling. I was exhausted when I hit the pillow, but it was all good.
    Clean eating all weekend and a few pounds down for the week. I'll take it!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Drove home from a business trip Sunday. Eleven hours in the car and zero activity. Not fun. The good news is that I followed my training plan all week while we were away. I had switched to maintenance to take the pressure off, so that worked well. Still logged everything and tried to make reasonable decisions.

Had a morning appointment today, so bumped my run to the afternoon. 4 miles.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I heard this was where the cool kids are. I'm not cool, but I'm 42, so at least I meet the age requirement.

I've sort of been doing MFP since 2014. I fell off the wagon and gained most of the weight I lost at first back, but I'm back on the wagon and have strapped myself in so I don't fall off again. :smiley: I'm just a few pounds shy of where I fell off last time, and I'll probably celebrate once I get past that this time. I had cervical cancer last year and surgery to remove it, so I'm doing all I can to get myself completely healthy.

The last two days were rest days for me. I work full-time and and finishing up my last semester of college (yes, finally LOL), so I'm slowly working exercise into my schedule. I was running 3 days a week and am bumping up the 4 days this week.

So nice to "meet" all of you!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I checked in, 100 posts! Glad everyone is still staying active and trying to eat healthy.

@BettyM1017 glad you are ok, those storms look terrifying!

@sdereski glad to see you are still so active and great on the weight loss!

@Beeps2011 love seeing all the work outs!

@caramelgyrl , talk about inspiring! You are kicking butt.

Looks like my kettlebell class is no more, shut down for the summer and no word on a re start date so I'm increasing my weights during our resistance portion of cardio kb. Going to start dead lifts with what weights we have here for something extra.

I've been going to kb 4-5 times a week still and walking a ton. The weather had just been perfect walking weather this summer, not great for the pool, but great time to spend with each kid.

Went to hot yoga yesterday, hoping to do that on Sundays and maybe get the 8 classes for $88 to try some other ones.

Happy with my weight, considering the beer, sweets and chips during 2 weeks of vacation, I was only up 4lbs and I've lost it. It's taken the better part of a year but I seem to be maintaining at 137-138lbs, was almost 150 last October. Menopause has made this a whole lot harder.

I'm trying to give up my 1-2 Tim Horton mochas during the week, switched to mint chocolate black tea. Really cuts down on my daily sugar intake and save some money! Now that summer had fled, less beer is being consumed too!

Have a great week!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Upper Focus"=Done!