Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,743 Member
    Options
    Sharon~ I am so sorry you had to listen to all that,, I have listened to all that kind of stuff for 20 years..but after I found out he was having an affair ,I finally had enough, I dont think he ever thought I would divorce him..
    He found out differently and it will cost him..
    I will keep you in my prayers.. working 9-6 today and then up to take care of Faith.. will check in later...
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    So Larry was on a roll tonight. Told me he was seriously considering leaving. He listed a number of reasons. My weight has made me disgusting. I haven't tried hard enough to stop the balding. I am too lazy to be useful. That I played it up when I had the accident so I could stay in the hospital longer. (Sure everyone wants to live on a rehab floor). That I stayed in the hospital longer when I had cancer because I wanted to be waited on hand and foot because that's what I like. (Not sure if he realizes a doctor decides how long you stay). The list went on. I am not sure what this is all about if it is the time of year again or what. All I know is I am pretty sick of it all. I asked if he wanted to go back to the counsellor because we were doing so good for so long. Apparently he doesn't need to because I am the only one with a problem. I know this problem seems petty in light of all the hurricanes, floods and fires. I am praying for each and every one of you.
    -Sharon in Lethbridge with a heavy heart.

Sharon, dear heart, it's not petty - it's abuse. There's always something behind it--there was with Tom and there is with Larry. Verbal abuse, much like jealousy, is ALWAYS about the person making all the noise, not the person it's aimed at. However, verbal abuse is still abuse, and you do not deserve this. No one does. In Texas, we'd say, "Don't let the screen door hit you on the *kitten* on your way out."

As Heather said, if you're not ready, start socking money away, doing whatever you need to do in order to protect your future. He needs to move in with Allie's Tom and they can be Tom and Larry and chase each other all over the house with frying pans and yell at each other.

I know it's hard to do, and I'll tell you the same thing I told Allie: Until I looked at him and thought, "I'd rather die alone than live with you any longer," I wasn't ready. Once I did, it was all over but the packing. You'll hit your point of no return, but it's a very individual thing. Just stay safe, as verbal can turn to physical quite easily.

Lisa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sharon in Lethbridge: Your problem doesn't sound petty at all. I'm sorry you're going through this conflict with Larry. (((HUGS)))

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    -
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Sharon))) :'(

Lisa said: "He needs to move in with Allie's Tom and they can be Tom and Larry and chase each other all over the house with frying pans and yell at each other." Cracked me up! LOL :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    Barbie love the new color. Glad friend is getting better.

Michele the waitress comment makes me think others see her as you do. She sounds like she tunes others out and just does what she wants.

((Sharon)) no it sounds like he is the one with a problem. It is called not having manners and compassion. He is taking his frustrations out on the wrong person. I know I have said this before do not let him get to you. (easier said than done especially someone close.) I have watched school children and some of them know if they can upset someone they go for the jugular. Go do super fun things for yourself and leave him to stew in his own juice. Take care of you. You deserve it after everything else you have gone through.

His actions is like being hit with your own hurricane. Your problems with him is not insignificant in light of everything else. It okay to be angry with him. So want to use the P word.

:heart: Margaret
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,375 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    (((Sharon))) :'(

Lisa said: "He needs to move in with Allie's Tom and they can be Tom and Larry and chase each other all over the house with frying pans and yell at each other." Cracked me up! LOL :)

Sharon - (((HUGS)))

Lisa's visual of the "Tom and Larry show" was a good one!

<3 You deserve peace in your life. <3

We're here for you-keep us in your pocket!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    <3Sharon, sending hugs to you. I think it's time for you to make a plan for yourself--bank account, credit card, where to go, what to do. You don't need to live with someone who verbally abuses you and can't see his own part in anything. Listen to the wise women on this thread.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sharon I am sorry for that man you have at your house. We are here for you.
    Well, Irma isn't coming here. And the next one isn't going anywhere from what I hear.
    Please don't feel bad for me--but prayers are always wonderful. I am getting up to clear some junk from car including my son's car seat. He is old enough and big enough to ride without it now.
    Anyone know anything about BCT Investments LLC in San Jose CAL? I received an offer to pay cash for 1 of my lots out back and while it is a silly little offer (1/10 of what I thought likely) I am wondering if it is some sort of spam mail. Why buy 1 skinny lot of the three side-by-side lots? I paid 7k for 3 about 5 years ago and this lot is the one that I ride/mow through to get to them all. The house next to it is also for sale. IMHO, it might well be torn down. I will scan the internet to see if I find this company.
    Well, off to shake a leg and some other stuff!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday! Been reading posts and trying to keep up with what is going on with everyone.

Allie- How unlike Tom to not show up at court! NOT! I am so glad things continue to move along for you in this process. I think, by Tom not being there, it is just proving his disregard to you and the system; and will only work to your favor. Hope after that was finished you found your headache gone!

Becca- Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Best wishes to you both!

Sharon-My heart hurts for you. :( I have to agree with Lisa and Heather, it is time for you to do something for yourself. Judging by his remarks to you; YOU are not the problem. If he is not willing to go to counseling (bc he obviously sees nothing wrong with his behavior), you need to build a better/happier life for you. If you don't decide to leave now, definitely start putting money away and/or making a plan to leave. You deserve more. What ever you decide, know that we are here to support you! Sending much love, strength and good thoughts/prayers your way <3

Barbie-Love the colors you chose for your house! It looks wonderful! My favorite part is that cranberry colored gate! <3

Dana- Forgot to tell you how much I loved the pic of your grandkids! They are adorable!

Wendy- Thanks for sharing about Ernestine Shepherd! Wow! I DO aspire to be like her, although I know most people can't achieve or maintain that kind of strength and vitality that late into life; but I will continue to try. I will have to get her book as I was never an athlete as a kid and didn't start running until I was 47 and overweight. Injuries have sidelined me time and time again over the past few years, but I continue to walk/work my way back to running. It just feels so good when you do it. Nothing beats those endorphin rushes!

Kim - Hello friend! So good to hear from you! I love thunderstorms! One of my favorite ways to get to sleep or wake up in the morning is listening to the thunder roll. If the storm is on us and the lightening strikes are close, I do get that funky metallic taste in my mouth though. Weird, but I like it!

Gotta run! ttfn xoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This looks an interesting group. I'm not new to MFP but have just rejoined. I lost my mum a year ago and it has affected me in many ways. In respect of MFP I struggled to get to the supermarket. If I managed it I wouldn't be able to cook the food I bought. This led me to not eating enough and snacking on unhealthy foods. I am just beginning to get a handle on my life. I'm aiming to plan, shop, cook and eat 3 meals a day. I want to drink 2 litres of water a day. I also want to increase my veggie intake. Oh by the way I am from Suffolk (an Eastender originally). Thank you.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    2017 Monthly September
    Walking Distance (km): 22.1
    Walking Time (min): 276.3
    Cycling Distance (km): 253.8
    Cycling Time (min): 754.6
    Stairs Climbed Number: 59.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 47.2
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 0.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 275.9
    Total Distance (miles): 171.4
    Total Time (min): 1078.0
    Total Time (hr): 17:58:02

I wanted to walk more today and lift weights, but the weirdest thing happened on my way to work. I was on the bus, and it was just about to leave my suburb to hit the highway into town.

First it felt like my whole torso went into a tingly burning pain.

Then moments later that settled a little and it felt sort of like my back cramped up really painfully (cramping is the closest description I can think of) ... especially in quite a large area around the right shoulder blade and shoulder and down the back of my right arm, the middle of my back, and across my back wrapping around to the left side of my neck and jaw. It also felt like the pain wrapped around under my right arm, to the front into my gallbladder area, on the right.

For a little while I struggled to breathe ... I'm not sure if that was because of the pain. It hurt a lot! Or because my jaw on the left side felt like it had seized up. When the nausea set in, I thought I'd better try to take some deep breaths and that did seem to help a bit.

I've had something like this happen once before about 3 years ago, and seemed to be OK after it.

But I am left wondering ... what in the world?!?!?

And I've felt sore and tired for the rest of the day, like I've done a huge workout.

My mother (a nurse), husband and I have speculated, and think it was perhaps low electrolytes and dehydration. Mondays are rough days for me when it comes to eating and drinking. I had hardly drunk anything during the day, and then went to an intense spinning class that had us sweating pools. I have kidney stone issues, and I've got to drink regularly or my kidneys ache at the best of time. Probably a combination of all that.

Next Monday, I must make a point to drink more!!!

Here's to a better Wednesday!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    Ll
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Barbie ~ Your house looks really cute and the colors are great together with the roof.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Machka : be well! Put the symptoms and your self-diagnosis and anything else that may be pertinent into a log somewhere so that if indeed in 3 more years it happens again you might be able to pinpoint it. It does sound like dehydration or eloctrolyte imbalance could be the culprit from what you say, but logging all possibilities NOW could aid a diagnosis is it is something other than that.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Machka : be well! Put the symptoms and your self-diagnosis and anything else that may be pertinent into a log somewhere so that if indeed in 3 more years it happens again you might be able to pinpoint it. It does sound like dehydration or eloctrolyte imbalance could be the culprit from what you say, but logging all possibilities NOW could aid a diagnosis is it is something other than that.

I'm actually planning to go to the Dr soon. I have to go anyway to arrange my "every 6 months cancer check ultrasound" in preparation for my "every 6 months visit with my gynaecologic oncologist" ... I figure I'll mention this while I'm visiting my Dr. Maybe see about some bloodwork. Probably time for a complete physical.