Sandydur
Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
836366rg2kwelcr3.gif

Replies

• Sandydur
    Options
    506811cg66o5s4bi.gif

Happy Birthday Sandi!! I don't even know if you still check in but in case you do read our posts have a happy birthday!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks you Sandy for getting us started. Anything yet on your sister?

I m getting ready to go to Walmart. I am making Monday my trip to walmart with out Jerry. Yay!!!!!! He will take me tho and come back and watch his old reruns till noon and come pick me up at noon. before it really get hot./ I may do my weekly grocer shopping too that we do on Wednesday and I want have to get out in this heat anymore this week.It has been a hot one this year.

Hello to all the rest of you. Love Marie

Sansy love your Augist graphic.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Happy August everyone!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.

Hot here, too, Marie. Like yours, our veg garden is mostly toast. I have a few tomato plants hanging on. The little cherry tomatoes are dehydrating on the vine. Squash bugs ate all the zucchini plants and are now working on the cucumbers. I've started some new zucchini plants under mosquito netting. They're in big pots, sitting on concrete. I have my fingers crossed.

Hello to all the Sneakers. I do poke my nose in from time to time and try to follow what all of you are doing. I'm still yo-yo-ing up and down but will keep at it.

I can't wait for August to be over. Another 30 days in the high-90s and low 100s and no rain in sight. Same old, same old. When it is mild this coming winter I'll have to remind myself that this is the price I pay.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Happy August to all. How did August get here so soon.

Thanks Sandy for starting us out.

Marie, I agree. At times you just need to be able wander up and down the aisles in peace. My dh drives me crazy at times. He thinks it's a good deal to save a dollar two by driving half way across the city to buy something a little cheaper at a competitor. Me, if it is a reasonable price I want it now, not 2 days from now. LOL. Perhaps it is because he is #1 ... A man and #2.... An engineer. LOL.

Here's another photo from my front yard.

5995091036_2fc17d7a6f.jpg
    Poppies by FancyLady, on Flickr
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    to SANDI
    [img][/img]1008746a1j2faq5tb.gif

Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    dear SANDY! Thank you for AUGUST! :love:
    And thank goodness I don't have the experience in your joke as our medical team is wonderful! Same day appointments when necessary, too!
    Buzz
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Happy August all.

I'm still here, painting, cleaning, working at the office:noway: and going to the beach when I can:blushing: . Don't have too much time to spare to post,:ohwell: but I track and exercise everyday. Hope you all have a great month!:flowerforyou:
    I haven't been able to read the posts either, but it appears that Barbie sold her house and is moving?? If so, good luck Barbie and Jake! It's quite a task...isn't it!
    Thanks Sandie for starting the August thread:wink:

BirdieM:heart:
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Is it MY computer or is the MFP website having slow-down problems? Nothing seems to work for me, especially the FOOD diary!

Nice to see BIRDIE is having a great summer, and JERI, tell us about men who are always RIGHT!!! IRENE, glad to see you posting, and CONNIE, I can feel your heat! Somehow, I too, hope August flies by before the Hurricanes start up!

I think the website is getting ready for a busy day, so I'm closing down and letting my poor laptop rest up for the day! And WOW, the rains just hit as I'm posting this. I hope it lasts more than a minute! Heavy, heavy downpour! :drinker: Oh my, and through the rain, the sun came out!!! There must be a rainbow somewhere out there!:laugh:

Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Is it MY computer or is the MFP website having slow-down problems? Nothing seems to work for me, especially the FOOD diary!

Nice to see BIRDIE is having a great summer, and JERI, tell us about men who are always RIGHT!!! IRENE, glad to see you posting, and CONNIE, I can feel your heat! Somehow, I too, hope August flies by before the Hurricanes start up!

I think the website is getting ready for a busy day, so I'm closing down and letting my poor laptop rest up for the day! And WOW, the rains just hit as I'm posting this. I hope it lasts more than a minute! Heavy, heavy downpour! :drinker: Oh my, and through the rain, the sun came out!!! There must be a rainbow somewhere out there!:laugh:

Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options

Buzz
    PS It stopped as I was waiting to post this!!!:noway:
  • delraybuzz
    Options

Buzz
    PS It stopped as I was waiting to post this!!!:noway:
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy August everyone!!!

It's been a crazy couple weeks... my mom had a scare (she's 80- a young 80!) and we had family over for dinner at my parents house and my mom almost passed out and was incoherent! My daughter kicked in and called 911 while I tried to calm my mom and talk to her... my older sister - ran from the room! Gone like the wind!... lol... when the paramedics got to my parents house my mom's blood pressure was 46/15... and heart rate was like 43!!!! I thought she was having a stroke... but thank God, it was just a combination of her over doing it, her meds, and shhhhh... the couple of drinks she had! But we've been taking turns kinda keep an eye on her and my dad.

My kids are getting ready to go back to college - yeah! and boo! They are driving me nuts, but I'm sure I will miss them when they are gone! My house is small and it's really really really small with everyone home now, including my son's dog!

Jen, your picture is sooooo pretty! Great, clear shot!!

Sandy - thanks for starting August and I'm so glad I saw it!!!

Buzz - Rain?!?! Where are you? We have had such a mild summer here in the SF Bay Area - it'll only be in the low 70's here today.

Take care everyone, and hope to be more active now!!!
    L.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,982 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Good Morning, and Happy August to all my Golden Sneaker friends........it is 63 degrees here right now and sunny. I walked the dogs for over an hour this morning enjoying the sunrise and chilly weather that required a jacket and gloves at the beginning. I will remember this in the winter when we have snow and ice and you southerners have warm weather :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:explode: one of our cars has a problem (fixable for a hundred dollars and half of day of inconvenience). Jake took the car to the dealer today for an 8 AM appointment for diagnosis and just came home with the news.

:bigsmile: I think I did the last weeding I'm going to do before we move :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: I agree with all of you about liking to go to WalMart by myself and just walk up and down the aisles at my own pace. Sometimes in rainy weather when Jake has a friend at the house for a visit, I leave and go to WalMart
    not always to buy anything but just to walk up and down. They are remodeling our WalMart into a SuperStore so right now it's a mess and they keep moving things around so nobody knows where anything is.:laugh:

:grumble: Bernie, the cat, stayed out all night last night and scared us. He came in when I got up this morning, ate his breakfast and went straight to bed and is still there sleeping.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Sandy, thanks for starting the new thread.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Buzz, it's all or nothing, you either lose the post in mid air somewhere or we get to read it 4 times!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Facebook said that they were having some problems but just reported that all is up and running again. Yay. Beautiful weather here in Central Alberta and a great day for a family BBQ. It is a holiday in most of Canada..most I say, not all!

Off to get some groceries!

have a great day everyone!!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi all, August wont be any cooler for most of us, but at least its a month closer to cooler days. Ever notice how energy really gets zapped in this heat? Except for kids, that is!
    Yes, MFP posted on FB that there were some issues, now resolved.
    Hi becky, you arent the only one slipping and sliding- Im having a bad week, but I refuse to give up! Ill just start each day over, and try to analyze my mistakes. I already have planned a fix for some of my bad choices.
    Barbie, oh how good 63 degrees would be. It would give me lots more energy!
    sandy, how is your sister? Wont you tell us a little about her? Thx for finding the time to strt August.
    Becky, thats probably a good idea to take out the shoes, but you might want to pick up a pkg of some kind of padding for your feet, like bandaids or callous pads that stick to your skin. I rubbed blisters on the balls of my feet when I wore shoes w/ no socks while walking. Ouch!
    Jeri, cmon, tell the truth, you are a professional photographer, such excellent photos, you have experience in choosing a good shot. Marie, Id love to go wandering thru the store with you. Dh and I went to BJs wholesale club the other day..grrr he kept coming up to me and saying, what else do you have to buy? I tried to get him to go thru checkout with his purchases, we were in separate vehicles coz we needed the space for our purchases, but he kept saying he would wait for me. Arghhh!! So I didnt get to browse the books, clothese, etc. On the other hand, I didnt buy too much extra either!
    time to scoot!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Hi, "L", I don't recall meeting, but nice to see you here. Hope your Mom is doing better now! She's just a kid, so don't blame it on her age yet!!!:noway: Lucky to have you nearby! Enjoy the space while your kids are at school :cry: (I live in South Florida)

BARBIE, I really don't like shopping much more than Mike does, but I agree it's easier to shop alone so I can "look"! Hope Bernie doesn't stray once you've moved!:noway:

JACKIE, the website is finally behaving now! I always think my laptop is going! Actually, I haven't much to say anyway!:blushing:

Bada_bing, your area is so beautiful. Except for Quebec, doesn't the rest of Canada celebrate national holidays?

PHOEBE, I wear sandals exclusively (actually Birkenstocks, as you may have figured!:wink: ). I never get blisters, but a bone on the outside of my left foot is starting to protrude, for some reason (like maybe my arch is beginning to fall?). I doubt I could wear real shoes anymore, though sneakers work for exercising. ...Are you no longer "on the road"? Nice to see you here again!

MADDIE!!! :flowerforyou: so good to see your sunglassed smile, love! Say hello and bring us up-to-date! Missed you!

BECKY, Phoebe's right, don't pack heavy shoes for down here or you'll look lik a tourist:bigsmile: Pick up a pretty pair when you arrive! The fashions here are cheap and beautiful!

MARIE, enjoy the shopping, but otherwise stay indoors until the heatwave breaks! Ugh...and keep on quilting :drinker:

Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :bigsmile: Beautiful day but I have been trying to catch up with paperwork. :tongue:

Most of you know that my sister went in the hospital Saturday night because she was very dizzy, had a headache and was weak. When her daughter brought her to the ER they thought she had the symptoms of meningitis but later ruled it out. They keep ruling out other things but her red and white blood count was dangerously low. She does have low iron and has been under a doctors care but the ER said that her iron was twice as high as it should have been and she had iron poisoning. While I was visiting yesterday her fever spiked to 103, so she must have some sort of infection that they can't find. Today she had a bone marrow biopsy and a cat scan on her internal organs. Her temp is down to 99 so they may release her and have her go to her doctor for the results on Thursday. Because her white count is so low she will have to wear a mask at home to avoid any infections since her immune system is at risk. I called my brother last night to tell him about our sister and his wife informed me she just got out of the hospital for the same thing except no fever. They didn't even call us to tell us she was in the hospital so we were upset. Both my sister and my sister in law are 72, my sister had open heart by pass surgery years ago, but my sil smokes and drinks like a fish. The only connection is that they both have low iron which I get after surgery. Both of them had a blood transfusion, my sister 2 pints and my sil 4 pints. My sil said that if this treatment didn't work her doctor said that she may have to go once a month for a transfusion, my sister is still waiting for results but has no patience to stay in the hospital. I told her she is a cranky old lady, but was just teasing her. I hope that they at least find what is causing the fever to spike, but no one has answers and they said they may never know. Great!!

Hope everyone is having a great August so far!!!