Over 200 Club

Options

Replies

• Matterafun
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Just checking in. Today I weighed in at 201.8. That's 1.6 lbs down from when I started this group on Feb. 2. Yea! I've been doing good on my water, too. Feb. 2: 64oz; Feb. 3: 64oz; Feb. 4: 64oz; Feb. 5: 72oz.

I've gone for such a long time without losing anything. It's amazing how much accountability and being part of a support group can help. Thanks to everybody for your posts, motivation and support!

So, why do I want to lose weight? I want to be healthy for me and so I can be there for my family. I also want to encourage healthy habits in my kids (ages 6 & 8). My mom was overweight, much like where I'm at now, she didn't exercise, wasn't very active and ended up dying an early death due to ovarian cancer. Good nutrition and exercise are the key to a healthier life and that's what I'm striving for! :smile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Okay today weight is 261.4, I was hoping to get rid of the 60's, but next week they better watch out because I'm going to blow them outta the water, speaking of water I had 96 oz of water yesterday, good luck everyone! Keep burning those calories and drinkin that h2o!
  • angelina_boo
    Options
    I have been able to get 8 - 10 cups of water all week.. Down 1.3lbs.... Congradulations and good luck everybody
  • Sonyalew
    Sonyalew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    97630.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

So far so good! I'm cautiously optimistic.....

Water intake: at least 64oz daily if not more
    Beginning weight: 216
    Current weight: 213 :happy:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yeah I am down this week to 224.6! only 1 pound but I am happy with it. I took my measurements today and wow, in 3 weeks I have lost close to 2 inches from my arms, an inch and a half from my hips, and nearly 2 inches from my thighs, 1 1/2 inches from my ribs and and inch and a bit from my bust. WOO HOO! I am just that much closer to my 4 week goal of getting under 220. 3 weeks to go 4.7 pounds to go.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    ok i weigh.......225 thats no pounds lost :angry:
    oh well there is always next week

Don't get discouraged! Just work that much harder next week and take advantage of the new challenge (you will know later this afternoon)... I bet you lose more next week! Keep it up lady we are here with ya!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Yeah I am down this week to 224.6! only 1 pound but I am happy with it. I took my measurements today and wow, in 3 weeks I have lost close to 2 inches from my arms, an inch and a half from my hips, and nearly 2 inches from my thighs, 1 1/2 inches from my ribs and and inch and a bit from my bust. WOO HOO! I am just that much closer to my 4 week goal of getting under 220. 3 weeks to go 4.7 pounds to go.

I took my measurements too yesterday so I can gauge progress that way as well.. Sometimes the scale wont move but you will lose almost a whole inch and to me that is SO motivational! Good job Winter and way to go setting realistic expectations for yourself!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have done really good with my water this week. Thank God for Crystal Light or I would be lost!!
    Monday: 72oz Tuesday: 88oz Wednesday: 64oz Thursday: 72 oz

Beginning of Challenge: 206.25
    CW: 206
    Weight lost in this Challenge: .25
    4week goal(2/27): 202

Why I want to lose weight: For my career, for my kids, to look hot for the hubby, but mainly just to feel good about myself again.
  • Matterafun
    Options

That's great about your measurements! Wow! What type of exercise are you doing to lose the inches around your hips? I've lost inches primarily around my waist and belly, but my hips won't budge!

Keep up the great work!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Mini Challenge(not next weeks challenge): How much are you sedentary? For the next three days I will be keeping track of what I do each hour of the day. It is a lot of work but I want to see what I do during the day and how often I am up moving around doing stuff to burn calories and how often I am eating/sleeping etc. Anyone else want to join? it might help you see that even though you feel like you have no time in the day to exercise, you actually do if you cut out an hour of TV or rather than going on the computer went on a walk.

So far I have:
    12 am-7:00 am Sleeping
    7:00 am-7:30 am Feeding the baby
    7:30 am-9:00 am Computer
  • MissLissa
    Options
    Okay....weigh in. I was 257 this morning! 1 whole pound!! dancing4.gif
    It's not much, but I'm so thrilled!!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Okay....weigh in. I was 257 this morning! 1 whole pound!! dancing4.gif
    It's not much, but I'm so thrilled!!

Misslissa: GOOD JOB! Any weight loss is good progress! Great job! keep up the good work!:laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG.........Since last Friday I have lost...............drum roll please.........................7.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance...............................................:tongue::drinker: :tongue: :drinker:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These 15 days have not been fer nothin'!
  • abagwill
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG.........Since last Friday I have lost...............drum roll please.........................7.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance...............................................:tongue::drinker: :tongue: :drinker:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These 15 days have not been fer nothin'!

OMG! That is really amazing.. Be careful though that is a lot of weight in one week! Great Job Though! Woo Hoo I will do a happy dance with ya~:bigsmile:
  • agapita1965
    Options
    I'de like to join over 200 club.

Start weight 235
    current weight 224

1st goal: 199

2nd goal: 175

3rd goal: 150
  • lkolbe
    Options
    Does anyone have any helpful hints for a non-water lover? I was a regular soda drinker (that was ALL I drank) and I just switched to diet soda after the first of the year....which was huge for me. However, I still do not love water and drinking it is a chore. I would love any suggestions. Thanks.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Count me in!!!

CW:247
    GW 237 (4weeks)
    Ultimate Goal 160
  • rosered51
    Options
    Does anyone have any helpful hints for a non-water lover? I was a regular soda drinker (that was ALL I drank) and I just switched to diet soda after the first of the year....which was huge for me. However, I still do not love water and drinking it is a chore. I would love any suggestions. Thanks.

I am using the crystal light packets in a 24 oz bottle of water. That works for me and I am constantly keeping one filled and with me. I hardly ever drink soda anymore. I also got the flip top lid water bottle. For some reason that makes it much easier for me to consume than drinking from a cup. I am down to 1 soda a day or thereabouts. The only other suggestion I have is to make it a priority! You are the one who benefits. Water helps to wash the sodium out (which I am always or so it seems consuming WAY too much of:grumble: ) Good luck.

TO ALL THE OVER 200 CLUB MEMBERS!!!

WOW Way to go....I am soooo impressed and excited for each and everyone of us. For those who have lost, YEAH!!!! Happy dancing with Amann:laugh: . For those who didn't lose this week, don't lose faith. Keep doing the things you are doing right. Take the time to double check your journals for food and exercise last week and see if there is anywhere that you can improve. But overall remember...we didn't gain the weight over night and we certainly aren't going to lose it overnight. I just really wish that my fat and my body weren't such good friends!:laugh:

Keep it here and we will help to keep you positive and on track!!! I :heart: all you MFP'ers!!!! Thanks for the boost you give me each and every day!:drinker:
  • whynotme
    Options
    Starting weight on Monday 226
    Today's weigh in 224
    Goal - 64 oz per day this week; met

Thanks so much for a group to grow smaller with!:flowerforyou:
  • abagwill
    Options

Ikolbe: Add Lemon or Orange slices to spice it up. Also, some of us are adding crystal light. It helps with the flavor. Water is SO important to your general well-being. It rids you of extra salt (sodium) helps with your complexion and helps your blood flow better. All in all, it is wonderful and ZERO calories!:smile: