Ripped in 30 w/ Jillian M. Who's in?!?!

Options

Replies

• kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    yeah week 2 is difficult, but I think for the most part I'm doing it completely wrong (especially in circuit 2) so I feel like I'm not getting a good workout. Those push ups where you are supposed to bring your leg to your elbow confuses me so bad. I hate it. butt I'm going to do week 2 for two more days, then go to week 3.
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late for this because it seems great! I just bought the Ripped in 30 dvd a couple of hours ago and intend on starting it August 1st. I was originally looking for the 30DS but I couldn't find it and I was in a hurry to start a new work out so I picked this cause it seemed similar. Is the 30DS somewhat of a prerequisite for Rin30, or can I just start this one with you guys too? Also, do you guys do other workouts during these 30 days or do you just focus on this one? Feel free to add me for more motivation :)

It's not too late! and the 30DS definitely has helped me with this DVD, but that's just because some moves are similar. I liked doing the 30DS first but its definately not required!

And I do a little bit of running and weight lifting as well, depending on the day...but when I was first doing the 30DS that was my only workout for a while.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    yeah week 2 is difficult, but I think for the most part I'm doing it completely wrong (especially in circuit 2) so I feel like I'm not getting a good workout. Those push ups where you are supposed to bring your leg to your elbow confuses me so bad. I hate it. butt I'm going to do week 2 for two more days, then go to week 3.

Oh yeah! They're like called crow pushups?? I don't know how to do those at all! I just kinda mimic what they're doing as best as I can!
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ughh, those crow pushups are so hard. I've been doing a hybrid workout including RI30, and have done levels 1,2, and 3 so far. Level 4 is tomorrow. ( I get bored too easily if I do the same one every time). Level 3 has these horrible duck walks that make me want to die.

It's weird tho, I don't feel all that sore even though I do all the moves advanced with 5 lb weighs. (I tried 8 lbs once and it was too much too soon). But I didn't feel much with 30DS and still lost a ton of inches!

Great job everyone.
  • elysetoplin
    Options
    i'm starting tomorrow! after reading this i'm nervous, but definitely excited.
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    . I keep procrastinating, and now I'm thinking of hitting the pool with the kiddos to extend the procrastination! But now that I've told you all that, I have some accountability to come back and let you know that I bit the bullet and jumped in to week 2.

OK, I guess I chickened out...I went for a quick run instead...new week tomorrow and I am ready for week 2! However, I ran faster than normal, so maybe the strength from all those squats is helping! :) Incentive to keep it up!
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    I did WK1 Day 1 yesterday =) hope I'm not to late to join?
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I bought this dvd in July with the intention of starting August 1st. So I'm in!!!! I don't plan on eating much different and I plan to take 1 to 2 rest days a week. I did the 30DS in June everyday -1 and it took two weeks of rest/mild workouts for my knees to stop screaming after it was over. So I'm not going to be a wimp but I don't want to damage my knees more that they already are. If the results are anywhere near 30DS I can't wait!!!!!!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Reading through the thread and you are all doing so well! Sorry I haven't been able to check in :/ my internet on my computer is not working so I'm trying to do this on my phone! Bit I've been staying on trav with working out! Haven't missed a day. And last night I did W1D6! Today is my last day for week one! Hopefully o can get the net working on ky computer. It's.much easier that way! But you all have a fantastic day and I'm gonna try to check back in this afternoon!
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    W1D5 today. getting excited but nervous to move onto week 2 soon. I am definetly taking a rest day before that because I think I am overworking my quads with the lunges. I felt a little pain today when I did one and that has never happened in all the time I have been working out. I have been trying to increase my dumbell weight from 5 to 8 so idk if that did something. I can really see that my endurance is going up too because my heart rate hasnt been as high as it was when I started, which in turn means less calories burned. :( have a great day everyone! :happy:
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    ts014- You are doing great! You may be burning less cals. than in the beginning, but that's why Jillian's workouts are so awesome! Right when your body starts getting used to the workout, she switches it up on us!!! Be careful in transitioning your weights. We don't want you to get hurt!!!!

As for me, W1D7 Finished!!! That means Week one is COMPLETE!!! WHOO!! Im really excited to begin Week 2 tomorrow! I am not taking any planned rest days. I just want to get through this. Todays workout felt great. My little boy decided to join in a little bit towards the end!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    day 1 level one...god i am FAT!

how do I log this?
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    W2D1 finally under my belt! So much cardio from the plank position! YUCK!
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread today. I am starting week 4 of Ripped in 30 tonight. I really like this DVD...its the first time I have ever really done a DVD at home (I am a gym rat) but I wanted to try something different b/c I am on my last 5-10 lbs and I have been stuck at the same weight for about 6 weeks! I have only lost 1lb so far but I have not taken my measurements again. I am waiting until I am completely done to do that. Week 3 is hard so I am a little nervous to do week 4 but I am ready for the challenge! Good luck to everyone doing the DVD and I hope you get the results you want!!! :happy:
  • funnycat13
    funnycat13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first post! I've been lurking here for about 2 weeks....

I'll join. - I plan to start Day 1/Week 1 today.

I dread it because when I first got the dvd (over a week ago) I popped it in and did my first workout and was SO SORE for the next 2 days! I've been avoiding it since. LOL - I've been the very definition of "couch potato" for the last 2 years and am paying for it now. (I moved to a very rural area where I have no friends & work from home. My activity level has plummeted.) I used to be in shape, I used to have strength & stamina...... how quickly we loose it!

I'm not sure what I weight. I'm guessing 115 - 120 & I'm 5'3". (Don't have a scale but I have a tape measure. I should take measurements.) The couch potato life has added a few vanity pounds that don't concern me too much... I mostly just want to be firm & defined again, to feel stronger & be more active.
  • Srivera40
    Options
    Hi! I just did Ripped in 30 week 3 today. It is brutal! I have been doing RI30 6 days a week with Sundays off. So far, I have dropped 2 pounds and 9 inches in total. I'm hoping to drop more inches by the end of the 30 days. Not sure what to do after, maybe a second round of RI30 advanced version. Any suggestions on other Jillian Michaels DVDs? She is mean but in a good way and pushes you when you need it. :laugh:
  • ts014
    Options
    day 1 level one...god i am FAT!

how do I log this?

Alot of people log it under circuit training. I have a heart rate monitor so I instantly know mine but the circuit training one on here seems to be pretty close. good luck with Ripped!:smile:
  • ts014
    Options
    Hi! I just did Ripped in 30 week 3 today. It is brutal! I have been doing RI30 6 days a week with Sundays off. So far, I have dropped 2 pounds and 9 inches in total. I'm hoping to drop more inches by the end of the 30 days. Not sure what to do after, maybe a second round of RI30 advanced version. Any suggestions on other Jillian Michaels DVDs? She is mean but in a good way and pushes you when you need it. :laugh:
    [/quote

The 30 day shred is good but it will be easier for you after doing ripped. I also like the biggest loser last chance workout which she is the trainer for. good luck! :)
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I took a rest day today!

W2D2(9) tomorrow!
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    what's RI30? I want to join the 30 Day Shred if this is it! Bought it, did one night and started a new job (long hours). That was last week and things are well enough to get back to every day. O' I see the RI30....is that the same as 30 day shred? :flowerforyou: