• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Core Cardio"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Gam3rguy, are you training for a race?

yup, still at it. did just over 12 on sunday...gotta add 1 more by November 11th (Rocky Run). 6 today. Saturday is "The Insane Inflatable 5k", October 7th is the "Spartan Stadium Sprint", November 4th is another "Spartan Super" and finish out with the "Rocky Run: Italian Stallion Challenge" on November 11th!

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ran last night after work and it was a hard and miserable 5 miles. It was 20 degrees F hotter than I'm used to since I switched my runs to before work, and plus the sun was evil, LOL. I tried to slow my pace to compensate, but kept speeding up. I'm supposed to be in class today, but I'm playing hooky to spend time with hubby since it's his day off.

I've always been interested in crossfit, but the cost seems like a lot and I can't justify it yet until I find my grownup job.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Good morning cool kids.

Went for a beautiful 4 mile walk last evening as the weather has been GORgeous! This morning, got up and instead of coming in to work, I headed to Wednesday morning yoga class, then came in to work. It's my birthday and I am making the most of it. :)

Happy Birthday!!!!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Acute bronchitis has me down for the count for a few days. I'm not very happy about this. I don't actually get sick, let alone this sick! The last time I had to take antibiotics was over ten years ago when I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. And I've never had to take a steroid. It's going to be a long week!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Dynamic Core"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, Hot Pilates last night, TRX and Boot Camp today. A new class has been posted for Friday's with a HIIT inspired theme. I hope it is good. Have a great day everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Good morning cool kids.

Went for a beautiful 4 mile walk last evening as the weather has been GORgeous! This morning, got up and instead of coming in to work, I headed to Wednesday morning yoga class, then came in to work. It's my birthday and I am making the most of it. :)

HAPPY B-DAY!!!

• DT05796
    DT05796 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in... :-) Happy to be "47" and working on being a better, more physically fit me....
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids, I'm new here
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :) Happy Friday!!! I hope you all have an awesome weekend. It's a long weekend for us as Monday is a public holiday.

I didnt feel up to it but went anyway ... and bonus ... I didn't die lol
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids.

Happy Birthday
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Core Speed & Beta: Upper Focus"=Done!
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Yesterdays crossfit and today's shoulder workouts

Crossfit
    Dumbbell front squats (30lbs dumbbell in each hand on shoulder)
    Push Press (30lbs) 10 x 5
    Wall ball abs 3x10
    wall balls 15-12-9-6-3 with 3 burpees at the start of each set

Weights (shoulders)
    Barbell row 50kg 12-10-8 superset with burpees x 10 with shoulder rotations 4kg 3 x 10
    Barbell shoulder press 30kgx10 - 35kg x 8 - 6
    Arnold Press 10kg 8-7-7 superset with Lateral dumbel raises 4kg 12-10-8
    Rope face pull 3 x 10 superset with front raises 10kg 10-10-7

I'm, focusing my lifting on strengthening shoulders and shoulder flexibility

So ja, my shoulders are shattered now lol

Oh and a gym selfie

wwlm6q2kcc1r.jpg

Shoulders too tired to put shorts on I see.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    macclone wrote: »

Crossfit
    Dumbbell front squats (30lbs dumbbell in each hand on shoulder)
    Push Press (30lbs) 10 x 5
    Wall ball abs 3x10
    wall balls 15-12-9-6-3 with 3 burpees at the start of each set

Weights (shoulders)
    Barbell row 50kg 12-10-8 superset with burpees x 10 with shoulder rotations 4kg 3 x 10
    Barbell shoulder press 30kgx10 - 35kg x 8 - 6
    Arnold Press 10kg 8-7-7 superset with Lateral dumbel raises 4kg 12-10-8
    Rope face pull 3 x 10 superset with front raises 10kg 10-10-7

I'm, focusing my lifting on strengthening shoulders and shoulder flexibility

So ja, my shoulders are shattered now lol

Oh and a gym selfie

wwlm6q2kcc1r.jpg

Does the pic offend you?
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Last night was deadlift night, my fav. I finally got the okay to get back to deadlifting last week (after injuring my shoulder while being stupid doing snatches). This week I decided to max out, because why not. At 100kg I switched to singles, got 105, 110, 113,115,118, and ended at 120. That last one was a bit of a grind but no hitch. Pretty sure it would be 3 white lights.

Next Monday is my last deadlift day before the meet on the 30th. I'll try for 122kb (268lbs) on Monday night and see how it goes. (the meet is deadlift only, that's good because my bench is poverty level) I think this meet might actually be non-sanctioned...I'm unclear on the details. It's like a add-on event to Caffeine and Kilos. Whatever, I just need to dip my toes in the water again.

I need to hit 125kg by the end of this year, so now that I can lift again I've got to get going on this.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    macclone wrote: »

Does the pic offend you?

Men should wear booty shorts more often imo. :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Kids,

Rest day today. My first Saturday training break in months and I almost don't know what to do with all the free time, lol.

Looking forward to a local 5k race tomorrow. It will be the first one I've run in over a year. I'm hoping for some improvement over last year's finishing time. It will be hot at the 1pm start. Forecast calls for temps around 90. My only real concern is deciding whether to wear my running shorts, or the spandex "booty shorts" I wear as part of my tri kit. ;)

Stay Cool.