Apple cider vinegar

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    My friend literally just argued about this she stated her nutrition told her its great for loss and she thinks i'm just "hating" :D

Remind her that nutritionists get a bout 6 weeks of training, usually through a correspondence course. If she wants real, truthful, and useful information she should see a Registered Dietician.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    A lot of people say it doesn't help and then some say "now that you know it doesn't help".....with not a single scientific study reference. It doesn't help because a bunch of people said so???? Whatever, I think it does help some. There now it is proven to help.

That right there is a right purty piece of sciencin'.

You do understand sarcasm I hope!
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Tried it. All I lost was the will to live! Started counting calories about two months later. So far have lost about 20-25lb.
  • Anna_137
    Anna_137 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have apple cider vinegar on the shelf for when I make red velvet cake. I don't use it for anything else. I don't need to nutrilise acid because I have a healthy functioning pancreas which does that for me.

There's some logic to the idea that drinking it will make you feel so sick you won't want to eat and so will lose weight. Sounds like a miserable way to live though.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    amatviv wrote: »
    It's good for digestion. Acid to break down your food better. It also metabolizes certain organs. When you digest better, most likely you get rid of the food faster, and therefore you lose the fat. It does increase energy. Try it in the morning with glass of water ... it acts better than coffee. So anything that gives energy, your body is burning calories to provide you the energy. All in all, it's not like you're losing hundreds of calories from it... probably 100 or so. A lot of people use it to cure indigestion though.

What? Metabolizes organ? :o That would be a horrible, horrible thing!

And better digestion actually would mean better absorption of nutrients, which is a good thing, but that would also mean better absorption of calories.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    It's good for digestion. Acid to break down your food better. It also metabolizes certain organs. When you digest better, most likely you get rid of the food faster, and therefore you lose the fat. It does increase energy. Try it in the morning with glass of water ... it acts better than coffee. So anything that gives energy, your body is burning calories to provide you the energy. All in all, it's not like you're losing hundreds of calories from it... probably 100 or so. A lot of people use it to cure indigestion though.

I'd rather just use it in my Bourbon BBQ sauce.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    It's good for digestion. Acid to break down your food better.
    The acid in it is nullified by what the actual hydrochloric acid in your own stomach can do.
    It also metabolizes certain organs.
    What? Why would you want your organs metabolized?
    When you digest better, most likely you get rid of the food faster, and therefore you lose the fat.
    Digestion is a process to reduce food and drink down to it's simplest components to be ABSORBED by the body. You not "getting rid" of anything at this point. And it does nothing to "lose the fat".
    It does increase energy. Try it in the morning with glass of water ... it acts better than coffee. So anything that gives energy, your body is burning calories to provide you the energy.
    Again what? Lol, you're burning energy to provide energy? How in the world will you ever reduce stored energy in that case?
    All in all, it's not like you're losing hundreds of calories from it... probably 100 or so. A lot of people use it to cure indigestion though.
    With the POSSIBLE exception of helping with indigestion, the rest you've posted is misinformation. Wherever you're getting it from isn't a great source.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

What? Metabolizes organ? :o That would be a horrible, horrible thing!

And better digestion actually would mean better absorption of nutrients, which is a good thing, but that would also mean better absorption of calories.

So instead of having my proctocolectomy i should have just drank acv
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ACV got rid of my DH's planter wart. Ginger for motion sickness.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Maybe I have too many organs.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Maybe I have too many organs.

Try swapping with the guy who has too many pianos.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    *glances at OP*

Not this *kitten* again...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    *glances at OP*

Not this *kitten* again...

Sadly, I don't think this nonsense is ever going to die. Just this week MSN had an article about how Jennifer Aniston drinks ACV every morning and was basically saying that it's magic and will make us all like her. Uh, no. No thanks. Ridiculous.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Protect tooth enamel ? I must disagree. My husband used to drink a swallow daily, not diluted, and ended up having dental issues over time, which I am assuming had something to do with it. ?? He read something that made him believe this was a good idea for what I don't know. Just thought I would mention.