Guys who lift, getting advice from chicks...?

Options

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I'd assume she wanted to sleep with me.

kidding... kidding...

If it felt like random advice, I'd mostly ignore it. If it was someone who I'd seen at the gym before and who seemed to know what she was doing, I'd take it under advisement. I'd probably record my next set and watch it later with her comments in mind, then go from there.

That applies to anyone giving me advice.

Ultimately though, I just want to be left alone. But that's not gym/lifting specific, that's pretty much my approach to life.

see, you say you're kidding, but....

there's a lot of truth in that. If a girl, especially a fit attractive one, approaches a guy at the gym, there is a STRONG chance that the guy is going to take it as a come on, no matter WHAT the content of the approach is.

So what you're saying is, the force of wishful thinking is strong? :smile:
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but this is a no tolerance issue for me, so I'm just going to back out now.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is talking about following a girl home because she talked to him...
    How is it such a "no tolerance" issue that we have to exit stage left just because someone points out that most guys are highly optimistic in thinking that if a girl talks to him then he's got a chance?
    Sure, it shows that guys are stupid but if they don't do anything but think that she might be into him...
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If its someone I train with, sure, I have no problem saying something, but if its some random dude quarter squatting with a p***y pad, then he's on his own.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is talking about following a girl home because she talked to him...
    How is it such a "no tolerance" issue that we have to exit stage left just because someone points out that most guys are highly optimistic in thinking that if a girl talks to him then he's got a chance?
    Sure, it shows that guys are stupid but if they don't do anything but think that she might be into him...

Are you saying that most men in the gym view women primarily as sexual objects and assume the woman wants to sleep with them if she talks to them?
  • 3bambi3
    Options
    dym1 wrote: »
    If its someone I train with, sure, I have no problem saying something, but if its some random dude quarter squatting with a p***y pad, then he's on his own.

A *kitten* pad? Really?
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    neither a guy nor a girl should be advising others unless asked. if youre a trainer at the gym, please go ahead. now, if a guy is about to die, dont talk, just help.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    dym1 wrote: »

A *kitten* pad? Really?

same.

giphy.gif
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

Are you saying that most men in the gym view women primarily as sexual objects and assume the woman wants to sleep with them if she talks to them?

yep
  • 3bambi3
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »

yep

Wow.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not a trainer but when I see a guy trying to do a deadlift with 100lbs & he's bending his back, I'm pretty sure with a past injury or not, he's going to mess up his back.

let him mess his back. he will learn soon enough, on his own. also, when people are progressing to higher weights, their form is not going to be the best on that PR.