TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just wondering -- has anyone else ever been walking on the treadmill -- when a really good song comes on and you decide that dancing seems like a good option??

I'm totally counting the calories between losing my stride/balance and throwing myself off the treadmill (to escape from falling off , of course) and convincing myself that it'll be ok if I get back on.

43 min so far -- walking 2mph -- 278 calories burnt

I replied to a dozen emails -- added a few new friends -- multitasking is fun!!!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thread!

Haha, sorry to hear about your treadmill mishap, Sommer. 500 cals is a LOT of exercise. I'm feeling determined today!
  • zjustine
    zjustine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, such a high calorie burn. I'm trying to increase my calorie burn. Could you please share how long and what you did to burn so many calories. Thx
  • zjustine
    zjustine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OOPS that post was for usmcwife15 who burned 856 calories.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just hit 500 calories -- per my hrm -- 1hr 16 min 52 seconds -- but since I'm not done responding to emails n such I'm gonna keep goin :)

My treadmill of course says 284 calories burned. so -- if I hedge my bets and walk til the treadmill says 500 calories -- I should be golden right? lol
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a great team!! Team Purple Rocks!!
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    purple
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    ~Thanks SweetcheeksRN for starting a thread for us!
    Tonight I will be doing circuit training for my exercise.

GO PURPLE!
  • Shells77
    Shells77 Posts: 22
    Options
    Knowing that this was starting tonight, I was prepared rain or shine. And it did rain.

So, kickboxing it was.

*Whew*

Hope you all found the time to kick some of your own tail tonight, for burning calories' sake!!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, such a high calorie burn. I'm trying to increase my calorie burn. Could you please share how long and what you did to burn so many calories. Thx

I would be more than happy to share! This morning I did 65 minutes of Turbo Jam a 45 and 20 minute workout. Then I did squats because my legs drive me crazy and I do them everyday. That's where my weight seems to almost always land. Takes me 9 minutes. Then on to Ab Jam which is a 20 minute workout and I only do it on M-W-F. Last I was on the treadmill for 25 minutes at a 7.0 incline and 3.7 speed. I have short legs so I can't do much faster unless I run but I burn a lot of calories because of the incline. I hope this helps. I would love to go to the gym but I have two kids and I can't make it and deal with child care.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Burned about 551 cals at a pump and sculpt class and almost 200 walking today! Go team purple!
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • susieoneill
    susieoneill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go Team Purple!!
  • Rabbittrax
    Options
    Thanks for getting this started.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Love that attitude! Hope all goes well for the new baby
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    WHOOO! 564 calories burned today! cleaned for hours! cooked dinner and a lil personal training. . . hopefully the rain will stay away tomorrow to get my jog in.
  • winelover51
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I hit 500 today, I did zumba for 60 min. Not on the roster yet but this is my team... GO PURPLE!!
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is outstanding motivation. I can't even believe how motivated I am, I only wish that I found the thread earlier in the day. I am trying to do the all the calories I can. I am a little jealous of those of you who have treadmills at home. Sommerjo- just sent you a friend request hope it isn't too late.
  • Jeffnjo
    Jeffnjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    518 calories! 300 on the elliptical & walked for the rest.
  • songbird1973
    Options
    I'm a newbie and would love to be added to list. My CW is 246.5 and I have done my 500 calories for today. Thanks