SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

It IS pretty neat. Glad you like!

Pack some heat! :D
    Someone sent me this before. I love it.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I just read a study that said about 40% of people would save their dog instead of a foreign tourist if an out of control bus was aiming for them. How isn’t the percentage to save the dog nearly 100% across the board for every stranger? No way I’d save a stranger.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My daughter sent a pic of the first brown snake of the season in her yard. I was asked by someone here are they venomous?. Eastern browns are the second most deadly in the world and pretty common.. it dawned on me how unphased we are by this.. weird huh lol

eww gross i'll never visit your country

imgeihwlmfe6u13.png

ps you don't look old enough to have adult kid

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My daughter sent a pic of the first brown snake of the season in her yard. I was asked by someone here are they venomous?. Eastern browns are the second most deadly in the world and pretty common.. it dawned on me how unphased we are by this.. weird huh lol

eww gross i'll never visit your country

imgeihwlmfe6u13.png

ps you don't look old enough to have adult kid

Aww thank you. :kissing: I was a young mum.. you can visit, I'll protect you
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    I just read a study that said about 40% of people would save their dog instead of a foreign tourist if an out of control bus was aiming for them. How isn’t the percentage to save the dog nearly 100% across the board for every stranger? No way I’d save a stranger.

Whoa. Wait.

You value the life of an animal over that of a human?

I love my dog and would sacrifice her life to save a stranger's life in a heartbeat.

Not saving the life of a stranger over saving the life of an animal (even a beloved pet ), how is this even a question?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    @jdlobb

See my post above. You're an insightful guy ; what's your opinion on this?
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    @jdlobb

Yeah. I love my dog more than life. I would throw myself in front of a bus to save him. That said, I would save the stranger. My priorities: other person > my dog > me
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    @jdlobb

Yeah. I love my dog more than life. I would throw myself in front of a bus to save him. That said, I would save the stranger. My priorities: other person > my dog > me

Wow, okay.... I respect your opinion and differ in respect to saving my dog over myself.
    I have people who rely on me and as much as we love our pet, she's not getting saved before me or a stranger.
  • jdlobb
    Options
    @jdlobb

Wow, okay.... I respect your opinion and differ in respect to saving my dog over myself.
    I have people who rely on me and as much as we love our pet, she's not getting saved before me or a stranger.

Nobody depends on me. The calculus might change if I had a family.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    @jdlobb

Okay...... But you value the life of an animal over that of a human (you) ?
  • jdlobb
    Options
    @jdlobb

I have agency Over my own life, it's my decision what I do with it. A purposeful sacrifice isn't a loss to me.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    @jdlobb

I have agency Over my own life, it's my decision what I do with it. A purposeful sacrifice isn't a loss to me.

That's quite the sacrifice. At least we agree that we both value the life of a stranger over an animal.

• jasonwest9111
    jasonwest9111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • Motorsheen
    Options

cant really tell until its happening most people will freeze or panic

If you could predetermine your reaction, which would it be: your pet or a stranger?

Remember, you can only save one.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

cant really tell until its happening most people will freeze or panic

If you could predetermine your reaction, which would it be: your pet or a stranger?

Remember, you can only save one.

honestly im imagining my dog giving me the sad look and crying and im also imagining a stranger face bloodied and begging for me to help him. with a clear head i can say to pull help him out but i also know that when my adrenaline is going full blast i could go and try to save both, or just save myself or just save my dog.

Ha. Yeah... God willing, we won't ever need to make that choice.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Questioning a lot about this SITH life. Taking strides on the good side and allowing my demons to hide while they work on themselves.