Sober October 2017

This thread is for people who would like to abstain from, reduce or moderate their alcohol intake in October 2017.

Encouragement and support is always welcome.

This isn’t about condemning anyone’s drinking or part of any program. This is about supporting each other’s lifestyle goals so we can focus on the reasons we are on MyFitnessPal.

You set your own goals and keep yourself accountable. But we are all here to support you, listen and share our own struggles and successes.

Replies

• kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    snowyne wrote: »
    I'm in for another month! Last month's thread was very helpful. In 27 days, I've had a grand total of 3 drinks -- down from @ 3 drinks per day! Want to keep up the momentum because I feel much better all around.

That is an amazing transformation!! Good for you.

I am also in for October. Hope to try for zero this month.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Definitely in! Nothing like starting fresh. See you in a week :)
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    I'm in!! I have done very well so far, but discovered when I get tense I need a glass of wine. Not such a big deal really. However, it leads to mindless eating etc etc etc.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    I'm definitely in!
  • dogeatdogworld
    dogeatdogworld Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in for sober october
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    I'm in, too, being in the group last month definitely helped me cut down. Bring on October!
  • dogeatdogworld
    dogeatdogworld Posts: 12 Member
    I drank vodka and v8 juice tonight I had no idea that spirnoff had 291 cal per 3 shots :( I'm bummed some one please help me motivate to stay sober for October any feedback would be much appreciated
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    I drank vodka and v8 juice tonight I had no idea that spirnoff had 291 cal per 3 shots :( I'm bummed some one please help me motivate to stay sober for October any feedback would be much appreciated

You could start with a pro and cons list for yourself....what do you get from drinking or why do you want to cut back/reduce.

Sometimes lists are really helpful. Lots of good articles on Pinterest about 30 day alcohol challenges too.