Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I'm in!

Made it to Day 2! LOL

Day 3! #soberoctober
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Can't recall if I posted in this thread already, but I'm in for reducing my alcohol consumption in October. I don't plan to drink this week until Saturday, when husband and I will probably go out to celebrate our anniversary, and after that I plan to keep it to once per week or so. I'm in a Biggest Loser challenge group this month; cutting back will definitely help me make progress with weight loss.
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    This Nomo app is cool. I like seeing the money I am saving!
  • vashleym
    vashleym Posts: 5 Member
    Good idea. I might have to join you on this one.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Day One Done!
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Day 5 for me, I wish I was sleeping as well as others. :neutral:
  • geep30
    geep30 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. Glad I found this. In late August I decided to go until Thanksgiving day without alcohol. I really wanted to focus on health and weight loss. Today is day 43. I sleep better than I have in years and am a lot more clear headed. I am considering limiting myself to Sunday dinner cocktail and a glass of wine. I don't need to drink any more than that.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    I'm 3 days in now, the cravings have been bad the past 2 days. So tonight I made myself a diet coke (a treat in itself) and put it in a glass that would normally be used for alcohol and added a slice of lime. Nearly hit the spot, lol.

"Nearly" -- I like that! 4 days in, and I resisted the temptation to invite some folks out for happy hour last night. I was just in the mood to be out.
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    Day 5 for me, I wish I was sleeping as well as others. :neutral:

Keep going! Good sleep will come.