Sober October 2017

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    My lunch plans for the Italian restaurant this weekend were cancelled so I don't have to worry about the temptation of wine! More days to stay on track :)

I'm allowing myself some grace for my birthday at the end of the month if i need it, but my desire is to do another month of abstaining. I'm liking staying on track...sleeping better...getting more accomplished.....more money in my account to spend on other things....and the scale cooperates better :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Doing fine so far. Although tomorrow is Thursday and I often feel like a nightcap on a Thursday because, it's nearly the weekend. BUT, this week I'm going to run with my club, and although we go to the pub after, I'll be driving so it should be easy to say no.

I'm out for dinner Friday night and in two minds about whether to have just the one, or abstain completely.
  • buniculator
    buniculator Posts: 8 Member
    So far so good, but this is only day 3 for me! I did *have* to finish that open bottle of wine on Sunday after all :D
  • PurpleLavender77
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Everyone is doing really good! My biggest trigger for drinking is a bad mood so I'm trying to exercise,do self hypnosis for anxiety on YouTube,breathe deep,etc,make sure I stay well hydrated and fed,still going strong just want it to stat that way

I agree everyone is doing great!!
  • PurpleLavender77
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    Tonight will be a test. Going out with an old friend - we usually have a few beers. I mentioned that I was trying to go AF during the week. I think I need to be stronger in my convictions and stop using the word "trying". I'm trying to eat less, trying to go to the gym, trying to stop drinking during the week. I WILL eat less, I WILL go to the gym, I WILL be AF during the week. The word trying seems to give me an out.

please don't quote that star wars saying. do / try/ whatever. :)

How about saying you are making a choice to not drink during the week? Saying you are making the choice or saying I don’t do this gives you the power! You are powerful and strong!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    Tonight will be a test. Going out with an old friend - we usually have a few beers. I mentioned that I was trying to go AF during the week. I think I need to be stronger in my convictions and stop using the word "trying". I'm trying to eat less, trying to go to the gym, trying to stop drinking during the week. I WILL eat less, I WILL go to the gym, I WILL be AF during the week. The word trying seems to give me an out.

please don't quote that star wars saying. do / try/ whatever. :)

One of my favorite quotes is"stop TRYING just DO it"
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    missanne11 wrote: »
    Oh since sept. 25 I've lost 2.1 lbs. which is good for me as I believe my liver is still healing therefore my weight loss is slower than one time. I'm pleased

Does a healing liver slow down weight loss?
    I'm currently covered in hives, but anytime in the past I have done things or taken supplements that cleanse the liver I get covered in hives. :neutral: But I also tend to be hive prone.
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    I'm new, but want in with the group please. I have been working on reducing my alcohol intake and would definitely benefit from being part of a larger group with similar goals...thank You!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I'm in!

Made it to Day 2! LOL

Day 3! #soberoctober

4 days! Getting through the week is a breeze. The weekend is going to be another matter entirely.

5 days. Traveling for work today and eating dinner out/staying in a hotel. This is one of my usual drinking times. No hubby, no kid, a couple drinks to relax and then a whole bed to myself. I won't cave!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Cryingblue. I'm no expert. But what I've read from others from liver abuse it takes time. Anyone else there share their thoughts? I kno in last couple years when I've tried losing it's been really slow and I'm thinking due to overabundance of eating and drinking wrong things which slowed it. This time however I'm more concentrating on alcohol abstinence along with exercise and eating better so hoping that after couple of weeks I will notice a difference. Love to hear other people's opinions and expert advice