Options

Replies

• dark_sparkles37019
    Options
    I'm in! I'm looking to cut back.
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have already decided to give up alcohol so if there are a bunch of us doing it it would help so much!
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    Maybe I could change my thinking of alcohol as something I can't have to something I don't want. Right now, I still feel I'm denying myself - sort of like chocolate ice cream which only sometimes do I choose to eat rather than lima beans which I don't want and which tempt me not in the least. For now, I'll just decide not to drink during the month of October.

Saying I don’t instead if I can’t has helped me with both drinking and food choices. Giving yourself the power in the choice is helpful. It’s not about deprivation or dieting but decisions for a healthy lifestyle in line with what your goals are.
  • punkypump
    punkypump Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am willing! Sounds like a very beneficial goal!
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    In for October :)

I tried this back in the spring and made it 5 weeks. Summer came & I've put almost 20 lbs on, mostly from booze. Whiskey & red wine have not been my friends over the last few months.

My first week may be touch & go, I have a friend coming to visit for 7 days and I'm sure there will be cocktails. So maybe I will commit to "cutting back" during that time frame & abstaining after she leaves!!

Good luck with your goals everyone!!!
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    October will be here on Sunday! Do you have your goals in mind? Have your plan of action?

Do what works for you! Moderate, abstain, reduce.

For me, I plan on abstaining most of all of October. I may give myself a pass or two for a milestone birthday (mine) near the end of October. However, my hope is it will come and I’ll end up abstaining.

I just want to give myself some grace if I need it!

I still have ten pounds I would like to lose, and alcohol does not help me lose weight. So that’s in the back of my mind as well.

Whatever your goals are for October, I’m glad you are here. Believe in yourself!