Useless Fact of the Day

Options

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    People say that money can't buy love, but it can if you buy a pet.

While it's true that money can't buy happiness or love, with enough of it you can afford the kind of misery or heartache you like best.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It's only a gambling addiction if you keep losing, otherwise it's a high paying career.
  • cee134
    Options
    Gold Rush has been on Discovery Channel for 7 seasons and the main guys haven’t even found gold yet.
  • cee134
    Options
    Trains are just boring roller coasters.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

If this is true then some of the ones in NYC are the only roller coasters in the world where the riders scream on the flat parts...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 11.5 shoe
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

If this is true then some of the ones in NYC are the only roller coasters in the world where the riders scream on the flat parts...

Fun fact: NYC Transit never inspects their tracks for defects that can cause derailments. Legally it should be done often but they just don't. If they start now it'll take until 2060 to fully inspect them all.

Source: I was in the rail inspection business.

I'm trying to avoid the obvious innuendo here...
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Fun fact: NYC Transit never inspects their tracks for defects that can cause derailments. Legally it should be done often but they just don't. If they start now it'll take until 2060 to fully inspect them all.

Source: I was in the rail inspection business.

:p
  • cee134
    Options
    Taco Bell's menu items are basically the same ingredients rearranged differently.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    A starfish eats by regurgitating its own stomach to envelope food and retract it back into its body.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    coolraul07 wrote: »
    A starfish eats by regurgitating its own stomach to envelope food and retract it back into its body.

omg same
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I was walking out the door at 3:15p after getting in this morning at 5a, with no break and was asked to just stay a bit longer so someone could leave early. FFS.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I was walking out the door at 3:15p after getting in this morning at 5a, with no break and was asked to just stay a bit longer so someone could leave early. FFS.

Did you give them the big F U?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's menu items are basically the same ingredients rearranged differently.

Yet they still manage to have some of those combinations as "limited time items"
  • carolynmarie1215
    Options
    You’re not born with knee caps, they don't develop until 2-4 years old. Lol
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    You’re not born with knee caps, they don't develop until 2-4 years old. Lol
    Ooo, that reminds me of a good one.
    You're born with around 270 bones, but they fuse together as you age and you end up with 206 as an adult. That's why babies have a "soft spot" because the skull bones haven't fused yet.
  • cee134
    Options
    It’s a good thing money isn’t orange or rappers would have a harder time rapping about it.