"FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Rip'T Circuit"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. I decided to do a 3 day back to back hot Pilates with my daughter this weekend. Needless to say my abs and glutes took a beating. Gam3rguy, bottle up that energy of yours and sell it. Cool kids rock. Have a great day everyone.
  • shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I would like to join this group. I'm 52 and need to loose 40 pounds. I've been working out at HEW, our local cross fit gym 4 days a week for about a year. Very hard workouts but I feel good after I'm finished. Saying all that I'm not losing any weight and after speaking with one of my coaches he suggested that my nutrition was not good. I guess too many late night pizzas with the kids. :# So I've decided to start MFP again to get it where it needs to be I'm trying LCHF diet. Wish me luck.

Today's workout, mostly cardio, I burned 413 active calories and 515 total calories. I normally don't burn that much but we didn't lift today.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Core Cardio"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids - thank you all for the bday wishes! :) It was a really nice day.

Like much of the country, we are now experiencing summer temperatures. I'll take it! Sunday did one of my favourite hikes. Took me 3.5 hours, so I was happy. An 11km challenging hike that can take 3 to 5 hours. We even stopped and had a little break and try and cool down a bit. It was 28C hiking, so we were sweaty messes when we were done.

Travelling for work over the next few days. I know I will be doing a lot of walking, but not sure how much logging I will be doing.

last week only saw a 1lb loss. I'm blaming it on the wine I enjoyed at the wedding I attended Saturday night. :tongue:

have a great day all!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Rip'T Circuit"=Done!
  • zennil2
    zennil2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all you cool kids! Have a great day!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Kids, and welcome to all the noobs;

@sdereski - Belated Birthday Wishes!
    @gam3rguy - That inflatable must have made for a wild race finish!

I came close to melting into the pavement on Sunday during a 5k race. Race started at 1pm in humid 90 degree temps. Uncomfortable to say the least. I managed to finish 2nd of 12 in the age group, so I guess the other old guys must have felt as badly as I did.

I'm enjoying the chance to focus on running, now that tri season is done. Cooler weather forecast here this weekend should make it feel great to run and bike outdoors.

• caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey kids, legs this morning. Been watching Ashley Horner on YouTube and decided to try it. Needless to say, my legs are screaming. Welcome newbies. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Dynamic Core"=Done!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hit and passed my mileage goal for running this month. I'm going to up it for October, but I haven't decided how much yet. I can't wait for cooler weather! Running in the heat and humidity is not my favorite.

In non-exercise news, I got accepted to the Spring Disney College Program. Yes, I'm 42, but since I'm in college, I meet the requirements, LOL. I haven't decided whether or not to accept, as it means uprooting my life. All my friends want to accept, but I have to have a real discussion with my husband before I can truly decide. I'm really torn, as it's a great opportunity, but it would be a huge change.
  • gam3rguy
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

It finishes with a slide. So far most pics haven’t turned out so well, but there is one at the finish. I met up with a few Facebook friends and their team and I got to be in their group pic. I’m in the back row next to Phil (with his arms in the air).
    Found another pic at the start...aaaaaaand I look cranky.

fhkla56kstov.jpeg
    rkn2c5at4a8i.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. I decided to do a 3 day back to back hot Pilates with my daughter this weekend. Needless to say my abs and glutes took a beating. Gam3rguy, bottle up that energy of yours and sell it. Cool kids rock. Have a great day everyone.

It comes in a can. >:)

pwjga2gzwnl4.jpeg

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »

It finishes with a slide. So far most pics haven’t turned out so well, but there is one at the finish. I met up with a few Facebook friends and their team and I got to be in their group pic. I’m in the back row next to Phil (with his arms in the air).
    Found another pic at the start...aaaaaaand I look cranky.

That's quite a crew, looks like a blast.

And I'd try to sell that starting photo as your pre-race focused look, since it sounds better than cranky. I understand the look, though. My friends all joke about staying away from "Pre-Race Dave", since apparently I'm in no mood for exchanging pleasantries before a race. :)
  • Tea333angeL
    Tea333angeL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello im 40+ate, a retired navy veteran who got burnt out on working out!!! Getting back into swimming/walking and eating properly. Would like to join this group, but dunno how...??? Well, good luck to everyone for their goals, dreams, and aspirations!!!

thank you,
    Travis Lee
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Rip'T Circuit & Core Speed"=Done!
  • zennil2
    zennil2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids! Anyone have great weekend plans?
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. Full body lifting done. Gam3rguy, how much for a can?lol. Zenni, I am trying to hike this weekend. I notice I am more hungry these days. I just saw an article posted on here from MFP about this very thing. I will try the suggestions and see if my pangs settle. Have a great day kids.