Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    ss2482k7cjvj.png

• kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    I am super unmotivated today, and it is the first of the month (for my line of work - I work for a consumer loan company). On top of that we are short staffed. I still have another day left of my week :neutral: I guess I shouldn't complain about overtime, right?

The scale was up this week which was kind of a bummer. I haven't exercised at all this week. I am just feeling in a slump.

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @evamutt Great point! Some times just making it through the day is accomplishment in and of itself! Thank you for the reminder.

@janetay01 Hope he feels better soon. Good thoughts your way.

@rachel0778 Thanks. That is only the second time I have done it. I would like to make it a weekly thing. Sounds like you have a really fun weekend planned. (Besides the house cleaning part.) Your Meme is how I feel. It is 10:13 here and I am ready to call it a day.

I had a decent day yesterday. 4 days green. Went roller skating with the kids for the school skate night. Tweaked my back when a kid fell in front of me. Somehow I managed to not fall/clobber the kid and keep my balance, but made my back hurt. So without and the soreness from the hour run, decided to not do the adult skate. Did one round of circuit training this morning. (2 is still too hard for me.)

Today my oldest turns 18! So either tonight or tomorrow night I am going to have a pasta laden chocolate cake extravaganza. Hopefully, I can make it work for calories. (I want to keep my green streak alive. No snacking today.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    I already ate 800 cals & it's only 2 o'clock!! I don't ever remember doing this in over a year. We are so low on food due to Amazon taking $ out for Prime after hubby called to ask a question(they are refunding it) & we don't get paid till tomorrow. I was so hungry when I got home from dog park then I got a few calls from family, one of which my sis in law had to put her dog down. By the time I got off phone I was starving. I always keep a few frozen things around. I had some tyson fully cooked chicken patties, 200 cal each. I had 2, 1 piece of bread & some chips but was still hungry so I had a smoked sausage sandwhich. I could have taken the time to make eggs out of egg makers, put some veggies in microwave but I was all shaky from not eating & didn't take the time. Going to gym in a bit, hopefully it'll help
  • PhedraJD
    @evamutt I get shaky when I don't eat on a regular basis. So I completely understand the wanting to eat asap. I have actually found if I eat a few pieces of candy, and wait about 5-10 minutes the shakes will go away, and I can then eat something normal. The quick sugar helps get rid of the shakes, and usually gives me time to eat something normal and stop when I am full instead of thinking I am starving.
  • Evamutt
    next time I will do that. I did go to gym but still went over, oh well, tomorrow's another day
  • cayladebra
    cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
    Thank you evwryone I will look around.

My Hubs and I went to Cedar Point yesterday with some friends an my brother in law. I ate everything I wanted, when hungry. We walked over 20k steps and I am so sore from rides and walking. Well worth it mind you, but my body needs an epsom salt bath stat! I took the extra timw to log my meals and ended up still under my calorie goal with excerise calories. It was a small victory, even though I know eating fried cheese and dip n dots doesnt affect me the same way as the veggies I normally get. I had fun and am taking the day to reset before my work week tomorrow.
  • Evamutt
    cayladebra, your day sounded so good. Glad you had a good time. being under calories is an extra bonus
  • Rachel0778
    @cayladebra Sounds like a great time! Great job sticking to your goals while enjoying yummy treats

@Evamutt 800 calories is a reasonable amount, especially since you were filling your body with reasonable food due to your hunger levels and not junk. Don't beat yourself up too much!

@jdelaroy How was the birthday party. Sorry to hear about your back...d*mn kids! lol

@kmshover I feel like garbage when I don't move my body too. Even getting out for a walk might help with your slump!

So this weekend was a lot of fun, but it definitely included way too much wine. I need to remember to stick to 1 glass/week or else I feel like garbage :( I prepped all my meals for the week ahead and made a semi-healthy treat (spice cake cupcakes- 1 box spice cake mix, 1 can pumpkin, 1 cup water) for an 130 calorie treat with a vitamin A boost! I absolutely love fall food so I'm enjoying the seasonal produce change. I've been spiraling out of control with the house stuff, but now that we have everything figured out I'm feeling like I can get back into control.
  • PhedraJD
    @evamutt sometimes are bodies have a mind of their own.

@cayladebra Great job! It is alright to indulge once in awhile. One of the ways it makes this easier to do. I know I Had a big piece of yummy chocolate cake for my daughter's 18th birthday. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

@rachel0778 It was pretty low key. We did her birthday party a few weeks ago. So just made her favorite dinner, cake and a few presents from me. Thanks for asking. Sounds like you are ready for this week.

I had a yucky weekend, ended up fighting with the bf all weekend. Amazingly though, I still got exercise in and stayed under calories. Very proud of myself.

Hoping today will get better. I did manage to say no to Starbucks this morning. Was going to the gym, but had a late starts, so just did some fast pacing in the house. Not quite cardio, but better than going back to bed. I really wanted to do that.
  • Evamutt
    Sorry about your week end jdelaroy, I do hope it'll be better today, I hate it when me & hubbs argue. I used to love Starbucks. Didn't go too often but now a days all I ever get is the passion tea with no sweetner. Yesterday there was were 2 pck of the 3lb Jennie O 93% lean ground turkey at the store, so I got both for $12! It's the only kind I buy. I love getting deals at the grocery store. I don't shop for clothes or anything else much but do like buying food, even if I don't eat it. I think it's because when I was little, my mom told me we had to stand in long lines to get food (this was during the revolution in Hungary) so I was always afraid of running out of food. Anyway so I made a big batch of 4.6 oz turkey patties. I eat those a lot, make a burger with 1 piece of bread, cut it up for salad or add a side dish & just grab one if I need a snack.They're so good
  • Rachel0778
    @Evamutt That is a great deal! I love grocery shopping too. I always used to go with my Mom when I was little and I could always pick out a treat for the week.

@jdelaroy Sorry to hear about your rough weekend. Great job trying to turn it around by doing some activity in the house and avoiding Starbucks

So last night we had some serious thunderstorms. Since my dog is terrified of thunder I felt too bad to leave him and go to the gym so I guilted myself into at least doing a 25 minute Beach Body streaming workout and a 20 minute Leslie Sansone walking workout. Not quite as intense as if I would have went to the gym but better than doing nothing like I was toying with!

I made an amazing salad last night with spinach, goat cheese, cranberry turkey sausage, and beets with a balsamic vinaigrette. Holy yum! I also cooked up a big batch of pumpkin gnocchi that I combined with apple chicken sausage, summer squash, kale, onion, and topped with Trader Joe's Autumn Harvest sauce. My food week is feeling very gourmet!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    @Rachel0778 Way to get your workout in! That salad sounds absolutely delicious!

I am back from my honeymoon and back at work today. I didn't track a thing when I was gone; I had lots of bread and I didn't restrict my food at all. We mainly ate breakfast and then dinner, but I did also splurge on dessert and alcohol. I don't regret a thing. Ireland was beautiful, and I'm glad I got to experience it (and the food!).

We got back Sunday night, and I haven't been eating well since then. I had a big meal after we arrived home, and yesterday I had another big meal at lunch (lots of pizza). I finally weighed myself this morning. I am up 4.8 lbs, but I'm not sure how much of that is water weight. I definitely don't think I have gone over maintenance by enough calories to gain that much in a week and a half!

I am back to tracking and the gym today. :smile:
  • Rachel0778
    @rachelbachel32 Welcome back!!!! I'm sure your temporary gain will be gone in no time. I'm glad you had a great time in Ireland.

Happy Hump Day! I went to Crossfit last night and feel like a million bucks today. I don't know what it is about that class but I always wake up the next morning feeling like a rockstar. My eating has also been on point this week. My pumpkin cupcakes have been a wonderful less junky sweet treat at the end of the night. I think I'm going to try to make a chocolate cake version of them for next week. This week just reminds me how important it is to find healthy foods and recipes that are exciting so I'm not tempted by the junk.
  • PhedraJD
    @Evamutt You are from Hungary? I would have never guessed. Do you remember any of it? Just curious.

@rachel0778 Your food sounds delicious, can I come over and eat? LOL Poor puppy. Sounds like you are doing awesome.

@rachelbachel32 Sounds like a fantastic time. Even if you did gain 4.8 pounds, you have the skill, the will and the ability to take it off. Sometimes you have to just live.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. Up at 4:30, (my normal time) did circuit training at the gym, kids to school, worked, then ran errands, came home made dinner, then grocery shopping. Finally was finished at about 9:30. Did a 50 minute run at lunch, and stayed in the green. This morning isn't starting off so great. Sigh. I can do this though.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    So I have totally fallen off the MFP wagon the last week. I'm going through some absolutely terrible medication withdrawals as I have just finished stepping down off of psychiatric medication. It has been a terrible ride, but I have to muscle through and just get it over with. I have lost all motivation to do everything. I've withdrawn from all my boards here and really this is the first time I've even logged into MFP since the beginning of last week. I would think about it and then just say *kitten* it. I've made food twice, done one load of laundry, washed two sink fulls of dishes and that is about it. I haven't had the motivation or drive to do much of anything. I sit on the couch and read or sleep...we've been eating a lot of takeout(mine have mostly consisted of salads) and I completely ignore then budget this past week and am definitely going to be paying for it. The DH isn't in much of a better place then I am for his own reasons...so it's just a bundle of fun at our house for the past week....

But I got an MFP message from a dear friend from a different board and seeing that notification kicked my *kitten* a little bit I guess because here I am! Lol. Hopefully, the symptoms will be done in the next day or two and then I can really get back to living. Sorry for the downer or a post but I thought I would let people know that I am alive, albeit barely. Lol
  • noodlenewman
    noodlenewman Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm down 27# on my own through diet and exercise and have about 15-20 to go (no definitive goal weight just a pair of jeans staring at me longingly). Would love to join this group and make some new friends to get me through the final stretch during the worst season of the year!
  • cayladebra
    cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
    @HGSmith0920 Sorry to hear about your withdrawals. Did you taper down with doctors monitoring? I hope you are able to push through and am glad you have found the motivation to stop in.

I my self had a very rough Sunday. Emotional and a complete confidence depleater. I had a hard time wanting even to watch what I ate and said Eff it. Today is my first day back in the saddle, but my body already wants more food so I will try to find a healthy snack. Trying to restore my confidence and trust in those around me. Life can be a bit to difficult sometimes.
  • Rachel0778
    @noodlenewman Welcome! Congrats on already losing 27lbs! Happy to have you here!

@cayladebra I'm sorry you've had a rough week as well and that your confidence was shaken. I hope the rest of the week goes much better and that your confidence gets a much needed boost!

@HGSmith0920 Welcome back! We missed you! Sorry to hear the medication withdrawals have been so rough. I'm glad to hear there is an end in sight though. We're here for you!

@jdelaroy You are such a rockstar waking up at 4:30am to workout! You can absolutely do this!

I got pretty down on myself yesterday and still feel like I'm in a slump :(

I finally made it back to pole dancing classes after over a month being away due to the house stuff. Of course I chose to come back when we had a guest instructor who is a nationals competitor. And of course I was once again the worst in the class. I just felt so discouraged and knocked down after not being able to do anything and feeling like an uncoordinated mess.

I honestly can't remember the last time when I went to an exercise class and said "I'm actually good at this". Reality is I've never been athletic, I can't dance to save my life, and if you throw something at me I won't catch it. It is frustrating and disheartening at times, but I figure at least I'm trying?

I also got down on myself yesterday because while I have a lot of acquaintances and casual friends where I live I don't feel like I have a best friend. I miss meeting up with someone and feeling 100% comfortable to say whatever instead of constantly being on guard and having my filters up. I know this will come in time, but it seriously takes forever to build a new friend group, especially since most people who grew up in this town stay here and thus already have their friend groups formed from when they were younger and aren't necessarily looking for new friends. I go to a lot of things and keep busy, but I rarely feel like people are excited to see me when I show up :(
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    The last few days have just been blah and I have actually just busted out in tears a couple times and today I had a custard concrete from Sonic..... I only ate half, but still. At least today is my early day and I can go home sooner. The over time is great especially since my hubby has been sick but I am sick of being here.