lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    @bjcrewe I just read this whole thread and people are giving great advice! I love the support people offer in this forum. I just wanted to chime in and wish you the best of luck losing weight and becoming a healthier you. Feel free to add me to your friends list if you like, I'd love to keep up and be there as motivation.

I just want to add that any food is breakfast food as long as you eat it in the morning! :)
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1100 calories For lunch ugh not good
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    Congrats on making positive changes to improve your health!

Food is food - no need to eat "breakfast" food in the morning. Any food that helps you achieve your weight loss goals can be eaten at the traditional breakfast time period. That said, no breakfast works too (you're simply fasting) providing you are getting adequate nutrition later in the day and that a morning fast does not lead to binging later in the day.

Best wishes for continued success!!

Food is food - no need to eat "breakfast" food in the morning. Any food that helps you achieve your weight loss goals can be eaten at the traditional breakfast time period. That said, no breakfast works too (you're simply fasting) providing you are getting adequate nutrition later in the day and that a morning fast does not lead to binging later in the day.

this is very true. bean and rice makes an awesome breakfast in particular, and is a breakfast staple in many parts of the world. It's also dirt dirt dirt cheap and easy to make ahead in bulk.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »

this is very true. bean and rice makes an awesome breakfast in particular, and is a breakfast staple in many parts of the world. It's also dirt dirt dirt cheap and easy to make ahead in bulk.

The idea that you must eat different things for each meal is largely a "western" mentality. A large part of the world's population eats the same starches and proteins(usually rice and a local bean) for every meal. with vegetables and meat as an occasional treat.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    So i now know to lay off bread (don't eat it much unless there us nothing else) its not worth the calories.

I agree with that. I always weigh the value of the "deliciousness" vs how many calories it costs me. Some high calorie things are totally worth it, and some are not.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    On bread there is this 40 calorie per slice bread avaible at the aldi near me at least.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So i now know to lay off bread (don't eat it much unless there us nothing else) its not worth the calories.

It's quite nice when you can identify higher calorie foods or drinks you're perfectly happy living without. I was like this with soda - I was drinking maybe 2 med to large fountain sodas a week, really just because they were convenient, not because I enjoyed them all that much. Now I make sure to have alternatives on hand, or just stick with water. Cutting down on calories doesn't always have to be a big struggle!

To get a playlist set up to listen to on my walk. Get some hip-hop and icp. Nothing better then it.

I love the last two Run the Jewels albums as walking music. Also last year's A Tribe Called Quest release.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Losing a lot weight in a short amount of time is definitely doable, plenty of examples of this on the internet. What is really MORE important is your ability to maintain the weight loss. If the means to which you lost the weight isn't sustainable during your weight loss and after, statistically speaking you are most likely going to gain the weight back and then some.
  • bree4485
    bree4485 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do whatever you set your mind to do! I have about 100 more pounds ds to lose myself and I am 23 down. You have to remember that even though you want the weight off, it is also important to remain healthy in doing so. Maybe a low carb diet or keto would work wonderfully for you. Also consider cutting sugars out completely and no other beverages beside h20 and maybe a packet of crystal light when you are tired of it. All in all ik you can do it and excited to hear about your results!
  • shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the great work. We are here for your support.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    jdlobb wrote: »
    can I just quickly reiterate....

Rice and beans! rice and beans! rice and beans!!

cheap, nutritious, filling, delicious. did i mention cheap?

And eggs! Eggs are amazing.

...and you can throw some meat on that and/or maybe some cheese and salsa. Fancy it up!