Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    people take you seriously if you advise them to apply after shave after manscaping

Your evilness knows no bounds
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That sometimes people get a little upset when your opinion is different than theirs.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    I’m not in jail anymore.

don't get excited it probably won't last.... ;):D
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland once used real skeletons taken from UCLA's Medical Center.

e5tl60twyp4e.jpg
    Some fake skeletons enjoying a fake drink in a fake bar.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    TIL The lady in the car in front of me earlier has a chihuahua who is smarter than everybody else's honor student!

Amazing!!!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    TIL The lady in the car in front of me earlier has a chihuahua who is smarter than everybody else's honor student!

Amazing!!!

These days that's not too hard to believe...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that Smarties in the USA aren't the same as in the UK.

rxjeodghlhsn.jpg

Yes, this is also the situation in Canada. Smarties are those candy coated chocolate candies. And those sweet tart thingies are rockets. This looks like a Canadian photo (because of the French). Edit: I didn't read through the thread, so maybe someone already said that.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I learned today, after a conversation, that my feelings for someone are not mutual :|

Fun, isn't it?

This has happened too much, so I keep my feelings bottled up inside behind a fire/bullet proof wall.

Or even sometimes it is mutual which is just too dangerous! So Still keep up that "fire/bullet proof wall" and be safe!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    that I need ^^ a fire/bullet proof wall that actually works.....boo
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Reinforcement of the fact I am REALLY good at what I do.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The connections finally clicked in my head. In the historical record of war, there are cases of starving people, whether civilian or soldier, who died of starvation immediately after eating food. I finally realized that in the cases where the food was described, it was a fat-laden food. The body quickly and easily converts simple sugars to usable glycogen. The body has to work with energy stores to convert ingested fat to ketones.

The starving body on the verge of death can eat the fatty foods, but the digestive demands on energy stores overwhelms the body, demanding that of which it has no more, and it dies.

I'm sure this is not a new discovery. It's just that I finally caught up with it.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    One person's opinion of me doesn't define me. I'm proud of the person that I am. I'm flawed and imperfect just the rest.

You are a great person!! A very good friend.
  • NatashaDNMS
    NatashaDNMS Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    How to use the "low-pro" tire machine at my job. xD
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    One person's opinion of me doesn't define me. I'm proud of the person that I am. I'm flawed and imperfect just the rest.

You are a great person!! A very good friend.

Thank You! That means A lot <3