From 511 to 175: a 336 lb loss over 5 years

Replies

• gwenster89
    gwenster89 Posts: 48 Member
    That's amazing!!! Forgive me if this is a messed up thing to say, but I've lost 5.5 lbs out of 80 and it just feels like so much sometimes. Your success story reminds me that people like your bada$$ self have stayed strong and dedicated and lost so much more than that. If you can do it, maybe I can. Thank you for sharing!!
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you that all your hard work paid off and you're happy with your results. You did a great job! :)
  • lesstratford
    lesstratford Posts: 113 Member
    hasmith85 wrote: »
    Congrats on an amazing journey to a healthier you!

Thanks!

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    I can't put into words how amazing this is! How amazing you are!!
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Oh my goodness I am speechless. You did that for five years. What a tremendous feat! What an inspiration you are!!!!
  • jennyp
    jennyp Posts: 11 Member
    What an amazing accomplishment. You look great
  • jotic34
    jotic34 Posts: 2 Member
    What an inspiration! Your will to succeed is unbelievable! I hope to reach my goals and gain my life back!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Good job man! So you said you watched what you ate and how much you ate. I'm assuming that means you put yourself into a calorie deficit type of diet. If that's true did you stay in a deficit until you hit your goal weight or did you go back and forth between deficit and maintenance calories?
  • lesstratford
    Good job man! So you said you watched what you ate and how much you ate. I'm assuming that means you put yourself into a calorie deficit type of diet. If that's true did you stay in a deficit until you hit your goal weight or did you go back and forth between deficit and maintenance calories?

Mostly dedicate. But on days I did the gym I did consume more calories from protein
  • lesstratford
    jennyp wrote: »
    What an amazing accomplishment. You look great

Thank you, kind of you to say

• tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    What an experience. Do you ever wake up in the morning and just feel amazed? When you think of your old life, does it feel real?

As others have mentioned, you have changed a lot during this process. Was there a point where you felt a definitive difference to the identity you assumed before and now? Or did that happen a few times? Or was it gradual?

Sorry for the abstract nature of my questions, but you have had such a unique and fascinating transformation and I'm curious how that must have felt.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Wow... just wow!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    It seems you've kept it off for 3 yrs now, also a big accomplishment!
    What's worked for you on that front?
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    that is just incredible. And what incredible patience to keep going at a slow, but steady, rate! I have about 30 lbs to lose, losing about 1-2 lbs per week, and get frustrated sometimes with the time it will take to lose the weight. Your story is incredible!
  • lesstratford
    mom2kateRH wrote: »
    that is just incredible. And what incredible patience to keep going at a slow, but steady, rate! I have about 30 lbs to lose, losing about 1-2 lbs per week, and get frustrated sometimes with the time it will take to lose the weight. Your story is incredible!

Thanks! Kind of you to say.
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    I hope everybody who thinks about Gastric bypass or all the other invasive surgeries will now know it can be done the healthy way.

Awesome - Just incredible
  • gmz3296
    gmz3296 Posts: 18 Member
    Inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
  • lesstratford
    gzinkl wrote: »
    Inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
    Thank you
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Rarely saw something like this. You are one of the very few. Amazing!
  • BelaLuGoGo
    BelaLuGoGo Posts: 5 Member
    You are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!