The Onion is really going in after this Vegas thing..

Options
distinctlybeautiful
distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
What do you think?

95oiu5fff830.png

a478esix382j.png

mcz9mh5zklqs.png

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    How is this a divisive topic, though? I'm pretty sure we can all agree that mass shootings are bad.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Yes, you’re right. Everyone on MFP probably agrees about how this latest horrific tragedy demonstrates the necessity of more stringent gun control in the US. We had a productive talk about it in another thread yesterday that did not turn ugly or get moderated.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to bait anyone here, I seriously would like to know, what gun law could have prevented that man from killing and injuring all those people in Las Vegas? I am for anyway from preventing something like that from ever happening again.....but I know of no law that matters if you plan on breaking it anyway.

I'm interested to see how he obtained the weapons he used. As of yesterday I hadn't seen that reported. Regardless, a horrifying tragedy yet again.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    better weapons now, more powerful, more accurate
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I'm not trying to bait anyone here, I seriously would like to know, what gun law could have prevented that man from killing and injuring all those people in Las Vegas? I am for anyway from preventing something like that from ever happening again.....but I know of no law that matters if you plan on breaking it anyway.

I'm interested to see how he obtained the weapons he used. As of yesterday I hadn't seen that reported. Regardless, a horrifying tragedy yet again.

I think the weapon he used was fully automatic which is illegal to own. He may have modified it to be that way, I don't think it's been disclosed.

There was a question asked on the news last night that didn't get answered....why are there more of these gun massacres today then there were in the past? Gun laws are more stringent today then they were 20 or 30 yrs ago.....so why now?

I literally just finished reading an article that said they found two bump stocks that effectively modify semi to full auto in his room https://www.yahoo.com/news/las-vegas-gunman-used-bump-stock-device-speed-021446529.html

I don't think anyone had the answer to the why's. Violent culture, mental illness, increased media exposure and the sick desire to go down in history probably all factor in.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read these as shots at gun control..
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I think it's more control over the people. Take our guns away and they have succeeded. My thoughts and prayers for those who have lost loved ones in this tragically sick horrific event.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Bill O'Reilly basically said EXACTLY the same thing as the first headline, but completely un-sarcastically.
This discussion has been closed.