Over 200 Club

Options

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Rose: thank you for your continuous support and motivation. You are so right, we didn't gain this weight over night and wont lose it that way either. To really see results you have to give yourself time. I know in the past I had weeks where I was triumphant and then weeks where I worked harder than ever and saw nothing! Good job!:flowerforyou:
  • harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last Friday 225.6
    Today 221.6

3 pounds is a bit frustrating considering all the exercise and all the food I have said No to, but it is progress - and it is not weight GAIN, so that is good.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Okay today weight is 261.4, I was hoping to get rid of the 60's, but next week they better watch out because I'm going to blow them outta the water, speaking of water I had 96 oz of water yesterday, good luck everyone! Keep burning those calories and drinkin that h2o!
    Okay start weight last week was 263, forgot to put that and I don't know why the edit button wouldn't come up, so that's 1.6 lbs that won't find me again!:happy:
  • abagwill
    Options
    Last Friday 225.6
    Today 221.6

3 pounds is a bit frustrating considering all the exercise and all the food I have said No to, but it is progress - and it is not weight GAIN, so that is good.

You actually lost 4 lbs total! That is SUPER good! You should be really really proud of yourself. Normal weight loss is 2 lbs a week so you doubled it! Believe in yourself lady and be really proud of that accomplishment!:drinker:
  • abagwill
    Options
    Okay today weight is 261.4, I was hoping to get rid of the 60's, but next week they better watch out because I'm going to blow them outta the water, speaking of water I had 96 oz of water yesterday, good luck everyone! Keep burning those calories and drinkin that h2o!
    Okay start weight last week was 263, forgot to put that and I don't know why the edit button wouldn't come up, so that's 1.6 lbs that won't find me again!:happy:

Hey Sara that is what I had also so everything looks good! Great job this week!:happy:
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi everyone

Here's my Friday check in

Today's weight 250 lbs
    Last week = 252 lbs
    Goal weight in 4 weeks = 240 lbs
    Eventual goal = 170 lbs

Good weekend everyone.
  • abagwill
    Options
    ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT

NEW CHALLENGE IS: The Cardio Challenge
    Beginning: 2/7/2009
    Weigh-In: 2/13/2009 (just in time for a splurge for Valentines day :love: )

Log the minutes you complete every day participating in cardiovascular exercise. The person with the most logged minutes will be our week 2 challenge winner! Keep in mind that in order for it to count you need to exert yourself. The rule of thumb is if you can maintain a conversation but you need to have your heart rate up. Going on a light stroll through the mall doesn't count because it isn't upping your heartrate. If you walked briskly through the mall, that would count! Everything goes walking, running, ellipticals, rowing, jogging, stairclimbers, dancing, workout videos etc

Don't forget to keep that water up... maintain past challenges because they can only help you!

Don't forget to ask if you have questions! Happy weekend and Great job with our first week of our challenge! You are all super rockstars!:drinker:
  • flois
    Options
    Hi amannisto

You're doing a great job here and I'm still drinking my water. :drinker: !!!!!!!!!

But I have a request .......if I may?

Would it be possible to start a new thread for the challenges or the weigh ins each week?

Hope you don't mind me asking its just that this is such a popular group and is attracting lots of fabulous posts, but I can never quite remember where I got to in reading them !! And I nearly missed the New Challenge.

How was your weigh in? Not sure if I saw it. I hope you did well, you deserve to
    Thanks again
    Luv Flo :love:
  • abagwill
    Options
    Hey Flois! Sure thing... I can make it a new topic but I like that everything is in one place also so people can look back on their progress... But I guess once you have posted, it is automatically added to "my topics" under community. So I will start a new post. It will be:

Over 200 Club: Week 2

Here is the link if it is hard to find :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39816-over-200-club-week-2-open-group

I lost 2 lbs this week from 217.5 to 215.5 lbs! I could have done better but man this week was nuts in my house!

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • MissLissa
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG.........Since last Friday I have lost...............drum roll please.........................7.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance...............................................:tongue::drinker: :tongue: :drinker:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These 15 days have not been fer nothin'!
    yay.gif Totally awesome!!! Keep it up!!
  • rosered51
    Options
    Rose: thank you for your continuous support and motivation. You are so right, we didn't gain this weight over night and wont lose it that way either. To really see results you have to give yourself time. I know in the past I had weeks where I was triumphant and then weeks where I worked harder than ever and saw nothing! Good job!:flowerforyou:

You're very welcome! I am only trying to measure up to our fearless leader!!! :laugh:

Thanks for all you do.

BTW I am adding my final day for the water challenge

Sun 02/01: 96 oz (12 cups)
    Mon 02/02: 96 oz (12 cups)
    Tue 02/03: 144 oz (18 cups)
    Wed 02/04: 120 oz (15 cups)
    Thu 02/05: 120 oz (15 cups)
    Fri 02/06: 96 oz (12 cups)

DA DA DA DA....TOTAL FOR WEEK 1 Challenge: 672 oz, that's an average of 112 oz per day! Wow thanks for this challenge amann, I totally needed to focus on my water intake, and I am sooooo totally a challenge motivated person!
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    I love the new challenge! My weigh in today went good, I lost 3 more pounds!! WoooHooo!

Jess
  • rosered51
    Options
    WTG Jess!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    I use the weight machines for legs, particularily the Hip Abduction and Hip Adduction machines. They work the inner thighs and outer thighs and bum muscles right to the tail bone practically. I also use the leg raise, flex and press machines. I use heavey weights for them except the flex and raise. The hip and press machines I do at Abduction 130 lbs, Adduction 115 lbs and 130lbs for the press. I like the hip ones they give a great workout. I credit those ones for the loss on my hips and thighs.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I guess I missed weigh in yesterday -

Here are the current stats:

SW: 278.8
    GW: 165
    CW (as of yesterday): 275.4 (since Jan 9), down 4lb since last Friday

Water has been at least 12 glasses daily

I'm really happy about the CW - I thought for sure this week I was going to break even with my weight loss. It's been a tough week and I've had a few slip ups. But I've also had a few breakthroughs because I sat down, did some research and acommodated for them.

For example, Monday night I ate way more carbs than i should have for breakfast and lunch so when it came to dinner, I was quite stuck. It's tough to get me from 2pm until bedtime without any carbs. I had about 7 to spare for that whole time period and everything I looked at was 12g or up....that was, until i found my saving grace. I had actually given up going through my cookbooks and was going to settle on something take out since i was so down about not portioning it out properly. I kept going though - one more book I told myself - and found the tastiest frittata ever. With all the protein I still had allotted, it worked out perfectly :)

This is the first time in my life I have ever not given up!!!! So proud!
  • hamilton_mom
    Options
    Ok...here's my weigh in.
    SW: Dec 19th 231
    LW: Feb 1st 217
    current W: Feb. 6th 215.3
    GW:141
    03/01:209
    04/01:201
    05/01:193

as far as water goes I drink lots somewhere around 104 oz to 120 oz a day.

138836.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • flois
    Options

Congratulations, you made it! That took real determination.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hamilton_mom
    Options
    Does anyone have any helpful hints for a non-water lover? I was a regular soda drinker (that was ALL I drank) and I just switched to diet soda after the first of the year....which was huge for me. However, I still do not love water and drinking it is a chore. I would love any suggestions. Thanks.

If you can limit the soda's that really will be the greatest start of all. Even the 0 calorie diet sodas are a road block to weight loss.

As for the water...for me I find 0 calorie LOW sodium flavored water with bubbles in it. For me it has helped me kick the soda habit. I also use fruit like lemon and lime to squeeze in the water....and some of the crystal light packages aren't all that bad either.

I've even got to a point where when we go out I order water...and actually enjoy it! But that took a lot of time
  • abagwill
    Options
    Everyone new is added and updated into our spreadsheet! :-) Great Great Great job this week everyone! You are all SO amazing!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Oops - made a mistake on my SW...LOL I was too excited to post and I just re-read it and it doesn't make any sense :embarassed:

SW: 287.8
    CW: 275.4
    I guess I missed weigh in yesterday -

Here are the current stats:

SW: 278.8
    GW: 165
    CW (as of yesterday): 275.4 (since Jan 9), down 4lb since last Friday

Water has been at least 12 glasses daily

I'm really happy about the CW - I thought for sure this week I was going to break even with my weight loss. It's been a tough week and I've had a few slip ups. But I've also had a few breakthroughs because I sat down, did some research and acommodated for them.

For example, Monday night I ate way more carbs than i should have for breakfast and lunch so when it came to dinner, I was quite stuck. It's tough to get me from 2pm until bedtime without any carbs. I had about 7 to spare for that whole time period and everything I looked at was 12g or up....that was, until i found my saving grace. I had actually given up going through my cookbooks and was going to settle on something take out since i was so down about not portioning it out properly. I kept going though - one more book I told myself - and found the tastiest frittata ever. With all the protein I still had allotted, it worked out perfectly :)