TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, it's great. I'm sure I hit 500 cal burn today. Tomorrow I'm going to put the treadmill on an incline as I didn't realize it burned that much more calories, thanks usmcwifeb15. Tomorrow is a new day, woohoo. I'm off to plan my weeks meals. Hope everyone had a fabulous day. :smile:
    SommerJo is the baby here yet?
  • rickera
    rickera Posts: 5
    Options
    Does anyone have a heart rate monitor or does anyone know how they work? I have been using iMapMyWalk on my ipod but I wasn't sure how accurate it is and I was wondering if maybe I should look into a heart rate monitor.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    No baby yet -- her contractions are about 5-7 minutes apart -- they're gonna hang out at the house for another hour and see if they get closer. She's been walking around and apparently has gone thru the baby's outfits a dozen times lol -- gotta love nesting. Thanks for asking!!!

Here's our spread sheet -- via google -- take a minute and check it out when you can -- let me know if you see issues :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkN3SRxwQ0EIdHVRUnZKaW1vSkJjMXhvbUMzNFNISnc&hl=en_US
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a heart rate monitor or does anyone know how they work? I have been using iMapMyWalk on my ipod but I wasn't sure how accurate it is and I was wondering if maybe I should look into a heart rate monitor.

I got one at Walmart for about $25. it's the watch kind -- asked for my age and gender -- which is more than my treadmill asked lol -- mine you have to press a button periodically thru out your workout -- and then it calculates my calories burned. I guess the best ones are the chest strap ones -- but they're also super expensive.

I'd say compare your rates to friends doing similar exercises. If you're 6' 200 lbs running a flat mile and you burn 2000 calories but your friend is doing the same thing -- and they only burn 300 calories -- something's prob not right :)
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    How exciting. Spreadsheet looks great to me.That's our combined weight total of 26,743.75? Wow!
  • rickera
    Options
    Thank you so much! :)
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

I have a heart rate monitor and I LOVE IT:love: . I couldn't imagine working out without it. I have a Polar F6 and I've had it for over 2 years it's fantastic but I should probably update it soon for the next one up. The way it works..... you have a watch and a chest strap, the chest strap goes under your boobs and monitors your heart rate and sends it to the watch. It let's you know how many calories you are burning based off of your height, weight, age, male or female. It's the closest thing to accurate your going to get and well worth the money. Hope this helps.:smile:
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just barely made my 500 burn today but that's almost double my normal workout!

I do have a question though... is the goal is 500 a day or 3500 by friday because friday is 5 days away and 500 x 5 days is 2500 :flowerforyou:
    Just looking for clarification...
    Thanks!:happy:
  • rickera
    Options

I have a heart rate monitor and I LOVE IT:love: . I couldn't imagine working out without it. I have a Polar F6 and I've had it for over 2 years it's fantastic but I should probably update it soon for the next one up. The way it works..... you have a watch and a chest strap, the chest strap goes under your boobs and monitors your heart rate and sends it to the watch. It let's you know how many calories you are burning based off of your height, weight, age, male or female. It's the closest thing to accurate your going to get and well worth the money. Hope this helps.:smile:

This definately helps! Thank you! :)
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Just barely made my 500 burn today but that's almost double my normal workout!

I do have a question though... is the goal is 500 a day or 3500 by friday because friday is 5 days away and 500 x 5 days is 2500 :flowerforyou:
    Just looking for clarification...
    Thanks!:happy:

It's 500 a day... so yes 2500 by Friday, but we don't get a new challenge until Monday which means we do the challenge through the weekend so it would be 3500 by Sunday. I actually messaged her to clarify this lol :happy:

Also will add that I made it to 530 today! Woohoo.. can't wait for my pole class that starts tomorrow!!! Also non-exercise related... getting a mani/pedi tomorrow and going to the BRAND NEW Trader Joe's that has FINALLY opened in my area (super duper excited about those two things!!).
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    I thought I would share my recipe for:

Fruit Shake
    406 calories per blenderful (2 ~ 16oz servings or 4 ~ 8oz servings
    203 calories per 16 oz serving
    102 calories per 8 oz serving

(mmm, mmm, like a milk shake but better)

1/2 / Banana, medium, frozen

6 ozs / Danon light and fit yogurt, any flavor (80 calories)

1 scoop / Jillian Michaels~natural whey protein powder, vanilla

1 cup / Silk soy milk organic unsweetened

1 Cup / Dole, Mixed Fruit Wildly Nutritious Signature Blends - Sliced Strawberries, Pineapple, Peaches and Mango

1/2 cup / filtered tap water

Put all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth.

ENJOY!

* Add more water for thinner consistency
    **One whole medium banana is 105 calories and adds 52 more calories per recipe

August 10LB Challenge

Challenge start weight ~ 213.9

Week 1 ~ 8/1 thru 8/8
    500 calories burned each day / GOAL 3500 cals burned

M/ 840 ~ 65 minutes ~ circuit training
    Tu/
    W/
    Th/
    F/
    Sa/
    Su/
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It's 500 a day... so yes 2500 by Friday, but we don't get a new challenge until Monday which means we do the challenge through the weekend so it would be 3500 by Sunday. I actually messaged her to clarify this lol :happy:

Thanks!!! That clears it up for me! and Congrats on hitting your 500!
  • velisha
    velisha Posts: 21
    Options
    YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!..this is so cool TEAM PURPLE we have our own message board
  • trtlpower
    Options
    I went for a bike ride this morning for 40 minutes and then went to the gym with my sister and did the elliptical! I got my burn on today finally and it feels great!

I can't wait to see how we all do!

Keep up the great work!
    :flowerforyou:
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I think I'm about to hit up Insanity...i think :ohwell: I don't know if I'm ready for it yet. Lol I still have to run 2 miles today. Hmmmm....maybe I will run now instead of later. It is certainly is cooler at 5:30am then at 6pm lol Either way, I'm going to get in my 500 and make up for yesterday. Good luck everyone! Go purple!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So I did a workout today that burned 501 calories, but I ate some of that back, so I"m going to go get into some Zumba. I just bought the game for Wii, I'm excited!

Well done to everyone for a RAD first 2 days. We're the shizzzz...
  • start_on_monday
    Options
    BUMP
  • start_on_monday
    Options
    I didn't see the challenge until 3.30pm yesterday, I was like OMG.. I didnt know how to burn extra calories. I have my dad and step mum visiting and my daughters off school. We went furniture shopping round this huge department store, so I got walking in for a couple of hours, so that burned some calories, so when I seen the challenge I managed to burn about 140 on the wii and then got them to watch my daughter at night so I could go a 30 minute walk, that took me up to my 500, I didnt realise how hard it was when you have other people in and around your house, just to get the me time to burn 500.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It is hard when you've got busy days, Start_on_Monday, I agree! I guess it's about fitting in as much as you can manage, like you did today, and finding the things to do that really make that time count. (I like kickboxing DVDs to rack up big calorie burns fast).

Well done for getting the 500, and good luck for the rest of the week!
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hooo - my air-resistance stationary bike: 25 min @ >21 MPH = 500 cal