The rudest people!

Options

Replies

• tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I actually had a stranger rub my belly and ask me when i was due. The thing i hate about people asking me if i am pregnant is they feel really bad when i tell them that i am just fat. I feel bad for them. Honestly, it has to stop. That's why i'm here at mfp. This happens to me on a daily basis. When i look in the mirror, i do look pregnant. If i was a stranger, i would ask my due date too. I had one women feel so bad that she she apolgized to me the whole day. She couldn't stop thinking about it. I felt so bad. Oh well. I'm here at mfp now. Good luck everyone at mfp!
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I used to get eye rolls from flight attendants when I would ask for a seatbelt extender. I have big hips, whether I'm overweight or not. I can't help it!
    It’s their job to oblige these requests. Shame them on twitter. That creates a PR mess.

I had a particularly horrible experience with a flight attendant on a United flight from Tokyo to San Francisco a few years ago. I went to Twitter and blasted that guy, even tagged United and put the flight number, and that I was sitting in Economy Plus so they would know who it was. United did nothing. That was the only bad experience I've had with United. I still prefer to fly them over any other airline. Probably because I fly coast to coast or overseas and they have more direct flights from Washington DC than any other airline.
    That sucks. I would imagine such things go viral these days. My wife’s weight has fluctuated over the years. And she is 5 10 and has big hip structure.... we always fly first class and the hostesses are generally respectful.

When I used to fly alone, non-business... I took economy coz first class is always outrageous, and I have seen rotten flight staff. Esp. to bigger folks. In international flights, the seats are bigger. American planes are designed strangely smaller with a big baggage space.

I find this strange since it has been reported that the national American size average is like 12-14 for women. Some of the seats on flights if you're bigger than a 4 you're not going to be comfortable. Unfortunately, I will never be a 4. My hips will never allow it.

If I could afford to fly first class I would. My job sure as hell won't pay for it when I travel for work. They wouldn't upgrade me to business class when I had a 14 hour flight direct into Tokyo. Flying first class is on my bucket list.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    tuolon wrote: »
    I actually had a stranger rub my belly and ask me when i was due. The thing i hate about people asking me if i am pregnant is they feel really bad when i tell them that i am just fat. I feel bad for them. Honestly, it has to stop. That's why i'm here at mfp. This happens to me on a daily basis. When i look in the mirror, i do look pregnant. If i was a stranger, i would ask my due date too. I had one women feel so bad that she she apolgized to me the whole day. She couldn't stop thinking about it. I felt so bad. Oh well. I'm here at mfp now. Good luck everyone at mfp!

lol I agree that is very awkward. I have never had a person just come up and touch my belly even when I was noticeably pregnant. I had people ask me if they could touch it, very few, but I would probably lose my cool if a stranger came up to me and touched me or my belly without permission. I just feel like it's a very rude and inconsiderate thing to do whether you are or aren't pregnant.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

As someone who hates being touched by people I don't know, I would never ever touch a pregnant woman's belly if I didn't know her. And I would never make a comment unless I knew for sure she was pregnant. I've seen heavier women not look pregnant, and some look pregnant. It's such a touchy subject.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

As someone who hates being touched by people I don't know, I would never ever touch a pregnant woman's belly if I didn't know her. And I would never make a comment unless I knew for sure she was pregnant. I've seen heavier women not look pregnant, and some look pregnant. It's such a touchy subject.

Agree, I won't say congratulations to women in my office that are pregnant unless they say something to me or I hear it from someone I trust. And there's no way I would be rubbing the belly of someone that isn't family or a good friend. I don't comment on people's bodies in general because it's touchy. Others might like getting comments on their weight loss, but I don't like getting them so I don't say anything.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    My 6 year old stepson looked at me serious as can be and said "I know how much you weigh 200 pounds" not saying 200 pounds is an insult to some people but I'm naturally small so I was highly offended even though he's only 6. I'm 5'4 130 pounds and I've been dieting for 3 months now so I did feel discouraged that it hasn't looked like I lost that much. Also when I was like 12 weeks pregnant I wore a dress and my stepson straight out told me "you look fat in that dress." Mind you I didn't start showing until 6 months along.

if I took offense to every comment a child made about me, i'd be on a psych hold. he's a child and has no clue what 200 lbs even means.

Right? I’ll put stock into what a 6 year old days NEVER. Why anyone would is far beyond me. Even the most brilliant and gifted 6 year old practically needs a helmet.

My 6yo asked me this weekend if I am having a baby.
    Yay for beer belly
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    What sort of person rubs a strangers belly tho? lol. That's an awkwardly forward and familiar thing to do. But that aside, yeah that's why I'm here too. Done being fat. Good luck on your journey.

I agree with this. Even if I were pregnant, DON'T TOUCH ME
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've had people tell me to stop losing weight because I'm already so thin. lol okay tell that to my 30 lb overweight *kitten*.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I only remember one time, at a pub I think, this guy looked at me and said something along the lines of "you're too fat" or whatnot, I laughed and said "you should have seen me last year!" and moved on with my life. At least he had the guts to say it to my face, I do appreciate that.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I’ve never had anyone say anything mean to me on purpose regarding my weight. I was once congratulated on my pregnancy when I wasn’t pregnant. Perhaps it was because I was carrying too much weight or it could have been because I had just had my gallbladder out and they blow your tummy up like a balloon. Either way it wasn’t a nice feeling.

I have however witnessed some very hurtful things with a good friend of mine. Someone told her she was too fat to ride the roller coaster. And she wasn’t. Another time she was told they don’t sell clothes for “people like her”. She wasn’t even in the store for herself. She was called a whale once and told to stop eating when we were in a restaurant. It hurts my heart how mean people can be to other people. We all have feelings and we don’t know another’s situation so who are we to judge.

Some people just love to be mean. IMO it says more about the people who said those things, than it does your friend
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    @ the gym and a guy told me to hurry the f up and stop playing on the elliptical and hit the yoga room. Rude as hell. I was on that thing sweating bullets for 40mins and on fat burn mode. There's no way that was playing around. So I flipped him the bird and continued with my work out while dying inside from how hard it was

he was hitting on you

good response tho'
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well people in my family start calling the person who has gained a bit of holiday weight cow like hey cow pass me that etc until that person loses the extra pounds. I know that’s always motivated me to lose weight if I ever gained a little heavy. It has always worked for us. No fatties in my family or cousins. We keep each other in check
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Adults don't say anything but kids do my brothers kids always say your belly is big your squishy, like kid I know lol
  • QueenInTheNorthA
    QueenInTheNorthA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I was super skinny I've had people tell me to "*kitten* eat a burger"
    As I developed I grew muscle and filled out to a normal weight and my father said I was getting fat because I wasn't as "skinny" as before.
  • Angall08
    Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    elizarizo wrote: »
    Adults don't say anything but kids do my brothers kids always say your belly is big your squishy, like kid I know lol

Kids are always brutally honest. I hope mine never say things like that to anyone.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I nominate @abetterme9366