7/10/17 Rest Day walk 3 km
    6/10/17 Run 8.5 km
    5/10/17 Run 7 km
    4/10/17 Run 7 km
    3/10/17 Run 9 km
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I have to ask... what pack do you have? Would a bottle fit in the sleeves on the front? Does the pack bounce at all?

I have an Osprey Raptor currently, which I like - it is a bicycling pack and does not bounce at all. It fits a 3L hydration reservoir and the bit valve has a magnet to attach to the sternum strap for quick on/off. However, I want to packs for next year that have space in the back for stuff (first aid kit, BG meter, snacks, wallet, keys, headlamp, etc) with water bottles in the front. I'm thinking it might be nice to have a pack without all of the weight in the back, so putting water bottles in front would work for that.

If anyone else has a suggestion of good packs that can convert betweeen a hydration bladder and front/chest water bottles or both at once if I really want to add on some weight... but not really because I'd just bring a filter to get water from streams for such length.... I'm open to suggestions. I'm hoping to start increasing distance on trail runs next year, so fortunately I have several months to mull it over and do some research.

Side-note: I don't know why, but I normally drink a ton of water. Even on short runs around town, I'm always carrying a 20 oz. water bottle and will go through about 5 oz. per mile. On most trails in my area, I can get by with 1 or 2 bottles sized 16 oz.-20 oz. because there are streams, lakes/ponds frequently. There are a few, however, where I take the 3L reservoir because of a lack of access to water. I am just looking for a pack for those other trails and to distribute weight more evenly between front and back.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    10/1: 5.16km
    10/2: 5.17km
    10/3: 4.03km
    10/4: Rest
    10/5: 4.52km
    10/6: 1.54km
    10/7: 5.10km
    10/8: 4.27km
    10/9: Rest
    10/10: 4.09km
    10/11: Rest
    10/12: Rest
    10/13: Rest
    10/14: 6.58km

Work has been my main obstacle this week, but it was expected - glad it's out of the way so I can hit those last 20kms now!

October goal - 40.46/60 kms
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    exercise.png[\img]
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Made it. 3:55 marathon. First and last. I do a race report later. Very happy and very appreciative of the support from all of you.

YAY!!! Well done!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Oct 14 Chick-Fil-A 5K in Sanford NC. Finished 2nd in 40 and above age group. Missed getting my free chick-fil-a for a year by one spot, but finished 5 min behind the winner, so I wasn't really all that close. He had me by nine years in age, so I am not too disappointed. Most frustrating thing about the day is they measured the course short by .2 miles, so I don't know what my time over a true 5K would have been. I was 21:47 over the 2.9 mile distance so I think I could have finished somewhere around 23:30 which would have been a PR for me by 30 secs. Oh well, I still had fun.

Well done! "still had fun" is the real key here. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    10i5czgqinus.jpg

What is the deal with the facepaint?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 It's a Nathan Moxy Women's. I don't notice it bouncing. The one pocket will fit a water bottle but I use it for my phone. The other side I don't think would. I use it for gels, vaseline, money etc. There's also a pocket on the back with a clip for keys. I've also put my phone in the back when it's raining but then I can't pull it out and change what I'm listening to as easily.

And yes, I take it on every run. Even short runs. My throat gets really dry. I just vary how much water I fill it with.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    10i5czgqinus.jpg

What is the deal with the facepaint?

It's sunblock war paint... Fight against melanoma

Oh! Awesome! :)

MIght have to do my SPAM tomorrow at this point. :disappointed: Too much work yet to do