New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So I bought these Fiber Gourmet Thinables cookies off Linda's Diet Delites for $1.99 (not too bad, but I noticed Netrition.com has them even cheaper for $0.79 right now) and honestly I'm very impressed! I was a bit hesitant at first to try these cookies because I expected them to be dry, thin, oversized, flavorless crackers with a few splotches of cinnamon that would be too overpowering on a tasteless cracker. However, it turned out to be more like a shortbread cookie! It reminded me of those Lorna Doone shortbread cookies I used to eat as a kid; it has a soft, buttery mouthfeel. Definitely will be getting more, although for having 15 grams of fiber they're really not as filling as I had expected (but then again, my stomach is a black hole which is why I must stay holding myself accountable for calorie counting haha)
    t612y3ck2b71.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Went to Denny’s for the cranberry orange pancakes. It looks like baby vomit and as long as you’re not thinking about the pulp in orange juice it’s pretty good, but for 710 calories for a short stack of two it’s definitely not as good as ihop’s pancakes in my opinion (or even their new fluffier original pancakes are which I think shine on their own without all the glaze)
    cki88my3mcae.jpeg

When I scrolled past this I thought it was melted cheese....looks disgusting and not worth 710 calories wow.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Epic has some really good pork rinds. I tried the pepper ones and they were delish!

yes! they're so good
  • BootyfulBikerZX10r
    BootyfulBikerZX10r Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1829ysx81co4.jpg

Im obsessed with Power Crunch bars (red velvet, vanilla, peanut butter) and Ghost (milk Chocolate) protein oh and Performix Iridium protein Fruity Crunch (has those little marshmallows in it that taste like Lucky Charms). I love FlapJacked buttermilk pancakes. Im a big girl I love flavor and love to eat. These items have helped me lose weight I haven't binged or had any cravings. Making losing weight possible. If you have a little extra cash flow its worth it.

I FORGOT HALO TOP ice-cream!!! Cookie Dough and Vanilla Bean, boom.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The kashi bowl looks pretty good, I'll give it a try. Seems like a good choice for the days I don't fast.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The new Mystery Oreos definitely taste like Froot Loops!

The Fruity Crisp out a few years ago reminded me more of Fruity Pebbles.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    The new Mystery Oreos definitely taste like Froot Loops!

The Fruity Crisp out a few years ago reminded me more of Fruity Pebbles.
    Exactly what I said ! Not a huge fan of them give me some chocolate pistachio or chocolate cashew
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So I bought these Fiber Gourmet Thinables cookies off Linda's Diet Delites for $1.99 (not too bad, but I noticed Netrition.com has them even cheaper for $0.79 right now) and honestly I'm very impressed! I was a bit hesitant at first to try these cookies because I expected them to be dry, thin, oversized, flavorless crackers with a few splotches of cinnamon that would be too overpowering on a tasteless cracker. However, it turned out to be more like a shortbread cookie! It reminded me of those Lorna Doone shortbread cookies I used to eat as a kid; it has a soft, buttery mouthfeel. Definitely will be getting more, although for having 15 grams of fiber they're really not as filling as I had expected (but then again, my stomach is a black hole which is why I must stay holding myself accountable for calorie counting haha)
    t612y3ck2b71.jpeg

ooo these look good. I want to try those thinables coffee cake crisps that I posted yesterday too.

These look really good. I am a gingerbread fanatic so I will try if I see Quaker-Limited-Edition-Gingerbread-Spice-Chewy-Snowday-Granola-Bars.jpg?resize=526%2C600&ssl=1

and OMG you guys were right the cookie butter oreos are TO DIE FOR. Very dangerous. I love how the base is a graham cracker like cookie. I wish they would use that base for more flavors I think it would be a hit. They could even do more pie flavors with it. I wish they would do a chocolate with pistachio filling or a chocolate oreo with cashew filling.

s-l300.jpg Not my pic but I think we all know what these look like now LOL

This is also coming out this year

th?id=OIP.-OFpxXCOUJ4dAud_xvtPvwD6D6&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Quaker is also supposed to have a Ginger oatmeal.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited October 2017
    Options
    a2wolo-protein-bar-wanderbar-peanut-butter-road-tripper.png?4253540436432847081
    Tried this bar I got. Only 210 calories and really big. The peanut butter topping was very tasty but the bar ad a slight "protein bar" taste that reminded me of the way protein bars used to taste 10 years ago when they were the worst things ever lol. I tasted it first two bites but then didnt taste it and the bar grew on me. Nice peanut butter taste, but not really chocolatey at all. Not what you think of when you think of chocolate pb flavor more of peanut butter chocolate chip.

Overall not bad. Probably wouldn't buy unless they were on sale though. The base reminded me of those caramel popcorn kashi bars anyone remember those? mbvr6mpavhi6.jpg
    tfftdarb1ra8.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited October 2017
    Options
    t612y3ck2b71.jpeg

ooo these look good. I want to try those thinables coffee cake crisps that I posted yesterday too.

These look really good. I am a gingerbread fanatic so I will try if I see Quaker-Limited-Edition-Gingerbread-Spice-Chewy-Snowday-Granola-Bars.jpg?resize=526%2C600&ssl=1

and OMG you guys were right the cookie butter oreos are TO DIE FOR. Very dangerous. I love how the base is a graham cracker like cookie. I wish they would use that base for more flavors I think it would be a hit. They could even do more pie flavors with it. I wish they would do a chocolate with pistachio filling or a chocolate oreo with cashew filling.

s-l300.jpg Not my pic but I think we all know what these look like now LOL

This is also coming out this year

th?id=OIP.-OFpxXCOUJ4dAud_xvtPvwD6D6&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Quaker is also supposed to have a Ginger oatmeal.

OMG YESSSS I will be trying them both lol. Love the idea of life gingerbead because not many companies go for the gingerbread cereal. Will definitely be getting it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    :p

LOL what brand is selling these?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    LOVE the cheddar ones! They are like a very very thin rice cake. Mozaics_Cheddar_3.5oz_bag_99a126a0-e3b4-43ae-89ca-13b60e35c20d_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1496169530

I mainly like them because I can eat a whole entire huge 3.5oz bag for only 350 calories lol. The smaller 1 portion bags are a good size too and only 80 calories. Pretty good for how low calorie they are. Better than quaker rice crisps and other ones I've tried. Loved the sour cream too but the cheddar is my favorite. Didn't like the BBQ like I said before, too weird with the pea flavor.

thgl6fnu1pr5.png
    Loved all the other cookies from them so was really disapointed in these and the snickerdoodle. Both of them were not very good. The pumpkin was VERY bland and boring with a hint of pumpkin spice flavor and strong nutmeg. It was really lacking in the pumpkin flavor and cinnamon. Basically tasted like a bland dough with some pumpkin pie slice and nutmeg. Didn't like at all. (And I LOVE pumpkin things)

Snickerdoodle is my favorite type of cookie and did not really like these. They were just okay. They were nice and soft but not very sweet at all. I was hoping for a really nice thick cinnamon sugar coating (similar to lenny larry) but it was non existent. Nothing I would buy or waste calories on. The other ones I tried were amazing compared to these. The base for these two were different as well. I could tell it was the same base which I really didn't like. WOW-Gluten-Free-Snickerdoodle-Cookies-Packaged.jpg

So my favorite was in order white chocolate cranberry, white chocolate key lime pie, oregon oatmeal, chocolate chip, lemon burst, toffee peanut butter, peanut butter, snickerdoodle pumpkin pie.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    21mhlle.jpg
    These are pretty good. They don't taste too much like pecan pie as the syrup has a pretty distinct maple flavor, but they're yummy. The serving size is 2 for 380 calories, but I only eat one at a time for 190 to cut calories a bit.

5d8bc.png
    These were nothing special. Tasted like your standard vanilla ice cream cone, maybe a little sweeter but nothing about it screamed "Twinkie" to me.

351zqr6.jpg
    At first taste, I thought this was delicious. But it has a strange chemical aftertaste that I'm not a fan of.
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    L&L cookies are garbage, both in taste and macros
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have a love/hate relationship with L&L. If I really want a cookie, I feel more responsible if I eat a L&L cookie than completely empty-calorie cookies. If I'm not jonesing for a cookie fix, though, agreed that L&L is a poor substitution for a standard protein bar.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

They were awesome to me when I had been deprived of real cookies for a while, lol! But I hear you.

I still like a couple flavors but not enough to buy them.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think L&L has some great flavors, but a lot of them aren't very good. Double Choc is great imo, and pb is passable. The rest not so much. Macros are awful though -- 25 cals per g of protein is just too high.