Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @rachelbachel32 - hope you feel better today. Sounds like you are doing a great job on the house - all that work must be a good gym substitute!

@Rachel0778 - hope the Crossfit testing and the house move go well!

@Momofthree224 - getting out of bed for anything at 5.30 isn't easy in my view! Hope today is good to you.

@jdelaroy - hope your mother in law is ok.

Having a very uninspired week here. On the plus side, I closed out my diary yesterday in the green - challenge is to be able to do it again today. We are suddenly in the middle of potty training with Alistair - very unexpected and he's doing really well. But he has realised that it's a great excuse to be able to get out of bed in the evening - it's making an already challenging bedtime routine exhausting. My husband was putting him to bed last night and normally has the patience of a saint with him - but there was one too many bathroom trips last night and I got summoned to take over. I somehow then got lucky and had him asleep in about 5 minutes. All of this put husband in a foul mood for the rest of the night and I couldn't drag him out of it so it ended up being a fairly grumpy household all round by the time we gave up and went to bed!!

Hope you all have a good day :)
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    I think I am finally back to being focused on my food tracking. I kind of got lost for a bit. We had a huge Halloween party last weekend and I know I went over food wise. But as a host I was bouncing around quite a bit so there was lots of walking and moving. It was so much fun :).

This weekend we are going to a Halloween festival. It is over 2 hours away from where we live but I am really looking forward to it!!!! I just hope I can embrace some self control lol.

I don't feel as bad seeing other people have struggling days too. I am just waiting for today to be over. Really do not want to be at work anymore today...
  • Momofthree224
    Momofthree224 Posts: 11 Member
    Walked the dogs two days in a row! My daughter is trying to make her high school swim team so we've been to the pool to swim laps a couple times this week. When I'm comfy on the couch, it's hard to remember how good it feels to be moving. I went to Chili's for lunch with a friend yesterday and had half a meal with none of the high calorie fixin's. My husband enjoyed the leftovers and I was able to finish the day in the green. I seem to have pretty good control over the weekday menu & schedule but the weekends are a big challenge. I am so excited for Halloween and all the activities we've got coming up but I could do without all the treats!

@kmshover Have a great time at the Halloween festival!

@janetay01 I feel for ya! Potty training my son was such a challenge! Hang in there!
  • kmshover
    @Momofthree224 weekends are a struggle for me too. So many family things go on, we go out to eat. I just try to remember to be more active.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @Momofthree224 It sounds like you're on a roll, keep up the great work!

@kmshover Halloween parties are hard since there is always so much good food and candy! I hope you have a great time at the festival

@janetay01 He was grumpy that you got the kid to bed right away? I'd be worshipping the ground you walk on!

@rachelbachel32 You're doing an amazing job reaching your goals! It sounds like you were plenty active over the weekend, even without exercise

I'm completely exhausted. I had a breakdown last night about the house and am super stressed out about moving in 2 days. It's actually been easier to stay on plan since I feel guilty every time I spend a dollar so I'm only eating my stocked up freezer food in the house since I need to work to rebuild my savings account after the house down deposit. I just feel like I'm in a constant state of panic. I can barely focus on work or anything!

On a happier note, Crossfit testing is going great. I tried bench pressing for the first time in ages and did 100lbs so I felt pretty accomplished! I also got a free Bod Pod analysis through my work so I'm interested to see how my lean muscle mass changes after a year or two of doing Crossfit.

Wish me luck on surviving the rest of this week in one piece!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,301 Member
    Rachel0778, moving in one of the major stressors on the stress list, just do your best & congrats on the bench press
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @rachel0778 - hang in there, you are so close and it will be great once you are moved in. Hubby was pleased that I had got him to sleep but was feeling a little bit of a 'useless dad' (his words not mine) because he had 'failed to get him to sleep'!

@Momofthree224 - well done on getting those dogs out! It is definitely hard to remember how good it feels to move sometimes - there are days when I have to kick myself to do something but I always feel good after it. Had a slightly better bedtime with Alistair last night - he is doing really well with the whole experience but it has turned him into a complete monkey at bedtime!!

So glad it's Friday! Going swimming with Alistair both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Have bought him a decent pair of swimming goggles in the hope that it will keep the water out of his eyes - if we can do this, I think swimming will be a far better experience for him. Then we have my aunt and uncle coming over on Sunday afternoon to babysit in the evening whilst we get out for a meal together - really looking forward to it. Hope the weekend treats everyone well :)
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    I know what you mean Darklords, I log everything and keep within the calories allowed, have cut back on fat but in the last 2 weeks, the weight is going up instead of down (only 2,4 lbs but still!)...its hard to keep a positive attitude...i sometimes Wonder if our bodies don't just want to stay at a certain weight..
  • Tormaj1
    Tormaj1 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi. I would love to join your motivation group as it is the one think I am so lacking in. That and will power. As a type1 diabetic on an Insulin pump you would think that I could loose the weight but thoes dam carbs call to me! That and every other complication that comes with diabetes I seem to have it. Need friends to kick my add! In a nice way
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Oh my gosh, Thank you everyone for the well wishes and concern. My MIL is doing much better. It ended up being the beginning stage of Pneumonia. So glad I listened to my instincts on Friday and got her in. She was in the hospital until Monday. They then decided she needed some physical rehab work done. So she is in a nursing home for a couple of weeks.

My son and I both started feeling crappy (colds) on Monday. By Tuesday he was running a fever and it hasn't gone away. I took him to the doctor's Thursday, found out he had a sinus infection. Issues with my health insurance, and dealing with him and I both being sick has not been fun.

Plus my dog strained a muscle the week before, and took him to the vets, the Thursday night before MIL had to go to the hospital. He was on as much rest as we possibly could get him to do. Do you know how hard it is to keep a 9 month old yellow lab from running around?

My MIL dog is also missing her really bad, he was listless and would barely eat. He has been super clingy to me.

All of this and the BF was having a killer work week. He worked 4 16 hour shifts and no days off for the last 2 weeks, and has to work at least another week before he gets a day off. So not much help there.

Luckily my oldest daughter has been a God send. She has helped keep an eye on the kids and made dinner for three of the last 5 nights. I will have to do something special for her.

Needless to say, I didn't track my calories, ate a bunch of ice cream (helped with the sore throat, that's my story and I am sticking to it.) chocolate, and didn't get much exercise. I wish stress, and sickness burned a lot of calories.

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Hey, fitness pals! I've been tracking for the past week or so and most days sticking to the deficit. Went for 3 hikes this week, feeling healthy, getting my 8h sleep, drinking a lot of water. :) However, had a binge and been going out, which adds the alcohol calories and snacks, eh.. Need to make a plan for nights out, cause I do like the student lifestyle and my rose, especially living in France, but it sets me back, which is not good.

Overall, life is busy, but I'm sloooowly getting back in the routine. My body looks the same as at the end of the summer when I was at my lowest, got that 1cm off, so now need to shift the rest. Only one major problem, been craving a lot of salty things, so I'm constantly bloated, really need a salt detox
    Have a good weekend everybody! <3
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Started keto about two months ago and I just guessed that I had lost 20-30 pounds in two months. I started weighing in a few days ago, and the caloric deficit from what I would need to maintain my weight with my activity level seems to be spot on for what the scale is telling me. I may have actually lost more than 30 pounds when I wasn't weighing.

Going on the last four days, I have been losing an average of 0.79 pounds per day. High-fat diet+10 minutes of exercise a day=nearly a pound lost every 24 hours, and the 10 minutes of exercise has only been going on for the last two days. The keto gods must like me! B)
  • Evamutt
    so sorry to hear all that jdelaroy, one of my sons has had a sinus infection for 2 weeks now. So glad you're MIL is getting better & I do know how hard it is to keep a young/high energy dog calm. I'm doing ok, so far it's been very difficult to keep my weight stable at 150, some days it goes to 151 or 152 but it always took a while for whatever loss to be consistant. I'm not really complaining as I started out at 198. It's just been too hard to eat at that much of a deficit to lose 10 more lbs. I do eat at least a 250+ deficit most days. Also I had an uncomfortable feeling of feeling my heart beating a while back. After labs & Dr visit, she said I was fine & should probable stop doing the HIIT class at gym so I did but on Oct 11, I talked to my trainer & went to the class but really modified it & went more easy. Well the symtoms came back & it took a whole week for it to disapear. Yesterday, I exercised at home & went longer than usual & I have mild symtoms so i don't know if I should persue this or just don't work out as hard. I had a treadmill/echo last dec & Dr said I'm good. It sure was great working out hard for 3 months before it all started, but I'm not a youngun anymore either. I'll have to think it thru
  • kmshover
    @jdelaroy glad your MIL is doing better. My MIL has a lot of health issues too along with the beginning stages of dementia. We have our hands full some days. I have a German Shepherd so I know All about the struggles of keeping an active dog calm. She was 4 months old when we got her fixed, poor thing lived in a cage for about 2 weeks so she wouldn't run or jump. She is 6 years now and so much more calm. Best dog we have ever had for sure. Sinus infections and cold have been going around here too. Somehow I have avoided it. Not sure how that happened.

The Halloween Festival was great!!!! We had a blast. I was really looking forward to fair food. There was not any traditional fair food so we ended up walking across town to a restaurant and had a nice meal. I even went through a haunted house with my husband which is not something I have not done in the 16 years we been together (super claustrophobic) and it was great!!!!!! I wanna go to another one!!!!!

Today I am going wedding dress shopping with my sister. She is getting married in June. Going to a fancy grilled cheese place afterwards. I try to stay away from cheese cause of intestinal issues :(

Told hubby I might need to make a Dr appointment tomorrow. I get diverticulitis flare ups and think I am on the edge of one. I have been hospitalized for this so many times and trying to avoid that. I had hoped eating a high fiber diet would help. So frustrating.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    I am happily moved in and unpacked. I ate like complete garbage and feel like complete garbage but at least the move is over! I packed a big salad for lunch and am planning on hitting up Crossfit after work so I can re-establish my regular routine again.

This move really highlighted the differences between me and my SO. I was 100% packed, ready to go, and organized. I am also almost 100% unpacked and I know where everything is. He still has crap at the old place he needs to bring over, has barely started unpacking, and has no idea where anything is. He's a major procrastinator. Thank goodness we have a man cave in the new house I threw all of his boxed into so I don't have to look at it while he sorts through things. If he wants to live out of boxes for the next year that is his problem, he's just not allowed to move those boxes into common areas with the promise that he'll "sort through them later". I already put a hard veto on that! It felt so nice this morning to get ready in my already unpacked closet and make coffee in my organized kitchen and eat breakfast on my box free dining room set. I'm so glad I got it all done over the weekend and don't have to worry about it!

@kmshover Glad the Halloween festival went well! I absolutely love haunted houses. So sorry to hear about your flare up. I hope you don't need to be hospitalized!

@Evamutt It might be worth following up with a cardiologist again, that sounds VERY concerning!

@sgtx81 Congrats on the loss!

@gymprincess1234 I always find that when I eat higher sodium foods its hard to go right back to lower sodium options so I tend to wean myself off of it, but I know the feeling!

@jdelaroy Holy cow do you have your hands full! I'm so glad your daughter has been able to help out.

Welcome @Tormaj1 !

@janetay01 How was the weekend of swimming and date night?
  • Momofthree224
    Had an outstanding weekend - stayed in the green, remembered to log everything, and spent plenty of time outside with the kids. Playing basketball and throwing the football around with my son helped balance out a few little treats here & there. I even got my 11 yo daughter to play basketball with us instead of vegetating on the couch. That's practically a miracle.

This week will be madness trying to get everyone where they need to be for sports and school-related activities. Hopefully I'll have time to prepare the meals I've planned so we don't have to resort to fast food. The rescue asked me to take a foster dog again this week, but I just cannot make it work. I really miss the puppies and the other volunteers, but my hubby is happy to have a more stable home life and the kids need to be the priority. I lost sight of that before and everyone was unhappy.

@Rachel0778 How did the move go???

@jdelaroy Also glad to hear your MIL is doing better. Hope everyone else is feeling better and things are going well with your pup. I've cared for numerous dogs and pups after surgeries - mentally stimulating things like food puzzle toys and obedience training can help.

@kmshover So glad you had fun at the festival! Hope you can avoid a flare up.

@Evamutt Sorry to hear about your episodes following workouts. Maybe you can start with small or light workouts that don't cause your symptoms and add duration or intensity, backing off when symptoms occur?

@sgtx81 Keep up the good work!!!

@gymprincess1234 Congrats on all your efforts & good luck finding balance with your busy life!

@Tormaj1 Welcome to the group! I can empathize...carbs are my nemesis!

Have a good day everyone!
  • Momofthree224
    @Rachel0778 Congrats on being moved in and unpacked! Must be a huge relief! Perhaps all men are the same? 11 years in our current house and my husband STILL has two boxes in the basement that are not unpacked from our move. Once every year or two, he sifts through them when he's looking for something. I've offered to drop them off at Good Will or Green Drop, but he insists that he needs whatever is in them.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @Rachel0778 Woo hoo glad you are all settled into the new house and unpacked. It sounds just like my move, except my BF is even more motivated than I am.

@Momofthree224 Great job on the weekend. Good for you for saying no when you know it isn't right for you right now.

Well, I think my son is finally feeling better, and I am mostly better. The dogs limp has seemed to go away.

I slept half the afternoon away yesterday and am so glad that I did. My weight has continued to go up, but today I actually feel like I am ready to work on this again.

Happy Monday all.
  • kmshover
    From 630am to 130pm was spent in the ER today. I was hoping to just get some meds and be able to go in to work later...... They ended up giving me pain meds which helped but knocked me out. I told them what antibiotics I normally take for this... They gave me something totally different. So I still went to my pcp which I should have done in the first place. Have an official appointment with him tomorrow and he called in the right meds for me. I am exhausted.... And do calories still count if you throw up everything you ate??? Haven't kept much of anything down.
  • Evamutt
    So glad you're in your house Rachel0778, I hate moving, it does give you a chance to go thru all your stuff tho. What an awful day kmshover, I'm sorry. Hope you get those meds out of your system & start feeling normal again.
    I can relate momofthree224, I was a mom of 4 & remember those days of rushing around for the kids. I finally went to volunteer at my rescue. It felt so good. We can't take any fosters now either. We have 6 dogs, 4 of whom were our fosters before we adopted them. A new dog always disrupts your pack & takes time/work to settle in. Maybe you can volunteer once in a while, when you have a little time & want to. I'm doing ok. Went to work out yesterday. 18min mile on treadmill, 80cal on rowing machine, weights & 3 exercise machines, then swam for 15min & I was fine. It's those intense non stop classes that I don't think I can do anymore.