Diet Sodas?

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I really have to try Diet A&W. Its highly promoted. So it's either really good or a lot of people work for them, :). Either way, I am down.

It's very good. My non-milk drink of choice in the evening when I don't want caffeine.
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero (even the new Coke Zero Sugar) is the bomb :) but it definitely triggers me to eat everything I can find. I don't have this reaction with much smaller amounts of artificial sweeteners such as in my coffee or water flavoring drops.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    hughjazz74 wrote: »
    Coke Zero (even the new Coke Zero Sugar) is the bomb :) but it definitely triggers me to eat everything I can find. I don't have this reaction with much smaller amounts of artificial sweeteners such as in my coffee or water flavoring drops.

Coke Zero Sugar is even better than Coke Zero was. They totally dialed it in.
    It's never made me hungry before though. In fact, I've drank it between meals to curb hunger.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My apologies for linking the wrong study. I hope I did clarify that there were two cancer scares, neither substantiated, two artificial sweeteners. I like picking up Saccharine when I can find it. Too bad it got a bad rap.
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

It's never made me hungry before though. In fact, I've drank it between meals to curb hunger.

Yes, it rules and... Interesting...well, ya, it could also be my food addiction triggering me and not the Coke Zero. :)

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Way better.
  • stormcrow2
    stormcrow2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You are right im relating the two. My other post was saying sugars, i include them together Sugars/Sweetners) shouldn't but i do. Neither one are probably at all related sugar, aspartame and my personal fat loss but because it happened its kept me continuing what i'm doing. Just an interesting read below:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/

How many people have you seen walking around with a double bacon cheeseburger and the largest french fry available...but it's all good because they're drinking a diet soda? I've seen lots...

I hear this all the time, and I know everyone rolls their eyes at me for doing this, but if my calorie limit just barely allows my most-favoritest Whataburger lunch every so often (and as it is, I'm sacrificing the mayo for cheese and skipping breakfast), no way am I going to waste any of those calories on full-sugar soda when the diet version still brings me joy (JOY, I tell you!), and I don't know why this particular meal-ordering phenomenon is so vexing to people.

If someone could come up with a zero-calorie bacon cheeseburger, I'd order that, too.

agreed. Swapping diet soda for regular is an easy and painless way to moderate calorie intake. I can fit a bacon burger and fries into my day along with a diet soda.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Bad bad bad

I won't even touch a soda. I think the last time I had a soda was about 6 years ago.Diet soda and regular soda are both bad for you. Diet soda is just full of artificial sugar which is man-made and just chemicals and regular soda is just tons of high fructose corn syrup.Anyhoo,either way it's bad I won't drink it I only drink water I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day and unsweetened coffee and unsweetened tea.

Know how we know you didn't read the thread before replying?

Damn, beat me to it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Bad bad bad

I won't even touch a soda. I think the last time I had a soda was about 6 years ago.Diet soda and regular soda are both bad for you. Diet soda is just full of artificial sugar which is man-made and just chemicals and regular soda is just tons of high fructose corn syrup.Anyhoo,either way it's bad I won't drink it I only drink water I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day and unsweetened coffee and unsweetened tea.

Your computer is also manmade . . . so . . .

So is the electricity that powers it.
  • MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    True story. Many years ago I took an Electronics course and the professor is discussing capacitors and resistors and how they work. Also explaining in full detail why they do not save energy. We as a class got it but some guy in the back asks, “Do capacitors save energy?” Ugh.