Diet Sodas?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    It's not "bad" neither is it good. Drinking it daily however isn't something I'd do personally. Looking at the ingredients of most of those drinks there's no need for the body to be constantly full of that.

Given that we're omnivores and capable of meeting our nutritional needs in all kinds of ways, there isn't really a "need" for us to consume any individual item in our diet. Yet we still do consume these things . . .

Speak for yourself. I "need" to eat some pizza today. I'm pretty sure I'll collapse if I don't. True story.

:D
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Depends on you. Artificial sugars give me migraines so I cant drink them. I LOVE flavored sparkling water (the kind with no sweeteners)

But if you don't have a problem with the artificial sugars than they are fine. 0 calories is better than 200 from a normal coke.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Yes, they are bad for you.
    No, they are not bad for you.

Depends on how you are looking at them. Chemicals and fake sugars are never as good as all natural.. Zero calories won't make you gain weight though. And the chances of cancer? Negligible.
    But anything "natural" is chemically bonded at the molecular level. When people talk of chemicals, they speak of artificial, but artificial isn't really "bad" in anyway unless there's a health issue with it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I disagree. You can believe how you like and I will continue to believe that God doesn't make mistakes, but man fouls everything up daily. Artificial in my book will always be "not good for you." You may have to drink 100 cans a day for a month to develop major health risks because the amount of aspartame per serving is negligible, and frankly I don't find that enough of a threat to stop partaking once in awhile myself, but that doesn't take away from the truth that artificial is never as good as natural.

IF you drink 100 cans a day of water for a month, you'll develop major health problems long before the aspartame kills you.

For the record, that 1200-1600 oz or 9-12 Gallons.

I give it 3 days max for water toxication.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's not "bad" neither is it good. Drinking it daily however isn't something I'd do personally. Looking at the ingredients of most of those drinks there's no need for the body to be constantly full of that.

Given that we're omnivores and capable of meeting our nutritional needs in all kinds of ways, there isn't really a "need" for us to consume any individual item in our diet. Yet we still do consume these things . . .

True, however there's some nutritional benefit from most food items, soda on the other hand... Purely for taste which has it's place.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

True, however there's some nutritional benefit from most food items, soda on the other hand... Purely for taste which has it's place.

Water (which makes up the majority of the volume of diet soda) does have benefits for us.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Cracks me up when people are asking. Where did you hear they were bad for you" ..lol