Dang, I feel old!

Options

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Hearing my favorite songs from High School and them being referred to as Oldies :confused:
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hearing my favorite songs from High School and them being referred to as Oldies :confused:

My daughter once asked me if I had color TV when I young ... :D
  • mitzi2013
    mitzi2013 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I feel old every time I go to work because I'm old enough to be their mother!!!
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    when one of the young guys I work with ask what year did I start doing this type of work and I tell them 1998 and they say something like,

"I was 4 years old then". :/
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    when one of the young guys I work with ask what year did I start doing this type of work and I tell them 1998 and they say something like,

"I was 4 years old then". :/

Ohhhh yes I know that feeling too. Even with my husband, he's only a little over 5 years younger but there are times when it's pretty crazy. He actually remembers me being a cashier at the supermarket where he would come shopping with his mom and I was around 17 (probably looked 20) and he was 11-12! That's pretty hilarious to me, but does make me feel old. And then it makes me feel good that NO ONE assumes he is younger than me. They think I'm younger.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Lol, you know your old when you listened to the radio for the time to call into a contest to try to win it......................................and had to use a ROTARY PHONE to dial the number. :D:D:D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • N2TAD
    N2TAD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Trying to explain who Kansas is, and why I know 'Dust in the Wind'.....not to mention Pure Prairy League.......
  • jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was listening to 90s music on the way to work this morning and one song brought back high school memories that made me feel so happy. Until I realized that song came out 20 years ago!

Dial up internet, landline home phones, VHS tapes......all these things are pretty much extinct now.

What makes you feel old now?

Same stuff. 80s movies and remembering when they hit theater. Lol
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Waking up with a sore AF back...

Yup. Just this morning.
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    When most of my joints ache... esp back, neck, and knees :s
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I know now that I am old because....I need the weekend to recoup from the workweek as opposed to the other way around lol!
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    Me and my girlfriend used to go parking in my 1971 Plymouth Duster, Slant-6 engine, and 3 on the column manual transmissions. Billy Joel on 8-track tape was top tech back in the late 70’s!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Watching animals live their entire life, when you meet them as a baby and then see them at the end of their life...I know their lifespan is typically shorter compared to humans, but watching that cycle makes me feel old.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    When I quote a movie from the 80s or 90s and no one in the room has any clue as to what or why I’m saying it
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I remember playing outside for hours and hours. Playing tag/TV tag, hide and go seek, etc. Walking to the pool in the summer. We had chore lists as kids and couldn't go anywhere until the chores were done. When we got the very first Nintendo my mom would hide the controllers so we couldn't sit on our butts playing video games all day. We never did get an allowance for the chores we did, you just did them.

Kids today are totally lazy, sitting around staring at their phones all day. I rarely see kids outside 'playing'. Funny how time changes things....and because of this, it makes me feel old!
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    About few years ago Boy 2 Men were going to performing by in the New Years Parade. My daughter thought they were a new group. When I googled for a song, the first website to pop up was Oldies.com.
    Really... oldies.com.... I am NOT old yet. I refuse to accept it.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Options
    All the aches and pains...and they are not from exercise....they make me feel old