My Life Is Full Of Drama

Options

Replies

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    If you want to flirt and date and party with other people.... why did you get married??

Particularly to a man who has 3 kids (assuming they are his since you are only 19) I know the world says age doesn't matter in a relationship, and maybe it doesn't if you're both on the same page of life. BUT his being 32 with children marrying a 19 year old who still wants to party?? I'm kinda wondering "WHAT WAS HE THINKING!" :laugh: (Sorry - I know, stereotypical thinking - I know nothing about your relationship) It's obvious to me that the two of you are not on the same page right now.

Of course he doesn't like it - you're supposed to be his wife! There is nothing wrong with having friends and hobbies of your own, but from what you're writing I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do. It sounds like a bit more than that is what you want.

Marriage is about communication and compromise on both of your parts AND commitment - somehow that's what you guys will have to do to work through this.

Only you can truly know what the priorities are in your life and whether you want to continue to be married or not as to if you are even willing to compromise and keep your marital promise of commitment.

i didnt marry a man with three kids!
    step and our own also
    (3years.... 15months and 3months)
    (we dnt do the step kid thing the mom isnt around andhasnt been since birth so I AM MOMMY)
    when i got married i was ready to settle down
    so i thought..i didnt party...i didnt go out
    i love him alot but i dont know what i want
    so im struggling
    hes gotten more busy with THREE kids and a bar and grill
    and they just opened another
    which means less time for us
    so i keep telling him i need time and attention too!

he has a right tO be upset
    the person he dated and married a few years ago
    is not who i am today
    but people change and i still love him and our family
    JUST CONFUSED.
    :-(

This says more than your first post. Have you heard of the book, "Love and Respect"? It is based on the idea that men need unconditional respect, and lots of it, and that women need unconditional love, and lots of it.

What I hear you saying is that something is missing - possibly the attention from him that you used to have - and that you are seeking it somewhere else. What he is probably feeling from your flirting with other men is a lack of respect (and rightly so). This is going down a pretty dangerous road, and once you've had a wreck, it will be hard to make things pretty again.

Like all the others have said, marriage is a committment. If you are committed, then spend your energy seeking the fulfillment you need within that marriage. (Realistically, you are going to be faced with the same dilemna in your next relationship, anyway.) My advice? Have a good long look at what you are craving, and sort things out about what your needs are. Then have a good long talk with hubby about how both of your needs can be met.

Just my 2 cents.:smile::heart:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I do agree with what many have posted here..You need to find out what you want to do with your life. Your decisions not only affect you and your husband but 3 kids. A breakup does not mean your gonna have party ,flirt time because you will be a single mother of at least the 2 kids you had with your husband...based on your reasoning for wanting another job "flirt & meet people" I would say you need to really concentrate on your family and work at the family business. This is not saying give up your dreams and being who you are..but you have other people to consider and decisions to make based on them. If you had a better reason for wanting to work in the Beauty Industry then it would be a bit more understanding. Im a Cosmetologist and not to bust a bubble or anything but the fact is your going to have limited options on flirting at any salon. Its fast paced and 9 times out of 10 many of them men are not even interested in women....I hope whatever you do you make the right choice for the "family" that you agreed and promised to care for. As far as attention goes having 3 kids will make the amount of time your hubby can invest in you WAY less than it was when you were dating. 3 kids equals more work hours. You seem to have a lot of time 6+hrs at the gym per week perhaps make it 5hrs and then have lunch 1hr with adult friends. Then you have your "me" "adult" time without sacrificing your "family" time and marriage.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i don't have time to read all the comments but i really suggest marriage counseling.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the support everyone.

i dont regret my marriage nor children
    i love my family and husband
    but prior to opening the second bar & grill
    we spent his 2 off days together
    he works everyday 4pm to 3am he bartends now
    one off day was date night and other was with the kids
    at seaworld disneyland or the wild animal park
    but he started working more and eventually
    met someone who made time for me
    and i didnt cheat...but ending up telling my husband and left for a few months...im now back and realzed that guy i dated was a jerk!
    my husband told me he was sorry and it was all his fault he wasnt taking care of his responsiblities at home and he knows i need the same time and attention he used to give while dating and first married
    so agreeded to make time for me and be better
    and he did for a bit....but hes working alottttttt again
    im gunna try to talk to him again
    before i ruin my mattiage

I'm pretty sure... last time I checked... dating someone else while you're married... that IS cheating. I do think you need to go talk to him. I think you need to really think about what you're saying and doing. He's working 80 hr weeks to support you and your 3 kids and that makes you upset? He's providing for your family, if that means there's less time spent with you then you need to make every second you have together count. Don't spend those valuable minutes telling him about you scuzzy new hooters job or that you want to see other people. YOU need to try being there for HIM too. Relationships are a two-way street. How would you feel if HE met someone else, and dated her, WHILE HE WAS MARRIED TO YOU!? I'm sorry, but 17 is too young to get married. And seriously? what the hell was a 30 yr old doing marrying a 17 yr old?? Anyways sorry, I'm very opinionated, can ya tell?? Good luck with everything, hope it turns out well, especially for the kids' sake.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the support everyone.

i dont regret my marriage nor children
    i love my family and husband
    but prior to opening the second bar & grill
    we spent his 2 off days together
    he works everyday 4pm to 3am he bartends now
    one off day was date night and other was with the kids
    at seaworld disneyland or the wild animal park
    but he started working more and eventually
    met someone who made time for me
    and i didnt cheat...but ending up telling my husband and left for a few months...im now back and realzed that guy i dated was a jerk!
    my husband told me he was sorry and it was all his fault he wasnt taking care of his responsiblities at home and he knows i need the same time and attention he used to give while dating and first married
    so agreeded to make time for me and be better
    and he did for a bit....but hes working alottttttt again
    im gunna try to talk to him again
    before i ruin my mattiage

I'm pretty sure... last time I checked... dating someone else while you're married... that IS cheating. I do think you need to go talk to him. I think you need to really think about what you're saying and doing. He's working 80 hr weeks to support you and your 3 kids and that makes you upset? He's providing for your family, if that means there's less time spent with you then you need to make every second you have together count. Don't spend those valuable minutes telling him about you scuzzy new hooters job or that you want to see other people. YOU need to try being there for HIM too. Relationships are a two-way street. How would you feel if HE met someone else, and dated her, WHILE HE WAS MARRIED TO YOU!? I'm sorry, but 17 is too young to get married. And seriously? what the hell was a 30 yr old doing marrying a 17 yr old?? Anyways sorry, I'm very opinionated, can ya tell?? Good luck with everything, hope it turns out well, especially for the kids' sake.

Yea, I agree with all of this.
    I am doing school full time and working 20-30 hours per week and trying to keep a 4.0 and train, and my boyfriend is working 40+ hour work weeks too. We have an apartment and bills to pay for. If he were to work 80 hours a week so I could just focus on school, the last thing on my mind would be to find someone else. MEN are few and far between, and it sounds like you have one. If we can find time to spend together, even if it is just an hour before bed, so can you. Relationships are active. Love is active. Affection is active. You can't expect it all to come to you. You have to share it.
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone
    all advice and words are appreciated
    and helping me think

we had alot of married friends
    i used time with all my married friends
    while our hubbys worked and we wouldd stuff like lunchs shopping playdates and now...all but two of thoes friends are divorced and now they get to party and have fun so i might even envy them for that

but i need to remember
    i have kids and a husband who cares
    and thats def more important
    my kids def come first in my life
    i spend all day and most nights me and the kids
    just when my sister in laws or mother in law
    take the kids...i get an itch to go party
    ill use that time to make ask my hubby to take off work
    but i just feel like i shouldnt have to remind him to spend time with me
    he should want to....not be obligated to??? you get it?
    idk.....i fee like if he cant remember to spend time with me
    then he dosent want to???
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone
    all advice and words are appreciated
    and helping me think

we had alot of married friends
    i used time with all my married friends
    while our hubbys worked and we wouldd stuff like lunchs shopping playdates and now...all but two of thoes friends are divorced and now they get to party and have fun so i might even envy them for that

but i need to remember
    i have kids and a husband who cares
    and thats def more important
    my kids def come first in my life
    i spend all day and most nights me and the kids
    just when my sister in laws or mother in law
    take the kids...i get an itch to go party
    ill use that time to make ask my hubby to take off work
    but i just feel like i shouldnt have to remind him to spend time with me
    he should want to....not be obligated to??? you get it?
    idk.....i fee like if he cant remember to spend time with me
    then he dosent want to???

I understand what you mean about not wanting to remind him to spend time with you, I have been there. But what helped me is learning that in his mind, providing for you and the kiddos is the MOST important thing. Also, quality time may not be his love language so he really may not realize just how important it is to you. Remember, typically speaking, men are better at focusing on one task as opposed to women who typically do more multi-tasking. He may need help to adjust his focus. It is disconcerting to have to remind him, but it is life. HTH.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I just wonder what all this hype is about partying? I am 20 years old and never been to a single party in my life, and that doesn't mean that I still don't have fun. Who needs to drink and make a full of themself to have fun.

I think the advice I could offer is getting priorities in line whether you want to be a 19 year old wife who stays home and takes care of the kids for the rest of her life or be the 19 year old party girl with kids who might bounce from guy to guy.

Hope this wasn't harsh and I hope that things look up for you! :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Sounds a lot like my first marriage. I was young. Had my first 3 kids back to back. (last one popped up a few years later).
    He was 8 yrs older than I was and tried to control my every move. I didn't start out wanting to see other people. I was never the party type. I was, however, soffocating under his thumb.
    You need to decide, right now, whether you really want to spend the rest of your life with this man. You're a mother and the hanky panky lifestyle has to stop regardless. But as a wife, you need to be there for him, or be gone. Don't drag him through your coming of age, sowing you wild oats. Everyone goes through those stages, but you need to have self control. Set a good example for your children. You will have to answer some tough questions from them later.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I just wonder what all this hype is about partying? I am 20 years old and never been to a single party in my life, and that doesn't mean that I still don't have fun. Who needs to drink and make a full of themself to have fun.

I think the advice I could offer is getting priorities in line whether you want to be a 19 year old wife who stays home and takes care of the kids for the rest of her life or be the 19 year old party girl with kids who might bounce from guy to guy.

Hope this wasn't harsh and I hope that things look up for you! :flowerforyou:

I have no idea. I am almost 22 and have been to parties, and I can tell you from experience they are pretty useless. I miss parties from when I was little where you could walk up to someone and ask "Can I color with you?" and you were best friends for the rest of the day because you both liked Big Bird. Dancing is fun, but that's something you can do with your man for a special date night.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, my 2 cents....I have read everyone's response to this. I am 35 and have never been married, not because I couldn't find someone then, but because "I wasn't ready". I was ready 4 years ago and couldn't find a good man to save my life.....found alot of 1 night stands at the bar with my girlfriends who were also looking for Mr. Right....it took a long time to find my fiancee, and I am glad that I did.

Partying and flirting is over rated and in the end leads to lonliness. Alot of people marry for the party....the white dress the fairytale and never really think about what it means. My fiancee works 18 hours a day at 2 jobs.......he leaves on some days at 5:45 am, gets home at 7pm in time to change eat and leave for his 2nd job at 8:30pm.......he doesn't get home until 3am.........back up at 5:45 to do it again. I live far from family and friends and have no friends in my town...I stay home alone all day......the 1 day my fiancee has off he is asleep until 3pm....and up long enough to visit for a couple hours and eat......I WOULDN'T TRADE HIM FOR THE WORLD. He is the hardest working man I have ever seen, he is my king....and I respect him more then I think he will ever know......now that being said.....I miss the attention, I think sex is damn near non existant most months and the money still never stretches enough......I have thought about leaving.......about how my life would be somewhere else......and always come back to this.....My fiancee is a hard working man, he treats me with the utmost respect and love, he communicates effectively and though he is not here with me, he lets me know that he understands what I am needing from him, reminds me why he cannot be here and lastly assures me that these long hours will pay off later. I love him....every inch of his dusty southern butt! I couldn't see 1 day for the rest of my life without him in it.

You're a lucky woman, go to a club 1 night and watch the women...shoot you work at one you should know. Majority of the women there are looking for what you have and most of the men are looking for sex......

Talk to your husband, afterall he is your bestfriend.....hear what he is telling you when he tells you why he cannot be there...really think.......he is working so hard so that he can provide for you and the kids....

I hope that this works out for you honey.

P.S Nothin wrong with denim minis and cowboy boots.....I happen to have quite a few of those combinations....I think moreover the overall reason you are wearing them........like hooters.......
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    its not so much parties
    house drunk parties are boring
    its clubbing and dancing and going out with my girs and having fun
    i dont get carded anywhere i go
    most clubs or bars in san diego
    want my girlfriends (over 21) and i in VIP
    so they let us in
    other places i say my first and last name
    they know my husband and let me right in
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Well, why did you marry your husband? Because the thought of not having to work and his status seemed glamorous? Or because you wanted to build a strong marriage to lean on during the hardest of times?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    its not so much parties
    house drunk parties are boring
    its clubbing and dancing and going out with my girs and having fun
    i dont get carded anywhere i go
    most clubs or bars in san diego
    want my girlfriends (over 21) and i in VIP
    so they let us in
    other places i say my first and last name
    they know my husband and let me right in

Can I have the names of those clubs? I'd like to call and have them reported for permitting an underage adult to partake in activities reserved for the 21+ crowd. Seriously, that is just sad to me. Go home and be with your husband and your children.
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    not at all i was 17 and in love and wanted to get married and have a family and be with my husband.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    not at all i was 17 and in love and wanted to get married and have a family and be with my husband.

To me, this is the reality of a marriage...hard work, dull times, hard times...but there are good times, unconditional love from your kids, a supportive husband. There are plenty of women who want all of that and don't have any of it. There's nothing wrong with adult time, but there is something wrong with wanting attention from other men or flaunting your body for others, in my opinion.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just a quick quesrion...How did you meet your husband?
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I really wanted to hold my tongue on this, but it's bugging me too much. Please don't read any maliciousness into what I'm about to post, because that's not how it's intended. I'm just very annoyed. I'm 19 and married myself, and have been married for a little over a year an a half.

You married this man. You commited your life to him. So you want to go clubbing and flirt with guys? Oh well, tough. You made a choice. I can't stand to see people who get married on a whim because 'I was in love'. Marriage isn't about the sweet heart throb feeling. Marriage is about selflessness, sacrifice, and compromise. Your spouse's needs and feelings should be just as, if not more, important then your own. Before my husband and I got married a relative told us a good marriage isn't 50% 50% it's 100% 100%, and to me it doesn't even sound like you're doing 50%.
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    Just a quick quesrion...How did you meet your husband?

our moms are best friends
    hes one of 6 kids
    i went to school with two of his younest siblings
    our familes have been close since his younger siblings and i were like kindergarden!
    we lived six doors down from each other untill he moved out of his moms and bought his own house
    so basically friends of the family
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I am hearing that your husband isn't paying enough attention to you. He's got a business to run (now 2) and 3 kids and a wife to support. I imagine he's pretty stressed too (but in a different way) & your demanding time he feels he does not have is probably not helping.

I imagine he wants more time with you too - but doesn't quite know how to get it without screwing up his business and endangering the possibility of being able to support his family. That might sound extreme, but that's probably how he feels.

You guys need to talk and compromise (I know, I said that already!) Maybe that date night idea once a week or twice a month or whatever you can work into his schedule is a good idea.... that way he CAN'T put you off because you're on the calendar :wink:

& sorry for the assumption that the kids were his and not yours :embarassed: