Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-July 2011

Options

Replies

• mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone.....

Ok, so I had my first appt. on July 7th. I found out I was 8 wks and 5 days pregnant. I thought I was closer to 12 weeks at that time, but baby was measuring at 8 wks. Now according to measurements I'm 12 wks along. I swear I'm further than that. I can feel the baby moving, I've been feeling it all week. I never miss a period, (unless prego) and according to last period, I would be about 16 wks along. Anyone else have a similar situation? My next appt is next Thursday so I am going to talk to my doc about this again......I'm pretty sure I know when I conceived, but I guess I could be wrong, or could I just have a small baby?????

As far as exercise, the only thing I've done is walk. I did just get a yoga video. Haven't had time to try it yet. Moving in two weeks and getting married in 3, so things are super busy and crazy right now. Hardly have time for anything after working all day!!! Anyway, let me know what you all think.....Thanks.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone.....

Ok, so I had my first appt. on July 7th. I found out I was 8 wks and 5 days pregnant. I thought I was closer to 12 weeks at that time, but baby was measuring at 8 wks. Now according to measurements I'm 12 wks along. I swear I'm further than that. I can feel the baby moving, I've been feeling it all week. I never miss a period, (unless prego) and according to last period, I would be about 16 wks along. Anyone else have a similar situation? My next appt is next Thursday so I am going to talk to my doc about this again......I'm pretty sure I know when I conceived, but I guess I could be wrong, or could I just have a small baby?????

As far as exercise, the only thing I've done is walk. I did just get a yoga video. Haven't had time to try it yet. Moving in two weeks and getting married in 3, so things are super busy and crazy right now. Hardly have time for anything after working all day!!! Anyway, let me know what you all think.....Thanks.

4 weeks, that's quite a big gap. Yeah, make sure get clarify with your doc. I assumed the doc was using ultrasound to measure and get the 8 wk result? It should be quite accurate, since baby doesn't have much difference in size during earlier stage, that's the reason they do ultrasound in early weeks to get a more accurate estimate for due day. May be late ovulation? Like me, I have a long cycle (30-35 days), so using the standard calculation with starting of P with 28 day cycle is never right for me.

Keep us updated on your Thur appt.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just found out this week that I'm pregnant with #2! My daughter will be 15 months this week, this baby is due April 5th. It will be almost exactly a month before R's 2nd birthday :) I'm only 4.5 weeks right now so no m/s yet. I'm keeping up our Stroller Strides workouts and jogs when it's not too hot. I ran last time until 30 weeks when I started having terrible stomach cramps, then switched to walking. Still gained 40 lbs last time, but a lot of it was swelling at the end. It's nice to find a group of other pregnant women! One thing I did find, I was a lot less active first tri due to morning sickness, so we'll see how things go this time around. I'm also still nursing my daughter so it's hard to eat as much as I need to some days!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here too, so love the idea- have been offline for two weeks on vacation, so haven't been able to keep up with anything on MFP.
    Name: Khrys
    Baby #?: 1
    Due Date: December 14th, 2011
    Baby Sex: decided not to find out, which is shocking, since usually I'm a MAJOR planner!
    Baby Name: Still working on ideas, but if it's a boy, probably middle name Clark- my hubby and I really enjoy all things Superman, and our first date was to see Superman Returns- plus, there aren't many Clarks around!
    Occupation: ESL (English as a Second Language) Teacher, grades K-4 Baby is due a week before Christmas break, and I'll be going back to work a week before Spring Break- sweet!
    Husband Info: Bobby- 7th generation to work on his family's dairy farm. Works 7:30am-8pm 6 days a week, and does 2 milkings on Sundays, too.
    Best thing about being pregnant: Have really had no issues yet, so I'm enjoying that!
    Worst thing about being pregnant: still disbelief that I am pregnant (no issues, and am still not showing at all at 21 weeks), the thought that I can eat whatever I want- trying to keep from gaining back too much weight after recently losing 40 pounds....
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't have my first doctor's appointment until August 22nd. I'll be just over 9 weeks by then. I'll get my first ultrasound then. (excited!!) The Naval hospital where we're stationed doesn't have an OB department or ultrasound equipment so they referred me to a civilian doctor, which I'm actually kind of happy about. Well, the crappy part is, Tricare (the Navy's medical insurance) will only pay for that 1 ultrasound. They say that the 2nd one is only to find out what it is and isn't necessary. What a load of CRAP!! I can, however, drive 1.5-2 hours to DC to one of the Naval clinics there and have my 2nd one done and it's covered. I will definitely be doing that. It's just so frustrating with the military sometimes. UGH! Maybe my doc will be able to work something out with Tricare since I'm considered high risk. We'll see I guess. I'm actually surprised they don't do the first appointment till 8-10 weeks.

NIchole - My husband has family in Ashville and we've been wanting to drive over there. It's about an 8 hour drive for us. We'll be going in September for a wedding. I've never been and am really looking forward to it. My husband said it's a really cool place. Have fun! :)

Well, hope everyone has a super day! :)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not associated with the military at all, and my doctors also didn't schedule my first appointment until almost 10 weeks- drove me crazy! But then I found out that they're listening for the heartbeat at the first appointment, which usually can't be heard until week 9-10, and if they don't hear it, they make you go back every week (rather than every month) until they do, so then it made more sense. I also only have one ultrasound covered by insurance- the 20 week ultrasound.... Good luck to you!
  • WildcatMom82
    Options
    I don't have my first doctor's appointment until August 22nd. I'll be just over 9 weeks by then. I'll get my first ultrasound then. (excited!!) The Naval hospital where we're stationed doesn't have an OB department or ultrasound equipment so they referred me to a civilian doctor, which I'm actually kind of happy about. Well, the crappy part is, Tricare (the Navy's medical insurance) will only pay for that 1 ultrasound. They say that the 2nd one is only to find out what it is and isn't necessary. What a load of CRAP!! I can, however, drive 1.5-2 hours to DC to one of the Naval clinics there and have my 2nd one done and it's covered. I will definitely be doing that. It's just so frustrating with the military sometimes. UGH! Maybe my doc will be able to work something out with Tricare since I'm considered high risk. We'll see I guess. I'm actually surprised they don't do the first appointment till 8-10 weeks.

NIchole - My husband has family in Ashville and we've been wanting to drive over there. It's about an 8 hour drive for us. We'll be going in September for a wedding. I've never been and am really looking forward to it. My husband said it's a really cool place. Have fun! :)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not associated with the military at all, and my doctors also didn't schedule my first appointment until almost 10 weeks- drove me crazy! But then I found out that they're listening for the heartbeat at the first appointment, which usually can't be heard until week 9-10, and if they don't hear it, they make you go back every week (rather than every month) until they do, so then it made more sense. I also only have one ultrasound covered by insurance- the 20 week ultrasound.... Good luck to you!
    My office only does one u/s routinely. My first appointment is a nurse visit between 8 and 9 weeks and then the 2nd appointment at 12 weeks I see the MW and they listen for the h/b. Don't know what happens if they can't find it, I guess maybe then they'll do an early u/s? With my daughter my only u/s was the anatomy scan at 18 weeks.
  • cwagy
    cwagy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I haven't had a chance to look through this thread thoroughly, but I really could use some support in my last two months of pregnancy. I've put on way more weight than I would have liked to. At this point I just want to either maintain the weight I'm at or put on no more than .5 lbs per week. I'm just about 32 weeks right now and really wish I would have watched what I ate more closely from the beginning as it seems most of you are doing. I have been working out on a regular basis during most of my pregnancy with the exception of the first trimester when I had morning sickness and didn't do much of anything.
  • WildcatMom82
    Options
    May I ask what everyone is doing in terms of calorie intake? I set my profile to maintain, are you also eating back your exercise cals? Between that and the breastfeeding cals I feel like I'm eating constantly!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

My office only does one u/s routinely. My first appointment is a nurse visit between 8 and 9 weeks and then the 2nd appointment at 12 weeks I see the MW and they listen for the h/b. Don't know what happens if they can't find it, I guess maybe then they'll do an early u/s? With my daughter my only u/s was the anatomy scan at 18 weeks.

The ultrasound at my 9 week appointment is the only one my insurance covers unless I can get in at one of the other Naval clinics in DC.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    May I ask what everyone is doing in terms of calorie intake? I set my profile to maintain, are you also eating back your exercise cals? Between that and the breastfeeding cals I feel like I'm eating constantly!

I think most everyone in the 1st trimester is eating at maintenance and others in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters are eating an additional 200-300 calories per day. I am eating back exercise calories because losing weight isn't the goal. I'm sure everyone else is probably doing the same thing. If you're breastfeeding too then you'll probably need even more calories. :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options

For the first trimester I set to maintain. I just started my 2nd trimester and set to gain 1/2 pound a week which gives me almost 300 extra calories a day. It's great. :smile: In my first tri I usually ended up eating some exercise calories back. I just started the 2nd so not sure how it will work out. I had a hard time with the calorie increase at first after eating only 1200 a day for about 5 months but my weight has been stable since I changed my calories. I'm totally cool with extra calories now.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was busy although I did very little productive. We started Saturday traveling to a little town about an hour away for a ribbon cutting ceremony for a project I designed and that took the whole morning. I managed to get a little sun/reading time in, but it was so hot. We got our first baby gift from a firends - a tie died onsie. It's super cute. We also had my father in law's 79th birthday party and did some random stuff around the house.

My sister and her family are staying with us Wednesday through Saturday this week so that will be fun. I also have my next dr. appointment Thursday. Nothing special; just hearing the heartbeat again (which is actually pretty special) and the regular stuff. The following appointment we'll have our ultrasound which I think will be our only one right around 20 weeks. I'm pretty excited for that as we are finding out the sex and I just want to see this little thing.

I'm afraid my workouts this week will be sparse as I have a meeting at 6pm tonight and tomorrow need to do some cleanign to prepare for guests. Then we'll have company so I won't be making it the gym. I just can't get up early anymore and get to the gym. Maybe once I get my treadmill I can get my *kitten* out of bed in the mornings. Speaking of our gym, it is pretty much complete! It is painted and flooring down and now we're just waiting on the mirror to be installed and trim and other finish work to be done. I can't wait.

A couple questions for all of you. I'm going to ask my dr. too but just curious. 1. Do any of you go to the chiropractor? I feel misaligned and feel an adjustment is needed. 2. Anybody do spray tan?

Hope you all have a great week!

-Ashley
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry I was MIA this weekend. We were super busy.

Just to let all you first trimesters in on something I discovered this weekend: taking the prenatal vitamin before bed makes a HUGE difference in morning sickness! I'm not saying I feel 100%, but I feel about 75% ok, which is way better than last thursday's 20%.

Aside from that, my recent issues are that no food seems to appeal to me and all I want are carbs and sugar (like jelly belly, lol). Meat just grosses me out completely.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a great week! :happy:

Oh, and my doctor told me since I was starting out overweight, that I should eat 1500 cals a day and only gain 15 lbs throughout the pregnancy. But everyone should ask their OB what calorie intake and weight gain is appropriate for them specifically.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend! Welcome to all the newcomers! Jump right in!

We had a great weekend. On Saturday we went to our Bradley class and then had lunch with some friends. We went to a baby furniture store and ordered our pink glider (which I can't WAIT to see in Charlee's nursery) and then went to Babies R Us to register. Registering for stuff was actually really fun. We then came home and relaxed. Yesterday I spent the entire day in my pj's. Al worked on the rocker he is making for Charlee. It was his when he was little and so he is sanding/painting it and decorating it with her name on it.

Had plans of getting up before 7 and taking my dog for a walk but set my alarm for pm instead of am accidentally and ended up sleeping later than expected. By the time I took her outside to potty at 8 it was already 92* and humid....I can't believe I managed to be pregnant on the hottest summer in history! lol Oh well...a good story to tell Charlee. I'm about to get on the treadmill though and then do an hour of toning.

I go to the chiro and have several times since I've been pregnant. Most MD's don't believe in going to the chiro even when not pregnant so you might get some negative info when asking at your next appointment. I was curious about the spray tan too...I'd imagine it isn't horrible, but it isn't good. You breath in those chemicals from the tan so anything like that isn't going to be good. If you wore a mask or something I'm sure it would be fine. I just can't see myself standing half naked with a mask on getting spray tanned! lol!

Kristy you might want to call Tricare directly and ask them. The office here tells people Tricare won't pay for a 20wk ultrasound, but they do. It isn't just to find out the sex of the baby. It is to do a fetal growth and development scan to make sure the baby is growing how it should, make sure the placenta is in a good spot, the right amount of amniotic fluid is present...etc.. Don't just take your office's word that tricare won't cover it. I know you are in a different coverage area so things might be a little different there, but it wouldn't hurt to make the call and ask tricare if they cover a 20 week fetal growth and development scan (don't say "to check the sex of the baby" lol).

I know I've said this before...but I truly miss doing group exercises. I miss the energy and music of a good Spinning or Cardio Kickbox class. I love living in a safe, quiet town...but I miss being close to a large gym with lots of group exercise options! Working out at home just doesn't get my blood pumping the same.... :(

Well it is a new month and you know what that means....a new Forum! I've posted the August board so all of you ladies that are staying active and getting your workouts on while eating healthy for you and the little one....join us for some more support and fun!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305268-fit-fabulous-and-pregnant-august-2011
  • WildcatMom82
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry I was MIA this weekend. We were super busy.

Just to let all you first trimesters in on something I discovered this weekend: taking the prenatal vitamin before bed makes a HUGE difference in morning sickness! I'm not saying I feel 100%, but I feel about 75% ok, which is way better than last thursday's 20%.

Aside from that, my recent issues are that no food seems to appeal to me and all I want are carbs and sugar (like jelly belly, lol). Meat just grosses me out completely.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a great week! :happy:

Oh, and my doctor told me since I was starting out overweight, that I should eat 1500 cals a day and only gain 15 lbs throughout the pregnancy. But everyone should ask their OB what calorie intake and weight gain is appropriate for them specifically.
    Oh yes, I could never take my vitamins in the morning, even before I was actually pregnant!

The MWs were totally not helpful in the weight department last time, they're so chill about everything lol. I felt like I was gaining too much but they kept telling me to not worry about it (I gained 40 overall). And I was overweight to start as well at 5'6 and 160. I've been eating everything MFP tells me so far so we'll see what happens!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, 1st doctors apt went well. We are offically 8 weeks along and according to the doctor everything looks great so far. I'll be back in in 4 weeks for more bloodwork/check up ect.

I am counting my blessings that I don't have any morning sickness (so far) but I am extremely tired. I barely have enough energy to walk from my vehicle to my desk at work and from teh truck home.

I spend all my time sleeping which, my hubby is ok with :happy: as long I get up eventually and consume protien/veggies & water.

I would love to work out, but can't imagine working out with this exhaustion! Meanwhile, I'm down 1.5 lbs from my appt date...But I'm steadily eating? I've been told losing a few pounds is normal?? :ohwell:

So much to learn
  • WildcatMom82
    Options
    I would love to work out, but can't imagine working out with this exhaustion! Meanwhile, I'm down 1.5 lbs from my appt date...But I'm steadily eating? I've been told losing a few pounds is normal?? :ohwell:

So much to learn
    I lost 10 lbs during first tri last time. I was not working out and ate pretty much everything in sight - apparently HCG makes my body want to lose.

Glad your appointment went well :)
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options

So much to learn
    I lost 10 lbs during first tri last time. I was not working out and ate pretty much everything in sight - apparently HCG makes my body want to lose.

Glad your appointment went well :)

Thank you Wildcatmom...Okay, so it's okay...I was really kinda worried but I don't want to call my doctor every time I panic...Geez he might be sick of me pretty quick :laugh:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    This first trimester I have kept it at 1400 calories, actually been feeling full after I eat. I am going a little over about 20-80 calories /day, but after my next doctors appointment I will probably set it at 1700 and I really want to go back to the gym and do the elliptical for 20-30 mins. I do not have any energy, but still get in some sporadic walks in the park.

Thanks ladies for the support!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I was really sick the first couple months too this time. I was taking it early with breakfast, and now I take it with dinner, seemed to help quite a bit....

I've also heard if you take it too late you won't sleep well....I'm not sure if that's true, but I usually take mine about 7 pm and go to bed between 10 - 11pm. I'm always tired it seems like, but I don't think it has anything to do with the vitamin. Good Luck. So glad the morning sickness has passed for the most part. Hopefully it will soon for you too.
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a few pages, and I'm not going to comment on everything-just know I'm up to date on everyone after all that reading I just did! Looks like there's some new members and that everyone is doing well!

I am in my last week of my first trimester now! This pregnancy seems to be going by so quickly compared to the last since i have a 1 year old to be chasing around. For the most part, my nausea has subsided. Praise the Lord! I was so hoping I wouldn't feel bad going into my second trimester like last time.
    I scheduled my doula to be at the birth and I have a prenatal appointment and my first ultrasound coming up next week!!! I'm super excited to see my little one and hear the heartbeat for the first time!
    So far my weight gain has been zero- I've actually lost 6lbs from stopping breastfeeding and from a throwing up spree I had a few weeks ago. I'm sleeping when I can, and walking when I can. Eating hasnt been what I've wanted to do much of lately, but it seems that I'm getting my appetite back!

Have a good night mommas!