Ripped in 30 w/ Jillian M. Who's in?!?!

Options

Replies

• bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just did Ripped in 30 week 3 today. It is brutal! I have been doing RI30 6 days a week with Sundays off. So far, I have dropped 2 pounds and 9 inches in total. I'm hoping to drop more inches by the end of the 30 days. Not sure what to do after, maybe a second round of RI30 advanced version. Any suggestions on other Jillian Michaels DVDs? She is mean but in a good way and pushes you when you need it. :laugh:

Have you tried 30 Day shred? Its a great workout!
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    what's RI30? I want to join the 30 Day Shred if this is it! Bought it, did one night and started a new job (long hours). That was last week and things are well enough to get back to every day. O' I see the RI30....is that the same as 30 day shred? :flowerforyou:

Ripped in 30 is different than the 30 day shred but same concept and same trainer just a notch up from 30 day shred. I loved the shred and Im really liking ripped as well. I start week 2 tomorrow!!! You can still join in on this group if you'd like. We are all here for the same reasons: Motivation, support and to lose weight! Good luck
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    I took a rest day today!

W2D2(9) tomorrow!

How does it feel to take that little breather!?!?!
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    My first post! I've been lurking here for about 2 weeks....

I'll join. - I plan to start Day 1/Week 1 today.

I dread it because when I first got the dvd (over a week ago) I popped it in and did my first workout and was SO SORE for the next 2 days! I've been avoiding it since. LOL - I've been the very definition of "couch potato" for the last 2 years and am paying for it now. (I moved to a very rural area where I have no friends & work from home. My activity level has plummeted.) I used to be in shape, I used to have strength & stamina...... how quickly we loose it!

I'm not sure what I weight. I'm guessing 115 - 120 & I'm 5'3". (Don't have a scale but I have a tape measure. I should take measurements.) The couch potato life has added a few vanity pounds that don't concern me too much... I mostly just want to be firm & defined again, to feel stronger & be more active.

Oh the sore muscles are definitely the hardest part! Once you get passed the first few days, the pain should start to ease up! I personally love the feel of burning muscles, but I even felt super sore the first few days!!! But you can definitely do this!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    After 3 days Ifinally got back to it - did week1 day 3 today. This is definately getting easier but I am scared of week 2 though!:noway:
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm starting W1D1 tonight, but what type of exercise do I input it as here because I don't have a pedometer or HRM to know how many calories I'm burning. I also don't have any weights...is that going to be a huge problem? =/ I'll have to get those tomorrow.
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    I'm starting W1D1 tonight, but what type of exercise do I input it as here because I don't have a pedometer or HRM to know how many calories I'm burning. I also don't have any weights...is that going to be a huge problem? =/ I'll have to get those tomorrow.

I think you can log it under Circuit Training-General. I don't think the weights are a deal breaker; I've heard some people use a can of food as their weights.
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    Did WK1D2 somehow i thought it was harder than D1...oh well D3 2moro! :D
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    RI30 W2D9 done. The rest day was weird.. I felt odd w/o exercising and had less calories to eat than normal days so that was an adjustment! I had to muster up the motivation to do the workout this morning, I find the philosophy for exercise similar to in college and how they say that if you sleep in through a class once, it gets easier and easier to skip other classes.. with exercise if you miss one day the next it is easy to not want to exercise again.. but I pushed past that feeling! 5 days to go for week 2 - which is still horribly difficult!

- The crow lunges - I am getting them on my knees! Thats exciting
    - I cant do the ab hold into the table.. my body can't handle that.. I spend half the time trying to figure out form! Maybe by day 7!
    - Plank jacks/mountain climbers - OMG still have to fall to my knees a couple times on that one!
    - Stork rows or whatever - it's hard to balance - Even Shelley fails at keeping the pose the entire time!
    - Sumo Squats with tricep extension - my arms BURNNNNNNNNNNN!
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Finished W1D1 yesterday and I'm actually looking forward to doing it today! I'm not very sore...and I think that's because I didn't do it with weights but hopefully getting them today will help. We just repeat the same week video for 5 to 6 days right? And then move into the next Week for another 5-6? Sorry, I'm just not sure if I'm using my dvd right :P
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    daad13- thats great! I think you will like even better when you have the weights ;p Yep just repeat each Level(week) for 5-6 and then move on!

Beauty- I completely agree. Its too hard to get back into the swing. During the shred I let myself rest and It was so hard to get back into! No rest for me with Ripped!!!

As for me:
    W2D1 Today!!! It was pretty hard! My body is still quivering a bit! I too had to drop to my knees about 3 times during mountain climbers/plank jacks. The ab hold table thing- hard.hard.hard Could not get it down! I love that the ab moves are up a notch. Much harder! All in all it was a great workout. I wish I had a HRM. I would love to see exactly what Im burning! Good job everyone! Keep pushing through!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Okay new still to this thread. yesterday I did day 1. today I am taking off! my legs are burning but my upper body is fine. Just need to stretch my legs today and let them recover. I had an injury last year and have to be careful!
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Just finished W1D4 today. It's been a rough day and my workout suffered I think, I managed to do it but I had a harder time keeping up. :frown: Will take a day off from RI30 tomorrow and do my Zumba workout I think.
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those of you on week 2. Some of you mentioned having to drop to your knees on the plank jack/mountain climber combo, and I'm wondering why. Is it because you are tired cardiovascularly or muscularly? I don't feel like I'm really breathing all that hard, but I still struggle to do this without a rest. I would have suspected my abs would give out first in the plank position, but it's actually my shoulders that get tired in this position. Then, in the following circuit, my shoulders are still tired so I'm having a hard time with the in-out jumps from the plank position too. Does that mean I'm not engaging my abs enough, maybe not keeping my bottom half low enough? Or do your shoulder muscles potentially fatigue on these exercises even if you use proper form? I'd love some input on how you are all doing it! Thanks--keep ripping it!
  • dirtyblue
    Options
    OMG! Did w2d1 last night. Cursed at Jillian quite a few times! Had to go to my knees on the mountain climbers quite a few times! This workout seemed like she really engaged the core on almost all the exercises. At one time I had to remember that I was still on the cardio not on the abs yet!
  • kel834
    kel834 Posts: 23
    Options
    ok I tried to do w2 d1 this morning, omg! I do not have upper body strength, the plank position exercises are hard! I am wondering if I should stay in week 1 for a few more days??
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    Yay week 1 finished!!! will probably take a rest day tomorrow and maybe do yoga or something lower impact.
    kel834-that might be a good idea to stay with week1 or just modify as you can with week 2. As you do it more it will become easier.
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    dirtyblue- I too curse quite a bit at Jillian while doing week 2! Its rough.

kel834- did you do the 30ds before Ri30? Because she does a lot of plank work in that one. I agree with ts014. if you want to continue on week 1 for a few extra days that might help, Or if you want to stay on week 2, you could try to incorporate some extra plank holds throughout the day or at night before you go to bed. Try to do the plank jacks and mountain climbers a couple extra times too. Just to build up that strength. Its sooo hard! But you can do it :D

ts014- Right on!!! You deserve a rest day!!! Are you taking measurements each week?
  • kcleslie2113
    kcleslie2113 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 right now =) Love that work out!
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    W2D2 finished today! Had my husband watching and cheering me on the whole time!!! What a trooper he is. I still can't figure out the table things? And the abs in circuit 3 really get to me too! Those are definitely my weakest points. I really just didn't want to work out today...In a mood. But pushed through it and Im glad I did. Thats one more day to mark off my calendar!